This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDriven07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be good to go, beware of secondary writing fatigue with this many schools. Consider cutting 5-10 (but if the $ is no object and you have time to write all day in July/Aug, go ahead.)

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to a similar about of schools and I'd echo the statement about writing fatigue. I started as early as possible and tried to prioritize prompts that were shared between schools (diversity, challenge, etc). Its hard to comment in detail about your list but it doesn't look too top heavy, in my opinion. You may consider adding some 'safer' schools depending on your field of interest. I also read a quote on here a while ago that I think is relevant - 'for MD/PhD admissions every school is a reach', so just keep that in mind and don't take it for granted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to a similar about of schools and I'd echo the statement about writing fatigue. I started as early as possible and tried to prioritize prompts that were shared between schools (diversity, challenge, etc). Its hard to comment in detail about your list but it doesn't look too top heavy, in my opinion. You may consider adding some 'safer' schools depending on your field of interest. I also read a quote on here a while ago that I think is relevant - 'for MD/PhD admissions every school is a reach', so just keep that in mind and don't take it for granted.
Is there a source where I could find the common secondary essay prompts? It may be worth my time to atleast prep some ideas or drafts to increase my efficiency during my application cycle.

You could just google the name of the school + 'secondaries' or 'mstp secondaries' or something similar and you'll get most of them. Some of them change year to year but you'll get a feel for what questions are common.

Reactions: 1 user