10/03 OAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuzQ120

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how'd everyone do? hopefully its an early holiday present!

good luck with the rest of finals and happy holidays! :)

Members don't see this ad.

okay heres mine, i just got mine in the mail today:

Academic Average: 350
Quantitative Reasoning: 340
Reading Comp: 370 (lol)
Physics: 330
Biology: 350
General Chemistry: 380
Organic Chemistry: 330
Total Science: 350

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
okay heres mine, i just got mine in the mail today:

Academic Average: 350
Quantitative Reasoning: 340
Reading Comp: 370 (lol)
Physics: 330
Biology: 350
General Chemistry: 380
Organic Chemistry: 330
Total Science: 350
Wow, great job! :clap: Must have been those fabulous prep books you used. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by r_salis
Wow, great job! :clap: Must have been those fabulous prep books you used. :D

it relly helped for sure ;)! and so did the week and a half of cramming :D

my highest was reading comp too.... know why?? (cuz I didn't read a damn thing!) Read the question and scan the passage... that's all you need to know. The questions are in the same order the stuff is in the paragraph. Whee

Originally posted by cpw
my highest was reading comp too.... know why?? (cuz I didn't read a damn thing!) Read the question and scan the passage... that's all you need to know. The questions are in the same order the stuff is in the paragraph. Whee

lol, i know....i shouldve done better on RC! the answers did follow a sequence. my chem mark was the highest, rofl

whats the highest possible score on the OATS and whats the average good score????
i don't know much about the OATS, but will someone please fill me in on this info????

From the UCB Career Center website:
Grades and OAT scores are important, because they tend to be good predictors of potential success in the optometry curriculum. In 1997, the range of the average grade point (GPA) for the entering class at all sixteen optometry schools was 3.10 to 3.59 with the overall range being 2.50 to 4.0. The average OAT scores for all sixteen schools and colleges ranged from 320 to 364 on a scale that ranges from 200 to 400. Admission Committees tend to look for consistency in the applicant's overall GPA and the OAT scores.

More good info from the UCB website: http://career.berkeley.edu/Health/OptomApp.stm

From ASCO, the organization that administers the OAT: http://www.opted.org/info_oat.cfm