2009-2010 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how friendly Colorado would be to a 21-year old applying OOS from Wisconsin?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how friendly Colorado would be to a 21-year old applying OOS from Wisconsin?

I know that Colorado tends to like non-trads...but that doesn't mean you can't get in. As for OOS, YOU might be the one that's not so friendly toward the $80 grand a year tuition that you would have to pay, but it's always worth a shot!

Has anyone heard anything on financial aid yet? I just want to know what we are getting so I can start planning! It's getting so late!

Accepted earlier this week from the Alt 2 list...

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
They must have really shortened their lists this year! Last year only one person made it off the alt2 list. Congrats to those who made it.

Accepted last week off the Alt1 OOS list. Really exciting since I thought most of the movement was probably over. Don't give up hope if you are on a waitlist somewhere.

I know this has been brought up before, but does anyone have local knowledge in terms of places to live. I would like to be within biking distance.

Accepted last week off the Alt1 OOS list. Really exciting since I thought most of the movement was probably over. Don't give up hope if you are on a waitlist somewhere.

I know this has been brought up before, but does anyone have local knowledge in terms of places to live. I would like to be within biking distance.

Congratulations! If I were you I would start by looking at the accepted students website. There is a link to the ms1 handbook or whatever it's called and in it there is a little section that has a quick overview of places to live. It's not the best but it's a start!

Hey, has anybody heard anything regarding financial aid? I got the little yellow postcard and have logged into the portal but there's nothing there yet.

Hey, has anybody heard anything regarding financial aid? I got the little yellow postcard and have logged into the portal but there's nothing there yet.

Actually it just came out I think! At least mine did...I just got the email within the last hour and its updated! Did you recently get accepted? It might take longer for you guys I would guess?

Actually it just came out I think! At least mine did...I just got the email within the last hour and its updated! Did you recently get accepted? It might take longer for you guys I would guess?

Actually I got mine today too. Loans, loans and more loans! Oh well, kind of what I expected.

Did you get a post card and e-mail about your login information for the portal? I haven't received either, but was only accepted a month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a post card and e-mail about your login information for the portal? I haven't received either, but was only accepted a month ago.

I think we are on a similar timeline; my acceptance came through May 21. I did receive a yellow post card but never received the email about login information. I'm currently a university employee though and when I tried to use my employee login ID, that actually worked and I was able to access my financial aid info. If you haven't heard anything yet, you might want to call and see what's up.

I think we are on a similar timeline; my acceptance came through May 21. I did receive a yellow post card but never received the email about login information. I'm currently a university employee though and when I tried to use my employee login ID, that actually worked and I was able to access my financial aid info. If you haven't heard anything yet, you might want to call and see what's up.

Thank you for the help! I was an employee too and couldn't get in. I tried to use my username and password that I use to log into my faculty e-mail. It worked for the e-mail, but not the portal login. Ugh, I guess I just have to wait longer to see that it's all loans and no grants or scholarships.

Thank you for the help! I was an employee too and couldn't get in. I tried to use my username and password that I use to log into my faculty e-mail. It worked for the e-mail, but not the portal login. Ugh, I guess I just have to wait longer to see that it's all loans and no grants or scholarships.

Haha, you can count on it! It's kind of like taking out a mortgage but not getting a house to live in.

So I got the financial aid email and postcard directing me to the school portal. However, I didn't receive a User ID or password. I called the Admissions Office and they told me that I could get said User ID and password on the website that I was directed to by the yelllow postcard.

Can someone who has gotten their User ID/password tell me how they got it. I feel like this is an elaborate test set up by the school to see if I am actually worthy of acceptance.

Thanks in advance.

So I got the financial aid email and postcard directing me to the school portal. However, I didn't receive a User ID or password. I called the Admissions Office and they told me that I could get said User ID and password on the website that I was directed to by the yelllow postcard.

Can someone who has gotten their User ID/password tell me how they got it. I feel like this is an elaborate test set up by the school to see if I am actually worthy of acceptance.

Thanks in advance.

It is sorta complicated! Your username should be your last name plus the first letter of your last name. The initial password was something strange, but I remember that the HSC library website had the formula for figuring out your first password on it. Hope that helps!

It is sorta complicated! Your username should be your last name plus the first letter of your last name. The initial password was something strange, but I remember that the HSC library website had the formula for figuring out your first password on it. Hope that helps!

Thanks crazycab. It seems that they haven't yet processed my desposit/paperwork. So I was using the right credentials, but they weren't in the system yet. Getting nervous about this since we are only two weeks away from orientation. Has anyone had to prove income (via financial aid) to secure a place to live?

Thanks crazycab. It seems that they haven't yet processed my desposit/paperwork. So I was using the right credentials, but they weren't in the system yet. Getting nervous about this since we are only two weeks away from orientation. Has anyone had to prove income (via financial aid) to secure a place to live?

I needed my financial aid info, but they let me use the estimated award letter that the financial aid office had sent to us a while back. I'm not sure if you ever got one of those, but there is also the cost of attendance breakdown (http://www.ucdenver.edu/student-ser...t/Pages/ResidentStudentsSchoolofMedicine.aspx) that shows how much they give us for living expenses. I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but you might also be able to use a cosigner for your lease, in which case the financial aid stuff probably won't matter.

Congratulations to those of you just starting! Hoping I'm just a year behind you!:xf:

Quick question: Does CU recommend/require purchase of a specific laptop computer?

Thanks

Congratulations to those of you just starting! Hoping I'm just a year behind you!:xf:

Quick question: Does CU recommend/require purchase of a specific laptop computer?

Thanks

No. But, there was a list of technological requirements that used to be on the old website. Any modern Windows machine would meet those requirements. They recommend a Windows computer because they support staff is more comfortable servicing Windows machines. You will want to make sure that you have something that can run Power Point and Word, regardless.

Which means that in the off chance you want to try to use Linux with OpenOffice , your powerpoints and word docs are going to look like poo and your life is probably going to be more difficult.

You can get along fine with a mac. Many (most?) of my classmates do. There is a small caveat that the streamed lectures are slightly more painful to access but it's not really a big deal.

Edit:
Also, you're going to want to post here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10031500#post10031500
This thread is for the 09/10 app year and is probably going to close soon.

Thanks Zen... I'm planning to buy a new laptop (PC) and didn't want to buy anything now if the school required a certain brand/model to qualify for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.