*** 2008-2009 Secondary Application Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has someone started a waitlist thread yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that this thread has a hundred and four thousand views...

:eek::eek::eek:

No wonder people keep recognizing me at all my interviews!

I've already submitted my secondary applications, but I am now doing research work that I would like to mention. Is it possible to add this information, and how can I do it? Thanks in advance.

I've already submitted my secondary applications, but I am now doing research work that I would like to mention. Is it possible to add this information, and how can I do it? Thanks in advance.

email the admissions directors or deans or the general email for admissions.

Has anyone compiled an updated version of the list of LOR requirements for each school? From a quick glance, it seems at least some schools have changed their requirements from 2005.

I have searched and searched, but I can't seem to find it.......is there a 'Secondary Reader' thread? One where we can help each other with secondaries, similiar to the 'Personal Statement Reader' thread..............if not, can we start one?:D

I have searched and searched, but I can't seem to find it.......is there a 'Secondary Reader' thread? One where we can help each other with secondaries, similiar to the 'Personal Statement Reader' thread..............if not, can we start one?:D

Nope. IIRC, there isn't one for secondaries.

Would anyone be interested in starting one and making it a sticky?:thumbup:

I don't think it'd be that useful. You should just PM the ppl on the PS reader thread and ask them if they'd be willing to read your secondary essay.

Three of my family members attended Wayne State. Two of my uncles on my mother's side went their for medical school, and my father did his residency and fellowship in oncology there. Unlike many secondary apps, Wayne State does not have a section for family alumni information.

Should I send admissions an email alerting them about this family connection? Would it be better to try to work in my three family members into the secondary prompts, as to part of my motivation for wanting to attend Wayne State?

Is there any way that I can alert Wayne State about the family alumni, without coming off opportunistic? I feel like have family alumni should be an asset to me (as it is for other applicants at other schools), especially b/c I'm an OOS applicant.

Should I have my uncles write a letter to Wayne State, informing them about my candidacy? The reason I ask, is because unless I can tell Wayne State about my two uncles (since they have a different last name), they won't know about them.

Thanks.

MDapp

Status
Not open for further replies.