2 years before MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Feelgood Inc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start studying for the MCAT which I plan to take in 2017. The reason is that I am currently on a medical leave of absence from my university and still have too much free time after doing research, shadowing, dancing, and... chilling with friends

Currently I've completed the following pre-reqs (have completed 2 years worth of credits in university)

Biology 2 semesters
Chemistry 1 "semester" (was one of the classes I was taking before withdrawing for the semester)
Physics 1 "semester" (see above)
Sociology
Psychology (see Chem)
Still haven't taken Orgo.

I think that reviewing Chem, Physics, and the social sciences should be fine since I have prior collegiate exposure to these topics and will be taking these courses next Fall semester anyway. I'll hold off Biology and Orgo until next year.

I am about to take my first MCAT practice test in... like 5 minutes (Kaplan online) to see where I stand.

Should I modify this plan or does it sound good for my situation?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a poor idea to take a practice MCAT exam 2 years before your exam without having taken Chem, Physics, Psych, Biochem, or Orgo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users