2.59 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duplarara

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a bachelor of arts in Biology at a small christian school in 2009. (I know, its stupid). I ended up deciding to start from scratch with all my science courses. (at least most of them.) I went to a community college and took all of their science course. I am now 60 credits in with this community college and I have a gpa of 3.7.

I want to know what I can do to improve my overall gpa. I am considering just scrapping my first bachelors and going to another school to get another one. I know, it sounds crazy. Please help me out!

Members don't see this ad.

^
I graduated from that small christian school with a cumulative gpa of 2.59. Thats why I decided to start from scratch and went to that community college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. How can I continue to boost my gpa? I have a lot of shadowing, volonteer work, clinical hours experience. I'm just focusing on boosting my gpa.

Please help! Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Take as many science courses as you can and ace them. Even better, do a SMP, preferably one given by a medical school. Do well there and that's your back door into medical school.

Thanks for the response. How can I continue to boost my gpa? I have a lot of shadowing, volonteer work, clinical hours experience. I'm just focusing on boosting my gpa.

Please help! Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Whats an SMP? I tried googling it but there were a variety of answers.

Never mind. I just found it. Thank you so much. I was looking at the statistics and it seems like a better option.

Thanks you guys!