2007 Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCKS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, its that time again. Anyone getting any bites?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet, does anyone know when the first ones came out last year. Like the emails? And when were the actual dates?

Good Luck everyone. Its game time!!:D

Go to orthogate.com and do a search. They have this info going back several years. I think the thread is called interviews 200-whatever year you want to see. Mid october seemed to be the common date for interview invites to start, with the majority coming nov-dec ish. Also, many programs never notify you one way or the other (don't you just love that). For specific interview dates you will just have to look at the threads, unless someone is willing to compile that info for the rest of us :) .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I am currently an MSIII who is mostly sure on Ortho as a career. My dilemma is that I REALLY, REALLY want to be in california for residency, but I don't know how competitive I will be for interviews.

My step 1 score was a 233 and I currently attend Univ Chicago. I don't have any ortho research experience but I am planning on taking a year off to do this.

I've heard LA ortho programs have step 1 cutoffs ~240--do I have a shot? Also, would it help to do my yr of research with some ortho guys in LA? Any input from residents/students familiar with the crazy california match would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Anyone else getting frustrated from listening to their buddies applying to IM, gen surg, etc. listing off their dozens of interviews already? No bites for me yet. It's true, the waiting is the hardest part. Hopefully the invitations start coming soon.

Anyone else getting frustrated from listening to their buddies applying to IM, gen surg, etc. listing off their dozens of interviews already? No bites for me yet. It's true, the waiting is the hardest part. Hopefully the invitations start coming soon.

Don't know if everyone's program is like this, but the secretary from mine said she downloads applications every day, but doesn't look at them. She said they probably won't look at them until most of the applicants have all of their letters in (she said as of mid last week, only 1/3 of the 300 applicants so far had everything in). She told me its not uncommon to wait a while (october/november) before interview invites come in, so I'm not too worried...yet.

sscooterguy

I hear that

U of I Chicago baby Nov 29

Since Orthogate is down 95% of the time, I thought we should continue here.

Offered from Medical College of Wisconsin on Wed Nov 22 for:

Jan 5th
Jan 12th

WISC-ite