This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dunebugger12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Need more nonclinical volunteering and clinical exposure. You have the app of a grad school candidate.

Take a gap year, and also work on interview skills.
Thanks for the feedback. Would 400 hours of clinical exposure and 200 hours of non-clinical volunteering not be of adequacy?

Members don't see this ad :)
From your original list all your schools are appropriate.
Stanford
WashU
Columbia
Cornell - WL
University of Penn
U Mich
NYU
Vanderbilt
Pitt
Sinai
Case Western
Emory
Northwestern
Ohio State
Hofstra
Einstein
Dartmouth
UVA
Rochester
U Iowa - WL
SLU - WL

Western Mich
Sidney Kimmel
UCLA
UCSF - WL
UCSD
UCD
UCI
CUSM
Kaiser
USC Keck
However, as you already know from experience there is no guarantee for an interview at top 20 schools. You could add these schools:
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Cincinnati
Duke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
Illinois
U Chicago
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
I would be surprised if you are not accepted from a waitlist by late June.

From your original list all your schools are appropriate.
Stanford
WashU
Columbia
Cornell - WL
University of Penn
U Mich
NYU
Vanderbilt
Pitt
Sinai
Case Western
Emory
Northwestern
Ohio State
Hofstra
Einstein
Dartmouth
UVA
Rochester
U Iowa - WL
SLU - WL

Western Mich
Sidney Kimmel
UCLA
UCSF - WL
UCSD
UCD
UCI
CUSM
Kaiser
USC Keck
However, as you already know from experience there is no guarantee for an interview at top 20 schools. You could add these schools:
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Cincinnati
Duke
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
Illinois
U Chicago
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
I would be surprised if you are not accepted from a waitlist by late June.

Thanks for the reply! I will look into those newly added schools. Also, is there a specific reason you suggested Brown, Illinois, and Arizona? I thought Brown typically isn't suggested if you didn't go there for undergrad and the latter 2 having a heavy in-state bias?

Thanks for the reply! I will look into those newly added schools. Also, is there a specific reason you suggested Brown, Illinois, and Arizona? I thought Brown typically isn't suggested if you didn't go there for undergrad and the latter 2 having a heavy in-state bias?
Brown admits 85 non Brown undergraduate applicants through AMCAS. The Arizona schools seem to have a fair number from CA. Illinois admitted 57 non residents last year, 3 more than Iowa.

Brown admits 85 non Brown undergraduate applicants through AMCAS. The Arizona schools seem to have a fair number from CA. Illinois admitted 57 non residents last year, 3 more than Iowa.
Got it! Thanks for the detailed explanation. Appreciate all your help!