2009-2010 Admission timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panopto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello preoptos! I look forward to good discussions for this application season. :thumbup:

I am interested in UCBSO and SUNY. Now, considering that UCBSO admissions deadline is December while SUNY is rolling admissions, I don't want to apply too early to SUNY. i.e. I may get into SUNY before the new year and be forced to make a decision before I hear from UCBSO.

So I was wondering what the typical timeline for SUNY and UCBSO admissions is. Let's say I am admitted after the first round of interviews at SUNY. When would that approximately be and how long can I sit on the decision? When does Berkeley notify their applicants?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless, do SUNY as soon as possible, pay the deposit if you get accepted.
Do Berkeley.
If you get both schools, choose the one you want.

Berkeley you hear back in mid march. Also do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Hello preoptos! I look forward to good discussions for this application season. :thumbup:

I am interested in UCBSO and SUNY. Now, considering that UCBSO admissions deadline is December while SUNY is rolling admissions, I don't want to apply too early to SUNY. i.e. I may get into SUNY before the new year and be forced to make a decision before I hear from UCBSO.

So I was wondering what the typical timeline for SUNY and UCBSO admissions is. Let's say I am admitted after the first round of interviews at SUNY. When would that approximately be and how long can I sit on the decision? When does Berkeley notify their applicants?

Thanks in advance!

You can always withdraw from the school later on in the application cycle. You might not get the full deposit back (from $500-1000), but it's worth it to secure the seat instead of risking your status by applying too late.