1st time 12/5/12 2nd time 11/7/13, what should I do stay or retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaybeDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much lost for words. I just got back my score for 9/18 with a 31. I have never even scored that low before on any practice test ever. I thought 12/5/12 was a hoax because I freaked out. I freaked out a little bit this past time on verbal because I got a passage that was extremely confusing to me.
I have a 3.71 GPA, all A's in pre-reqs, 400 hours clinical research, 500 hours of organic chemistry research, 100+ hours of volunteering in a hospital, 100+ hours of mentoring, president of a club, I'm a genetics instructor for a supplemental course at my university, and I was employed at a real person's job for about 2 years. I've been around the block and back. I graduated high school with a 2.2 GPA so it's safe to say that I missed the day where they taught us how to read maybe?

Is this score enough for a DO? Should I give it another shot? What should I do?

I'm pretty sure a 7 in verbal will get me an auto reject everywhere.

any thoughts would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty much lost for words. I just got back my score for 9/18 with a 31. I have never even scored that low before on any practice test ever. I thought 12/5/12 was a hoax because I freaked out. I freaked out a little bit this past time on verbal because I got a passage that was extremely confusing to me.
I have a 3.71 GPA, all A's in pre-reqs, 400 hours clinical research, 500 hours of organic chemistry research, 100+ hours of volunteering in a hospital, 100+ hours of mentoring, president of a club, I'm a genetics instructor for a supplemental course at my university, and I was employed at a real person's job for about 2 years. I've been around the block and back. I graduated high school with a 2.2 GPA so it's safe to say that I missed the day where they taught us how to read maybe?

Is this score enough for a DO? Should I give it another shot? What should I do?

I'm pretty sure a 7 in verbal will get me an auto reject everywhere.

any thoughts would be great.
i haven't applied yet but what i learn from all the time i spend on SDN (waaaay too much) i think you should be good for DO. you are well above average in your sciences sections and only 1 point below the VR average for DO schools according to this AACOMAS version of the MSAR found here
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Pages/default.aspx

it is a free download and gives you good info. only downside is that it doesn't give you GPA and MCAT acceptance ranges like the MSAR does so you will have to google every individual school. i've been researching MD schools too and some say their cutoff for each subscore is 8 but a lot of schools also say there is no strict cut off so you could try those. your EC's are also insane