1 year CCM fellow after IM sub specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartesos

Medalaganario
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had posted this on the IM thread and it should have been here, sorry :)

I wanted to know about 1 year ccm fellowship spots, when i look in freida i find the ccm only spots, but not all of them do 1 year track, and they are not very fast answering emails.
Any idea where to find a list of the programs that have the 1 y ccm track avalable? tried CCM society page and no luck( maybe i overlooked?).

And another thing, how competitive are those programs( im coming from ID)? what is looked more?
ive heard PMC is where everybody wants to go.
Not much info online guys! :confused:
Please help!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I had posted this on the IM thread and it should have been here, sorry :)

I wanted to know about 1 year ccm fellowship spots, when i look in freida i find the ccm only spots, but not all of them do 1 year track, and they are not very fast answering emails.
Any idea where to find a list of the programs that have the 1 y ccm track avalable? tried CCM society page and no luck( maybe i overlooked?).

And another thing, how competitive are those programs( im coming from ID)? what is looked more?
ive heard PMC is where everybody wants to go.
Not much info online guys! :confused:
Please help!:scared:

Honestly, I'm not really sure how you go about securing a one year spot following other sub-specialty fellowship. I think all those spots occur outside of the match. I would imagine programs with a formal two year CCM program that were not able to fill all of it's spots would have the funding and interest in taking on a single year fellow. I only know two guys who did CC after other sub-specialty training, one did it at Mayo and the other at Tufts.

These programs will not be "competitive" in the traditional sense, but perhaps difficult to obtain as you'll have to do more leg work.

If I were you, I think I'd email the program coordinators listed on the Freida for all of the CCM programs and ask if they ever take a one year fellow. This year you may have to wait until after the match to see who fills and who does not, and find out if those unfilled programs would like a single year fellow - since they have money for the spot or they wouldn't have looked for people, and having one less fellow screws up the call and rotation schedule (which is bad for morale), I think you'll find a lot of interested parties.

I would suggest you go to Freida website, look up the Internal medicine sponsored CCM Programs. Some take paper application but many are through ERAS so you cant apply to them before July. Almost all of them will consider you for a 1 ur spot. 2 yr CCM fellows are hard to come by and many of the 2 yr spots are filled by 1 yr fellows.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how you go about securing a one year spot following other sub-specialty fellowship. I think all those spots occur outside of the match. I would imagine programs with a formal two year CCM program that were not able to fill all of it's spots would have the funding and interest in taking on a single year fellow. I only know two guys who did CC after other sub-specialty training, one did it at Mayo and the other at Tufts.

These programs will not be "competitive" in the traditional sense, but perhaps difficult to obtain as you'll have to do more leg work.

If I were you, I think I'd email the program coordinators listed on the Freida for all of the CCM programs and ask if they ever take a one year fellow. This year you may have to wait until after the match to see who fills and who does not, and find out if those unfilled programs would like a single year fellow - since they have money for the spot or they wouldn't have looked for people, and having one less fellow screws up the call and rotation schedule (which is bad for morale), I think you'll find a lot of interested parties.
thanks guys!
im emailing the programs and i have gotten some mixed responses, some do, some dont.
Im keeping my hopes up and will apply with the info i can gather until july.
ill keep on trying, and im getting good responses from my ID faculty( which surprises me, i thought they would frown upon it), so hopefuly some networking in their part will also help.
Keeping my fingers crossed and pray, and keep harrassing these lazy pc`s! lol.