2010-2011 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there has been a few movements recently.. just not here I guess... +pity+

Did you hear that from admissions, or are you just inferring? Either way, this really is tragic lol. I can't believe there's been next to no movement on sdn since May 15th... Last year so many more people got in from here. I just don't get it...

there was consistent movement on the waitlist in the previous weeks so dont give up hope! I was pulled off a few weeks back and didnt have the time to post due to the pre-medical school prep like loans/health/housing etc so dont expect there to be a correlation between waitlist movement and sdn posts

Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke to Pat in admissions, she said she really doesn't think any more spots will open up between now and the start of class :( sigh...*runs to a corner to cry*

When I spoke to admissions rep 2 days ago, she said "you never know what could happen.. so don't lose hope.." I'm going to listen to her.. I really need that optimism.:luck:

When I spoke to admissions rep 2 days ago, she said "you never know what could happen.. so don't lose hope.." I'm going to listen to her.. I really need that optimism.:luck:

I am also hoping we have a chance off of the waitlist this year :) When is the last day we can hear? Let's all stay positive maybe there's still a chance.

last year someone from our class was accepted the day before orientation started (Aug. 9!) This person is now a rising second year :)

so it's not over yet. people not yet admitted should certainly be pursuing their Plan B at this point, though....

last year someone from our class was accepted the day before orientation started (Aug. 9!) This person is now a rising second year :)

so it's not over yet. people not yet admitted should certainly be pursuing their Plan B at this point, though....

Really??? That's some good news! If I got accepted on that day it would be the happiest day of my life :)! It would be the best birthday present in the world! But, i already started plan B with reapplying and addressing my application weakness. Thanks for your post :) I wish all the waitlisteds would get accepted this year. I am sending positive energy to all of us because I understand how stressful it is for everyone :)

Hey guys,

I got into UVM today!!! You have no idea how excited I am. This was my first acceptance! I hope that more of you get in over the next few days. Don't lose hope!

Congrats! Were you on the out of state waitlist or the Vermont Waitlist? That's awesome! Hope to be joining you guys next month...

Hey guys,

I got into UVM today!!! You have no idea how excited I am. This was my first acceptance! I hope that more of you get in over the next few days. Don't lose hope!

Hey guys,

CONGRATS!!! I can't even imagine how great you would be feeling right now... I HOPE I will be sharing that feeling soon.. :luck:

Hey! Sorry I meant to post more details, but I was in too much shock. I am an out of state resident from NY, but I did my undergrad at Middlebury. I was a psychology major and art history minor. My strengths include tons of medical research, publications, and over a thousand hours of voluteers work (mostly cuddling babies in the NICU and work abroad in Costa Rica). I did a postbaccalaureate pre-med program. I am a 25 year old female, non-traditional student. I wrote tons of letters about why I love UVM and a letter of intent. I called two days ago to reaffirm my interest and tell them that I was prepared to accept an offer at the last minute. They called to tell me this afternoon!!! Biggest thing keeping me out of medical school was my MCAT (28R). I'm happy to provide more info for your guys. Private message me or just ask. Please don't give up hope guys even if you have to reapply. I applied to 29 schools, got 4 interviews, and one acceptance today! Anything can happen!

12/20/2011 - Interview offer
2/22/2011 - Interview
3/26/2011 - Letter of Interest
5/9/2011 - Letter of Interest
5/17/2011 - Letter of Intent
5/31/2011 - Letter of Interest
7/29/2011 - Offer of Acceptance

I probably called about 5 times. I never called more than once every two weeks and I NEVER asked about the status of my application. I always called to share an update and reaffirm my interest. I called on 7/27/11 to tell them that I was still interested and was interested in a last minute spot. I told them that even if a student dropped out two days into orientation, I could be there the same day. I think it helped that I am not a plane ride away.

12/20/2011 - Interview offer
2/22/2011 - Interview
3/26/2011 - Letter of Interest
5/9/2011 - Letter of Interest
5/17/2011 - Letter of Intent
5/31/2011 - Letter of Interest
7/29/2011 - Offer of Acceptance

I probably called about 5 times. I never called more than once every two weeks and I NEVER asked about the status of my application. I always called to share an update and reaffirm my interest. I called on 7/27/11 to tell them that I was still interested and was interested in a last minute spot. I told them that even if a student dropped out two days into orientation, I could be there the same day. I think it helped that I am not a plane ride away.

Did you try to speak with a dean or did you just express your interest to whoever was manning the phone in the admissions office?

I just spoke to whoever answered the phone or I asked if there was someone available to discuss my application with me. I don't think I ever spoke to the dean before she called to accept me.

I just spoke to whoever answered the phone or I asked if there was someone available to discuss my application with me. I don't think I ever spoke to the dean before she called to accept me.

Cool, thanks.

In response to a private message:

I applied to:
1. Albany Medical College
2. Albert Einstein College of Medicine
3. Boston University School of Medicine
4. Columbia University College of Medicine
5. Dartmouth Medical School
6. Emory University School of Medicine
7. Florida State University
8. George Washington School of Medicine
9. Gerorgetown University School of Medicine
10. Hofstra University School of Medicine
11. Jefferson Medical College
12. Mount Sinai School of Medicine
13. New York Medical College
14. New York University
15. Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
16. SUNY Downstate
17. Stony Brook University School of Medicine
18. SUNY Buffalo
19. SUNY Upstate
20. Temple University School of Medicine
21. The University of Vermont College of Medicine
22. Tufts University School of Medicine
23. University of California San Francisco
24. University of Connecticut School of Medicine
25. University of Michigan Medical School
26. University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
27. University of Rochester School of Medicine
28. University of Virginia School of Medicine
28. Weill Cornell Medical College

Never heard back from the school at all:
1. New York Medical College

I got interviews from:

1. The University of Vermont
2. The University of Michigan
3. SUNY Downstate
4. Albert Einstein

Waitlisted by:
2. The University of Michigan (Middle Tier)
3. SUNY Downstate

Never Hear Back post-interview:
1. Albert Einstein

Accepted!!!

I'm going to pull myself off the waitlist from SUNY Downstate on Monday. I think it is pointless to pull myself off of the waitlist from UMich since school starts on Monday. I am definitely going to UVM. I have no interest in waiting to hear back from other schools.

Well kiddos looks like its officially over for us. Good luck to everyone in your future endevors! What is everyone's plan for this year?

... Re-apply, I guess... *sigh*

I applied 09-10cycle, and then this cycle... so it will be 3 consecutive tries... I feel so drained right now.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.