2010 applicant for OT in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JavOT10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to apply in august! Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat my plan is to get my observation hours in this summer. but i am also going to be applying to schools in other states.

well i actually have to take this course called practicum for my degree plan. and what it is pretty much interning for fourty hours a week for an entire month. so in june i will do that and those hours will count for my observation hours.

where all r u applying in texas? i want to state in state, but i have looked into a few schools in florida that look good.

Members don't see this ad :)
my degree plan requires a practicum as well but it is only 200 hours which averages out to about 16 hours a week. I will start next fall but i have not found a place yet. I am mostly just looking at twu and then a few schools in Chicago and then U of Minnesota.

oh ic. mine is pretty intense, only 4 weeks to complete 150 hrs!

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the applications for the Texas Schools would be available (for Fall 2010 enrollment, Summer 2010 for SA) ??? (TWU, UTMB, UTHSCSA)

thanks!

TWU is already open and the deadline is oct. 15. SA and UTMB do not open until Sep. 1 and UTPA is already open

I've applied at TWU and been keeping in touch with the staff to make sure everything is on time. I did find out that they interview their applicants the 1st Friday in Dec. (Dec. 4). I haven't heard anything about an interview yet either, however, I would assume they don't start contacting anyone until after the deadline?

I posted a thread yesterday about applying at TWU and wondered about other colleges to apply for. I know a lot are applying for other schools and I think I'm going to shoot for Belmont and MUSC...any advice/suggestions/comments? The only thing I need for other colleges is the GRE (yuck!). Needless to say, looks like I'll be taking the exam 1st of the year to increase my chances of getting in somewhere ;)

Anyone know what to expect in interviews? I was reading some posts that it can be 4 hours long!

im only applyting to school in texas. The only school I know that asks for the GRE is UT-El Paso, and I am not applying there.

Other schools to apply to in texas are UT Medical Branch at Galveston, UT Health Science Center -San Antonio, Ut Pan american in edinburg, and texas tech health science center.

i have heard each school is different when it comes to th interview. some want to know your knowledge of the field and others ask you questions about yourself and you feelings, a alot of that psychology crap, like how do you cope with issues in the work place, and what are your strengths and weaknesses.

hope this helps