1 Month Secondary turn around time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daitong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My stats are relatively competitive (3.9/36) but I was working a full time job this summer and got verified 7/10. Most schools I applied to I got in my secondaries roughly 2-3 weeks after I received the secondary, but now i'm finalizing the remainder of my essays.

My question is, does it significantly hamper my application chances by applying this late?

Any input would be greatly appreciated- I'm mainly asking to mentally prepare myself incase the cycle doesn't turn out as well.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some people already have interviews but I don't think you are late by any means.

I read a lot of people saying you should turn in secondaries within 2 weeks.

Question: Why does it matter when you turn them in? Does not turning them in within 2 weeks suggest laziness?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Look forward to trying again next year. You dun goofed

I'm in a similar spot - full time job and verified around the same time. I didn't pre-write, so I just got this huge flux of secondaries as soon as I was verified. I prioritized my state schools and have been working in order after that. So far, I have turned in a few schools late (2-3 weeks), but I haven't yet reached 1 month lateness...

With stats like yours, you're probably fine. I suggest you just prioritize the schools you're most interested in, and for the rest, just do the best you can. My friend turned all her secondaries in by early September, had low average stats and eventually got in to a great school in May (with 3 interviews). I don't think it's a death sentence to be turning them in at the beginning of August.

We definitely didn't do ourselves any favors, though, by not prewriting...

Reactions: 1 user
I would have been pre-writing in the womb had I known how difficult this would be while working full time.