15 QR 23 AA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PRDDS2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the DAT today, and here are my scores:
PA: 19
QR: 15
RC: 23
BIO: 23
Gen Chem: 30
Orgo: 23
TS: 24
AA 23

Should I retake because of my low QR score? I have a 3.76 GPA and have pretty good extracurriculars (president of the Pre Dental Club at my school). Will Dental Schools not be able to look past my QR score, even though my other scores are pretty high?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would call a couple of schools just to check, but I'm willing to bet that you are more than fine! Your AA and TS are awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
The QR section is the least important section so you should be fine. Great scores in the other sections so congratulations.

12 QR checking in. You will be more than fine.

Reactions: 4 users
I'll take all the scores except QR plz :)). In my wildest dreams I'd steal all of feralis' scores and just do the math section myself and hope for a 30 xDD. A 23 AA is great though in all seriousness! Just make sure you're not below minimums. Studying for the DAT is so damn stressful no one wants to go through it twice... Well maybe I did but if I get a similar score I'll be salty at myself ;(

Nope, you're doomed. Retake.

kidding. You're fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Great scores!! With those numbers you're sure to land some great interviews.
Good luck!

You are absolutely fine.

QR and PAT are the two least important sections. You are given a little more slack with the QR section as opposed to the PAT. The lowest QR that received admissions) that I've heard) was 14, while the lowest PAT that received admissions was 15. Of course, these scores were coupled with a high AA and RC evaluation, which you clearly have on your records.

TLDR: You're fine!

No worries!! Double check your school list to be absolutely certain there aren't cutoff scores, because it could take a single filter to throw off your amazing AA/ other scores. In that case, I would contact said schools (if any) and get a direct answer. Apparently almost nobody cares about QR though, and people have gotten in with lower.