2011-2012 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't heard anything from rush, i take it their interview season is over and i am rejected? Anyone know for sure?

+1

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from Rush, I take it their interview season is over and I am rejected? Anyone know for sure?

There are no more interviews scheduled, as far as I am aware.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

So I guess Rush does silent rejections huh?

anyone else tired of these silent rejections? I emailed Rush the other day asking a) are you done interviewing b) can I get some feedback on my app for why I wasn't granted an interview?

i paid you a decent amount of money to apply and waited over 9 months for a response, i really don't think it's that much to ask to know if I've been rejected and why. got a response saying they don't give any feedback because they get too many applications- puhlease. god damn im so tired of this process!

anyone else tired of these silent rejections? I emailed Rush the other day asking a) are you done interviewing b) can I get some feedback on my app for why I wasn't granted an interview?

i paid you a decent amount of money to apply and waited over 9 months for a response, i really don't think it's that much to ask to know if I've been rejected and why. got a response saying they don't give any feedback because they get too many applications- puhlease. god damn im so tired of this process!

I actually just got a rejection email this morning

Will be withdrawing from here on the May 15th deadline. Hope one of you guys pick up my acceptance. Best of luck with all your decisions!

I loved Chicago.

Will be withdrawing from here on the May 15th deadline. Hope one of you guys pick up my acceptance. Best of luck with all your decisions!

I loved Chicago.

Why are you waiting until May 15th if you're sure you won't be attending?

I did receive an email from Rush officially rejecting me pre-interview a few days ago. Guess it just takes them a while to get around to those they're not considering anymore

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I did receive an email from Rush officially rejecting me pre-interview a few days ago. Guess it just takes them a while to get around to those they're not considering anymore

I think getting that email will break my heart :(

EDIT: Just got it. Excuse me while I go cry.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Very classy of you. The medical profession will be highly benefited by your compassion and consideration of others.

Well since they aren't accepting off of the wait list between now and the May 15th deadline it doesn't really matter if I did it at this moment or last second. I suppose the least compassionate thing I could do would be to go to Rush just to spite you. But hey, I'm a compassionate guy.

I think getting that email will break my heart :(

EDIT: Just got it. Excuse me while I go cry.

weird, i never got any correspondence from them... nbd, it'll probably show up this week.

Hate to ask this again... but has anyone heard anything from financial aid yet?

Good luck to everyone! Last year's thread is here if you're getting antsy. :) I'll be starting at Rush in the fall--feel free to PM me with any questions.

Wow - I can't believe this was almost a year ago! Do I know as much as you did last May? I looked up to you so much! You had all the answers! And now I'm almost what you were...I have become the man I longed to be!

And so it is almost time for me to do what you did then, which is to offer my wisdom up to those who now wish to be me next year.

This has been a poem in paragraph form by jchap.

What are the chances of getting off the waitlist here?

Bump. Anyone know about the waitlist or will be declining their acceptance?

I withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

I withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Did you withdraw by email or phone? I'm planning on withdrawing tomorrow and I'm not sure what the best way is. Also do we get our deposit back?

Haven't heard anything yet. Are they even taking people this year??

Does anyone (current students maybe) know about living at Center Court?

Accepted! I got the call late on Friday afternoon. (Maybe their wait-list movement is just now beginning?)

Also got accepted Friday! Admissions said they only accepted a few on Friday, but looks like as long as there more movement more people can get off!

Best of luck!

Are any of you familiar with the neighborhoods?
I'm still on the fence about bringing my car to Chicago - I don't want to bring it if I can avoid it - , and I have a dog.
I'm thinking Wicker Park or the Ukranian Village, though I've heard that the Ukranian Village neighborhood might not be the safest.

Advice?
What areas should I avoid?
Thanks! See you in August!

I'm still on the fence about bringing my car to Chicago - I don't want to bring it if I can avoid it - , and I have a dog.
I'm thinking Wicker Park or the Ukranian Village, though I've heard that the Ukranian Village neighborhood might not be the safest.

Advice?
Avoid anything the pink or green line (CTA El) reaches. Otherwise, just use common sense practices to stay safe

Advice?

I have a dog as well and live in ukranian village and love it!!

Do you feel safe walking your dog at night? Walking through UV at night from school? I live in a city now, so I'm well aware of the "perils and dangers" of city living. I just dont want to plunk down cash on a place where I feel uneasy spending time or where my commute makes me nervous.
One of my friends also told me that UV was still in the process of being gentrified, but that was her opinion.
Do you have a car?

Hey so I know nothing about UV but if your question doesnt get answered here, try the fb group.

We're obnoxious and people are on it all the time so a reply would probably come pretty quickly.
(and by we I mean myself and jchap mostly haha):)

Ahh, thanks - I'm not an FB'er, but I also asked the office of admissions if they could put me in contact with a few current students. I am OOS and still have a lot of loose ends to tie up in my "before med school" life, which means that I'll basically be flying in for a weekend in mid July, maniacally searching for a place and then returning to Chicago for orientation!

Ahh, thanks - I'm not an FB'er, but I also asked the office of admissions if they could put me in contact with a few current students. I am OOS and still have a lot of loose ends to tie up in my "before med school" life, which means that I'll basically be flying in for a weekend in mid July, maniacally searching for a place and then returning to Chicago for orientation!

I would suggest making a Facebook for the soul purpose of finding roommates. We a document that people are using to find roommates and I found 3 within an hour of my post. We're also looking in UV and Wicker. Wicker is nicer in that it has more young people so it feels safer, but it actually has more crimes than UV related to thinks like robberies and car break ins. I think both are safe to live in, just DO NOT go too far west. I wouldn't go west of western ave, as your creeping on humboult park. About your car, it is nice for groceries but that is about it so no need in my opinion. See you next fall, and best of luck moving to Chicago. Its a great city!

I would suggest making a Facebook for the soul purpose of finding roommates. We a document that people are using to find roommates and I found 3 within an hour of my post. We're also looking in UV and Wicker. Wicker is nicer in that it has more young people so it feels safer, but it actually has more crimes than UV related to thinks like robberies and car break ins. I think both are safe to live in, just DO NOT go too far west. I wouldn't go west of western ave, as your creeping on humboult park. About your car, it is nice for groceries but that is about it so no need in my opinion. See you next fall, and best of luck moving to Chicago. Its a great city!

I'll be living solo, old(er) lady style, but thanks a ton for the geographic tips and car advice! I'm looking forward to a new city!:zip:

We also plan group activities on fb.
Sox game on August 10th for example. Pm me if you want to join. Someone is getting us discounted tickets

I'm not an FB'er, but I ...

...will now take the pill and become one as a sign of Rush 2016 solidarity! There are a lot of very functional, practical reasons to have an account, even if it's a secret one that you don't tell your friends about. You can even make your name NonTrad V, so it'll be just like being on here, except tons more relevant information and many (and faster) replies to your questions. With all due respect, this particular SDN thread is kind of a wasteland now, as most of us have migrated over to the fb group. I, for instance, randomly decided to stop by here today for the first time in weeks, whereas I check up on our facebook group 1-2 times per day.

Based on the other classes (current M1s, M2s, etc.), it seems like they're all using facebook as a convenient way to communicate, plan events, and share stay in the loop with classmates. Certainly moreso than their long-forgotten SDN class threads.

anyway, i'll step down from the soapbox now. just my two cents. obviously, i'll still like you even if you don't join fb. I just won't be able to "Like" you.

Zing!

...will now take the pill and become one as a sign of Rush 2016 solidarity! There are a lot of very functional, practical reasons to have an account, even if it's a secret one that you don't tell your friends about. You can even make your name NonTrad V, so it'll be just like being on here, except tons more relevant information and many (and faster) replies to your questions. With all due respect, this particular SDN thread is kind of a wasteland now, as most of us have migrated over to the fb group. I, for instance, randomly decided to stop by here today for the first time in weeks, whereas I check up on our facebook group 1-2 times per day.

Based on the other classes (current M1s, M2s, etc.), it seems like they're all using facebook as a convenient way to communicate, plan events, and share stay in the loop with classmates. Certainly moreso than their long-forgotten SDN class threads.

anyway, i'll step down from the soapbox now. just my two cents. obviously, i'll still like you even if you don't join fb. I just won't be able to "Like" you.

Zing!

Good Work

Ahhhh...to drink the kool aid or not to drink the kool aid......

Status
Not open for further replies.