2007-08 Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hitemup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will get this thread started since I got an invite already. I submitted about a day and a half ago and heard from one place so far, Sinai Hospital in Baltimore. Anyone else hear anything yet? Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invitation from Driscoll Children's Hospital. Corpus Christi, Texas. How should I answer the e-mail with the invitation? just "Thanks"?, because I am thinking about the date for the interview, I do not know yet, they gave me from Sept to mid Jan to schedule, but still I am waiting for the responses from the other places. If anybody knows how does this work, please I'd really appreciate the help with this issue.:thumbup:

I got an invitation from Driscoll Children's Hospital. Corpus Christi, Texas. How should I answer the e-mail with the invitation? just "Thanks"?, because I am thinking about the date for the interview, I do not know yet, they gave me from Sept to mid Jan to schedule, but still I am waiting for the responses from the other places. If anybody knows how does this work, please I'd really appreciate the help with this issue.:thumbup:

Go ahead and schedule it. You can always change the date or cancel. It's best to get a slot and not worry.

Utsw (9/5)
Unm (9/6)

Thanks Zeke MD I scheduled it for mid Oct.:)

UTMB (I'm assuming the Galveston program)

St. Barnabas in NYC

sigh. no interviews for me yet :-/

MCW, my first.
baylor will consider once my transcript is released, which my school wont do :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoo!! First ones

MCoW
Iowa

And the monkey is off my back now :)

University of Maryland (9/12)
Sinai Hospital in Baltimore (9/6)

Wash U-St. Louis Children's (9/10)

VCU (9/13)
Children's Hospital of Akron (9/10)
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore (9/6)

Has anyone heard anything from the more competitive programs? Some of them haven't downloaded my application, and I'm wondering if they wait until the Dean's letters are done before reviewing the application.

Has anyone heard anything from the more competitive programs? Some of them haven't downloaded my application, and I'm wondering if they wait until the Dean's letters are done before reviewing the application.

I doubt many programs wait until the deans letter is released to begin reviewing. Many programs have set dates that they begin reviewing. Each program is different.

Applied to 25 Peds programs (comm and univ based). 2 offers so far:

Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Cooper University Hospital

mine so far...

UTMB - Galveston 9/12
Mayo 9/12
U of New Mexico 9/11
Wash U St. Louis 9/11

applied on 9/7 to a very wide range of places, nobody has my MSPE or my LORs yet.

good luck to everyone!

UVA-9/10 (pays for hotel)
Univ of MD 9/12 (unsure about hotel)
VCU-9/13 (pays for one night hotel stay) Is it weird to request all of your credit card information for a hotel through the school?

I applied on the 6th and have all but one letter of rec and the dean's letter

USC/Palmetto Health (9/11)
Medical College of GA (9/11)
Carolinas Medical Center (9/12)

Like jmuame03, my Dean's letter and one letter of recommendation are still missing...

Applied 9/3 to a bunch and wide range b/c of couples match.

Albert Einstein (Jacobi) 9/6
Carolinas 9/7
Richmond Univ Medical Center, Staten Island 9/12
Stroger Hosp Cook County 9/14

Anyone here from cali programs? Good luck everyone!

Thanks for posting everyone. Thanks to this site I went and looked in my "trash" email only to find two of my interviews there. Why don't programs send messages through eras? I would recommend checking your bulk mail if one of the schools listed so far didn't show up in your email.

Applied 9/3 to a bunch and wide range b/c of couples match.

Albert Einstein (Jacobi) 9/6
Carolinas 9/7
Richmond Univ Medical Center, Staten Island 9/12
Stroger Hosp Cook County 9/14

Anyone here from cali programs? Good luck everyone!

No Cali programs on my end....if I remember correctly, last year they were some of the last to offer interviews. USC was the first, and that wasn't even until 9/19. Maybe they have given interviews, but I also don't have two LORs or a school transcript in yet. I think my school is trying to hurt us, they're just sitting on our third year grades. Anyway. I'll definitely post if I hear something!!

No Cali programs on my end....if I remember correctly, last year they were some of the last to offer interviews. USC was the first, and that wasn't even until 9/19. Maybe they have given interviews, but I also don't have two LORs or a school transcript in yet. I think my school is trying to hurt us, they're just sitting on our third year grades. Anyway. I'll definitely post if I hear something!!

No word from Cali programs here either, but mine isn't complete either. In fact, UCSF is the only one of 5 Cali programs that have downloaded my application so far. Stanford's and UCSD's websites say that they won't invite people for interviews until November.

No word from Cali programs here either, but mine isn't complete either. In fact, UCSF is the only one of 5 Cali programs that have downloaded my application so far. Stanford's and UCSD's websites say that they won't invite people for interviews until November.

Really....that's good to know!! Then I won't take offense to them not downloading my apps!! Every program in Cali has downloaded mine except for for a few, most of which I now know to be prone to waiting longer than most. I remember reading in past forums that UCLA doesn't offer interviews until after MSPEs are released either. Fun times....wish I could stop checking my email every five minutes though!!

UVA-9/10 (pays for hotel)
Univ of MD 9/12 (unsure about hotel)
VCU-9/13 (pays for one night hotel stay) Is it weird to request all of your credit card information for a hotel through the school?

I applied on the 6th and have all but one letter of rec and the dean's letter

My guess is that it is their way of holding you accountable for anything but the cost of the room for the night. They'll probably set it up so that any room-service, mini-bar, TV movie, etc charges will go on your credit card. They'll pay for the room and taxes.

Wow, today was a good day for me....interviews from CHOP, Boston Childrens, Hopkins, and Columbia! :rolleyes:

That's surprising given that CHOP sent out and email saying they weren't going to review applications until the week of the 24th.

Also, it's weird that programs are sending out interview invitations on a Saturday...

That's surprising given that CHOP sent out and email saying they weren't going to review applications until the week of the 24th.

Also, it's weird that programs are sending out interview invitations on a Saturday...

;)

Zeke how is Univ of Rochester? Would you stay there for residency?

Zeke how is Univ of Rochester? Would you stay there for residency?

I love it here. The school is AMAZING....Rochester is OK. I'm applying here and will consider staying here, however I am tempted to explore other places.

University of Michigan (9/17)

This one is for real :D

Einstein- Montefiore (9/17)

Georgetown (9/17)

UNM - 9/6
Wash U - 9/17

Still waiting for my school to post transcripts!

georgetown today!

A running list:

U Michigan
Iowa
MCW
Loyola - Chicago

Univ. of South Florida - 9/18

INOVA Fairfax (9/18)

Inova here too! (9/18)