100k Signing Bonus for CVS Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an email last week for 100k/3 year sign-on for CVS Health. Up in Indiana. Email states its 100 lump sum 60 days within starting. up to 28K additional for moving expenses.

156k salary plus 33k yearly bonus puts you at 189K. Bruh somebody take this job! I remember working as a RX tech for 8.50 an hour!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Must be a really crappy store lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Got an email last week for 100k/3 year sign-on for CVS Health. Up in Indiana. Email states its 100 lump sum 60 days within starting. up to 28K additional for moving expenses.

156k salary plus 33k yearly bonus puts you at 189K. Bruh somebody take this job! I remember working as a RX tech for 8.50 an hour!
Isn't this job a pharmacy job not a tech?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
$189k Indiana? Does that mean you pretty much live and dress like Jeff Bezos, snort cocaine off supermodels, and wipe your arse with $100 bills soaked with the tears of a ?unicorn?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 14 users
I believe this is the same district where the pharmacist died on the job. I grew up in this area and I’ve been hearing pharmacists have left en mass since that happened.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
3 years? No thanks. If I were a desperate new grad then I'd do it for 1 year max.

Or transfer you to BFE Kansas.

so this is nuts. I mean during the mid 2000's they were offering 15-25k for three year commitments and there were like 1/2 the number of grads per year. So either:
1. this area is a such a **** show that literally new grads would rather drive uber than work for a crappy employer at a really good salary.
2. They have no intent of ever letting someone finish their three year commitment either by closing the store or firing them.

Reactions: 5 users
so this is nuts. I mean during the mid 2000's they were offering 15-25k for three year commitments and there were like 1/2 the number of grads per year. So either:
1. this area is a such a **** show that literally new grads would rather drive uber than work for a crappy employer at a really good salary.
2. They have no intent of ever letting someone finish their three year commitment either by closing the store or firing them.

I plugged numbers into an inflation calculator for fun. In 2004, $66k is about 100k today. I'm sure there was some dumpster fire outlier back then that paid more than the typical 25-50k.

I plugged numbers into an inflation calculator for fun. In 2004, $66k is about 100k today. I'm sure there was some dumpster fire outlier back then that paid more than the typical 25-50k.
the thing is - I worked in some of those crappy hard to staff areas right out of school- and the highest I saw was 50k but that was for 5 years, the highest I saw for 3 years was 20k. I just feel there is something unbelievably fishy about this offer

You will kill your career working for CVS and CVS/Carmark is the primary destructive force in Pharmacy, if not all of healthcare.

Members don't see this ad :)
the thing is - I worked in some of those crappy hard to staff areas right out of school- and the highest I saw was 50k but that was for 5 years, the highest I saw for 3 years was 20k. I just feel there is something unbelievably fishy about this offer

Maybe the base pay is low effectively cancelling out the bonus. $50/hr with 100k bonus for 3 years is about the same as $66/hr no bonus for 3 years.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Maybe the base pay is low effectively cancelling out the bonus. $50/hr with 100k bonus for 3 years is about the same as $66/hr no bonus for 3 years.

There are many things to consider when looking to work with a chain like CVS, but the two most important things are not the money, but the monopolistic and any-pharmacist position CVS has taken with regard to the profession and the NY Times article that exposes CVS for putting Pharmacist in a position of jeopardizing patient safety and the safety of the staff repeatedly....

As a Pharmacist, you need to remain in control of all of pharmacy operations and be directly responsible for the fiscal and the health and safety of the patients. CVS has proven to be incapable or unwilling to do with. When you are in that Pharmacy there is no partnership.. Your license is on the wall and you are completely responsible for all aspects of operations.

There are many things to consider when looking to work with a chain like CVS, but the two most important things are not the money, but the monopolistic and any-pharmacist position CVS has taken with regard to the profession and the NY Times article that exposes CVS for putting Pharmacist in a position of jeopardizing patient safety and the safety of the staff repeatedly....

As a Pharmacist, you need to remain in control of all of pharmacy operations and be directly responsible for the fiscal and the health and safety of the patients. CVS has proven to be incapable or unwilling to do with. When you are in that Pharmacy there is no partnership.. Your license is on the wall and you are completely responsible for all aspects of operations.

Exactly that's why I would have no interest in this offer unless I were a new grad with no other job offer and student loans to pay.

Exactly that's why I would have no interest in this offer unless I were a new grad with no other job offer and student loans to pay.

If your unemployed student loans are capped at 10% of gross income. There is never an excuse to work for a company that is flatly dangerous to the public. The real solution, for this, however, is to get organized across the board. But Pharmacy has become too fragmented thanks to indoctrination out of the universities.

Heart attack, there's a thread about it here if you're interested

• Sad
Heart attack, there's a thread about it here if you're interested

Although you may already be familiar with it
What were the symptoms?

People die all the time. On and off the job. Why would that matter?
Is this actually directed at me or just a general question?

Either way: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that having a pharmacist die on the job while waiting for someone to cover the rest of their shift is bad for attracting future candidates. Probably an understatement to say that it reflects poorly on the DM and corporate culture.

That being said, the whole thing confused me because I can't imagine anyone thinking they're having a heart attack and calling their boss before 911.

Reactions: 3 users
Is this actually directed at me or just a general question?

Either way: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that having a pharmacist die on the job while waiting for someone to cover the rest of their shift is bad for attracting future candidates. Probably an understatement to say that it reflects poorly on the DM and corporate culture.

That being said, the whole thing confused me because I can't imagine anyone thinking they're having a heart attack and calling their boss before 911.
That was his choice.

Are You Serious Give Me A Break GIF by Originals

Reactions: 2 users
That was his choice.
Neither of us have a stake here. I specifically said that I don't get why the boss was called before 911. Obviously I'm guessing the pharmacist underestimated the severity of her situation.

Are you just trolling?

Whether the DM or company was wrong is pretty irrelevant. Bad thing happened - people quit - shortage results in worse conditions - hard to recruit - pay goes up

People die all the time. On and off the job. Why would that matter?

My assumption is the pharmacy is now haunted, and very few people want to work in a haunted pharmacy. Yeah, it sounds like it would be all fun and games.....but trust me, it's not.

• Wow
  • Haha
So it's haunted now? What?
well you know maybe some of us who are fed up with people enjoy the presence/company of ghosts, animals, plants, etc. to human beings.

Says a lot about how bitchy, demanding, inconsiderate, selfish, penny pinching, entitled, ignorant, etc. your average pharmacy patient is let alone most other technicians and RPh who bitch non stop

what's the catch? bad area? poor turnover rate?

Apparently they are still hiring for this district, I’m thinking about signing up, I know someone that negotiated $65/hr she’s starting next month.

• Sad
Meanwhile travel nursing gets 100k for a 10 week contract in rural Alaska.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
$189k Indiana? Does that mean you pretty much live and dress like Jeff Bezos, snort cocaine off supermodels, and wipe your arse with $100 bills soaked with the tears of a ?unicorn?
does a scarecrow count as a supermodel?

you are probably going to be working 4 days out of 7 without a tech, 1 or 2 techs for the rest of the week, no overlap ever, difficult to get floater coverage.... so vacations will just be cashed out at the end of the year.

think long/hard before signing up

speaking from experience

Yes to #1 and #2, #3 optional

I believe this is the same district where the pharmacist died on the job. I grew up in this area and I’ve been hearing pharmacists have left en mass since that happened.

Its statewide, so yes I am sure that part of state is included, but word is entire Louisville area is short across multiple companies.

Apparently they are still hiring for this district, I’m thinking about signing up, I know someone that negotiated $65/hr she’s starting next month.

Brings the total rate just above 80 an hour. A little lower than I hoped but not bad! That 65/hr is suppose to be 75!

you are probably going to be working 4 days out of 7 without a tech, 1 or 2 techs for the rest of the week, no overlap ever, difficult to get floater coverage.... so vacations will just be cashed out at the end of the year.

think long/hard before signing up

speaking from experience
Tell us more! How tough are the DMs there? Where are these rph who quit going?