1/13 UW interviewees!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neoserenity333

foxy fox mccloud
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who's going on the skiing trip?
I want to go, but not alone :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know. I've never been skiing before; I don't know if I'm going to feel like making a fool of myself at that particular time. I think I'd rather explore Seattle, since I've never been there.

Hahah, I've never been either. We can learn together! The coordinator said we could still explore in the late afternoon/evening, so I think I might do that. I hope someone will join me :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been skiing in a while, but I'll definitely be going on the Seattle ski trip. I will see you guys there.

What the Deuce? I was signed up for the Jan interview but had to move to the Feb interview -- do I not get a ski trip? :mad:

The ski trip in question is an annual UW MSTP event, and it just happens to coincide with the first interview date.

Oh well - I knew I should never have volunteered to shift interview dates :)

lundysd said:
Oh well - I knew I should never have volunteered to shift interview dates :)

you will be rewarded for your good deed, i'm sure ;)

i'll be there. c'mon, i'm sure there are some forum lurkers going to 1/13 also... i know you guys are out there :p

troszic said:
The ski trip in question is an annual UW MSTP event, and it just happens to coincide with the first interview date.

Yes, the ski trip 'just happens' to coincide with an interview date...

There will be plenty of other stuff to do no matter what weekend you come out to visit. And do stay for the weekend if you can manage it.

See you there,
MJS

curious...

*supposing* it was possible, i would trade my harvard invite for a UW acceptance without blinking... would anyone take me up on the offer?

SeventhSon said:
curious...

*supposing* it was possible, i would trade my harvard invite for a UW acceptance without blinking... would anyone take me up on the offer?

you would rather go to UW than Harvard? or are you just trying to go for the safe route by trading invite for acceptance? :p

neoserenity333 said:
you would rather go to UW than Harvard? or are you just trying to go for the safe route by trading invite for acceptance? :p

UW is an awesome school; I would trade a Harvard acceptance for a UW acceptance. If you are interested in one of the departments that UW is strong in, and if you love outdoor activity but wanna live in an urban area at the same time, it seems like it would be hard to pass up UW.

Also, the Intransit Reviews suggest that it is a well put together, well-funded program, but I suppose we will be able to judge for ourselves.

I'm excited for this interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to kick myself so hard now... I cancelled the UW interview cause I'm from the east coast and didn't feel like flying 7 hours to Washington state. As if missing out on a free trip to Seattle wasn't enough, I had to miss free skiing too?!!! UGH

Someone mentioned above about UW's strong areas... I was curious what those are. Thanks!

I'm so bummed about missing this ski trip -- I haven't been skiing in years (born in Colorado). But, like others have said, I would trade that and more anyday for an acceptance at U-dub :D . I've heard that they interview and accept nearly the same number (difference of about 10 people), but I'm not sure if this varies from year to year -- anyone else know?? If that's the case, I'm sure hoping not to be one of the unlucky ones....

Scott

neoserenity333 said:

i very well might choose there over harvard. I would definitely trade a UW bird in the hand for a harvard one in the bush. UW is #1 in primary care, #2 in NIH funding behind harvard, and have tons of people doing research in my area of interest (pharmaceutical/medicinal chemistry, biophysics).

oops, didn't mean my previous post to sound as though i were shocked at your choice (harvard definitely has its cons, and boston is a cold, cold city--hey, i can knock it cause i've lived there! :p --though wonderful in many other ways). i would keel over with joy if i got into UW, so i totally agree with everyone here. :love:

as for our probabilities of getting in from this point, i would say it's looking good since they're dishing all this $$$ out and refer to us as "recruits." but then again, i've been hit before w/ the post-interview-hype-rejection bulldozer, so who knows...

I'd give certain choice peices of anatomy for a UW acceptance. Hell, for an interview.

Why do I get no love?

pleaseeeeee i really wanna get into UW
:(

We should get a pretty good gauge on our odds once we see how many people are at our interview day.... multiply that by 3, and then they must accept between 20-30...

but yeah, they want us to feel like we're recruited because if they do end up accepting us they want us to go there. They reimburse flight and seem to be treating us though, so hopefully they won't be interviewing any more than 60 or 70 (?) .... we'll see.

Oh you people are so lucky.

UW, indeed, is a wonderful place to be. For all of us who decide against it in the end, it was a very difficult decision. Good luck to you guys! Seattle rocks!

wow i feel that places like UCSD need to now offer surfing lessons to stay competitive.

Have you guys looked at your schedules yet? Mine is partially posted (through 2:30pm), and I'm already scheduled for 8 interviews! Friday is going to be such a long day.

yeah I have 2 interviews on Thursday as well... I think it's weird our interviews are supposed to be 20 minutes... Ugh. Oh well, i'm really excited about this visit :love:

Thundrstorm said:
Have you guys looked at your schedules yet? Mine is partially posted (through 2:30pm), and I'm already scheduled for 8 interviews! Friday is going to be such a long day.

I know! I'm super-excited! I have one interview on Thursday, and it's only a couple of hours after my flight lands, so hopefully, I'll have time to change and get there okay.

for the interviewees tomorrow, does anyone have any idea what is "4:30, Committee Review" :confused:

I have something else at 4:45. :confused:

I dunno, but good luck! I'm already pumped about mine, and I have another month to wait. Keep us posted on how it goes

Scott

I guess you guys have your interview today. Give us full reports and submit them to intransit.us.

posters, lurkers, anyone, if you get the call please just let us know so I don't have to agnoize all night :(

SeventhSon said:
posters, lurkers, anyone, if you get the call please just let us know so I don't have to agnoize all night :(
I'm agonizing too... so who knows if anyone's been called. It was nice to meet you guys, by the way. :)

Thundrstorm said:
I'm agonizing too... so who knows if anyone's been called. It was nice to meet you guys, by the way. :)

Holy ****, dudes. No call here either.
Are they messing with us?

troszic said:
Holy ****, dudes. No call here either.
Are they messing with us?

This is worse than waiting for MCAT scores.

hey guys, i got the call :D
good luck to everyone else, and it was awesome meeting you all!

p.s. some of the current students i talked to said they received their calls a couple weeks (and even months) later :thumbup:

god i can't believe this. it makes me want to vomit, i thought I interviewed better there than any of my interviews i've had up to this point; could be a long spring.... By the way Matt, UCSD rejected you sans interview? Wtf were they thinking?

SeventhSon said:
god i can't believe this. it makes me want to vomit, i thought I interviewed better there than any of my interviews i've had up to this point; could be a long spring.... By the way Matt, UCSD rejected you sans interview? Wtf were they thinking?

Yeah, I had that same feeling last night. I don't know whether or not I should just give up hope for UW.

Congrats to those who were accepted,

Can some of yall post your thoughts on the interview at UW?

Scott

does anyone remember... they said if we dont get the call, we get either a waitlist or rejection letter by snail-mail right?

As I recall, they'll email you if you get waitlisted/delayed decision/whatever you want to call it. If you're in this group, don't worry too much - they just want to wait to see another group, you could even get accepted before the next interview. Not sure what they do if you get rejected though, but I'd assume snail mail.

I got the call last night =)
(and joined SDN today, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the other interviewees SDN aliases).

Congrats neoserenity333. Good luck to everyone.

-Ben

Mitro said:
As I recall, they'll email you if you get waitlisted/delayed decision/whatever you want to call it. If you're in this group, don't worry too much - they just want to wait to see another group, you could even get accepted before the next interview. Not sure what they do if you get rejected though, but I'd assume snail mail.

i thought the adminstrator (maureen) said that they don't do delayed decision. I thought that was kind of weird. Are you sure?

SeventhSon said:
i thought the adminstrator (maureen) said that they don't do delayed decision. I thought that was kind of weird. Are you sure?

If you call and ask, they'll tell you that you could hear at anytime - most likely after one of the next two interview dates.

well i just got the waitlist e-mail. tear, at least there is some hope.

SeventhSon said:
well i just got the waitlist e-mail. tear, at least there is some hope.
great... guess my rejection letter is in the mail.

Thundrstorm said:
great... guess my rejection letter is in the mail.

:confused: :(. By the way WUSTL finally got around to sending me a rejection letter. Woohoo!

Be advised... UWash rejection letters are on the move. I got mine yesterday. I expected it, so I wasn't too upset. I'm not sure I would have gone there anyway, but I guess now the decision has been made for me.