2010-2011 NEOUCOM Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

For any and all who have any insight or just advice, I'd really appreciate it!

I was accepted to both NEOUCOM and just recently, Utoledo. I was all ready and excited to attend NEOUCOM but then got off the waitlist at Utoledo, which I really wasn't expecting. Now i'm not sure what to do....

Advice? Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would go to Utoledo. At NEOUCOM you would be joining a group of students most of whom are in the 6 year program. At Utoledo the entire class starts med school together, so you are not an "add-on".

Hey there,

For any and all who have any insight or just advice, I'd really appreciate it!

I was accepted to both NEOUCOM and just recently, Utoledo. I was all ready and excited to attend NEOUCOM but then got off the waitlist at Utoledo, which I really wasn't expecting. Now i'm not sure what to do....

Advice? Anyone?

Personally I believe Toledo is a little better of a school. But NEOUCOM maybe better if you would prefer primary care or family medicine. Either way they're both great schools. I'm WL'd at both and would choose UT, but that because I have family out there. I think both schools would provide the same excellent education.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted from or heard anything about the waitlist recently?

Hey guy! Congrats on everyone that has been accepted to Neoucom for the Class of 2015. I am a BS/MD student that will be an M1 next year. I will be living in a 3 bedroom condo in Marsh Creek in Rootstown which is 5 minutes from Neoucom. I am looking for 1 female roommate for next year. The rent is $400 + utilities. I already have another roommate but we need one more person to occupy the third room. Let me know if anyones interested!

Got the call today that I was accepted off the waitlist! I was in the top section and I interviewed the 1st week of January. So excited!

I am considering applying to NEOUCOM this cycle, but have reservations. I have received a couple opinions and just want to get a few more before I make my decision. My situation is this:

I have a 3.8 science GPA, 3.9 overall. I have 30 shadowing hours, worked as youth drug counselor, worked as personal trainer, worked as ABA therapist for autistic children, volunteer 1 year with Big Brother Big Sister, volunteer 100 hospital hours, and volunteered 1 semester in psychology cognition lab. My degree is in psychology and when I decided to pursue medicine I completed all of my prereqs in one year 2010-2011 including the MCAT. By blazing through everything, I did not study enough for the MCAT and ended up with a 25: 7 PS, 9 VR, 9 BS. I am retaking next February and will be studying much harder.

Because I will be 26 this year, I would prefer not to wait another cycle to get into medical school. I am considering sending an application to Neoucom and maybe a few other schools that have lower mcat ranges.

1. Do I even have a shot putting my application into Neoucom given my MCAT score?
2.Could my EQ's and GPA make the difference?
3. If I should apply, do I do Early Decision or Regular? Does it matter?

Has anyone else who was on the waitlist heard from admissions??
Anyone in the "middle" group?

Yes, I was in the "middle" group and got called by admissions last week.

Congrats! Will you be joining? How long do you have to respond?

I'm currently still on the waitlist too in the middle section.
I really, really want to go to neoucom!!! It has been quite a long wait since interviews...which brings me to:
To those who currently have offers, please please respond ASAP as some people (myself) really want to have a shot at going. If you know what you want (either way) please respond so that others can also find out either way if we have even the slightest chance of being accepted or not. I am sure I speak for others too when I say that this wait is getting out of hand.

Thanks and God bless!

I am also on the middle of the waitlist and have yet to hear when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed feb 22, i wish we knew where we were on the waitlist.

I also interviewed late February. I don't really know how long they give you to respond because I just said I would take the seat when they called. Does anyone have a room to rent or is anyone looking to rent a place with other students?

Last edited:
Did they tell you where you were on the middle of the list?

Don't they have orientation soon? And need incoming students to be there by aug 15?

Just got the call today!!!!!! Extremely excited!

Accepted today also! Got the call this morning. Waitlist is still moving...

Congrats!! Do you know how many spots are left? When do you have to start / be there by?

Thanks! I was told that orientation is august 15th, but classes don't start until August 29th so there is still time!

I just hope there's at least one more spot ...for me!!!!!

Anyone know if the class is full or if more offers will be made??

Status
Not open for further replies.