1-800-contacts

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all OD's out there have a dumb question. I just recently got Rx for contacts for cooper frequencey 55. But I want to try the new acuvues. do i need new script from doctor or i can just order them through 1800contacts with the measurements.. thanks for the insight.

Members don't see this ad.

kwakster928 said:
Hi all OD's out there have a dumb question. I just recently got Rx for contacts for cooper frequencey 55. But I want to try the new acuvues. do i need new script from doctor or i can just order them through 1800contacts with the measurements.. thanks for the insight.

1. It's most likely that you will need a new "script".

2. If you're a doctor yourself, you can order directly for the new lenses without getting a new script, although I would be hesitant to suggest it unless you had the lenses in your eye before and had successfully adapted to them.

Regards,
Richard_Hom

If the new acuvues you're talking of are the Acuvue advance you'll need a new scrip. They're hydrogel lenses and a different design. You'll most likely have to go in and talk to your OD.....

Unfortunately there isn't much standarization of sizes between contact lens brands. This means that even if ordered in the same size as the contacts you were prescribed the new brand may fit much tighter or much more loose and you may not have good vision or even worse may do some damage to your eyes. It would be much easier if all contact lens sizes were the same from brand to brand, maybe someday:) Hope this helps