2 science LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braxswag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what is the course listing on your transcript for your research class?

our research classes were offered in each science department so if I did a Biology research project, it'd be listed as BI365 or whatever and if it was chemistry it would be CH365.

if he is the professor listed for your research course and it is listed as BI, CH, etc then you'll probably be fine.

technically most of them (that I can remember) ask for a letter from a science faculty member... not sure if they make the distinction it needs to be someone with whom you took a class or not.

I would consider a PI that you worked under, but who is a science-subject professor, a science LOR. Honestly, the requirements are typically guidelines. In general, you want the best LORs that you can get, as long as one of them is a professional scientist, and at least one of them can comment on your professional work ethic, etc., not just how nice of a kid you are or that you got an A in their class. I sent in four LORs, one from a volunteer coordinator, one from an MD (probably useless, but I have a lot of respect for the guy), and two from PIs who I also happened to take classes from. But I am certain that their letters didn't talk about my class performance. The relationship and how well they know you is what's important.