2011-2012 Southern Illinois University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have an interview tomorrow (September 1st) with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

Maybe I will see some of you down there. Second interview...hopefully will go well. Definitely feel more relaxed for this one.

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!! I'm so excited! I just got my SIU interview email today! :soexcited:

Big brother saw all 3 of the interviewees today, and they had no idea!

It is kind of fun for us to try to guess which of the real people you people are. We don't get out much.

Big sister tried to guess too!!! Caesar didn't want me to go over and say hi though lest i embarrass him or something

Big bro and sis were too busy during my interview day :(

Big bro and sis were too busy during my interview day :(

I'm sure we saw you. Ya'll stick out like sore thumbs. I always want to run up and hug you all and say to stop worrying. Instead I just try to send good vibes your way or smile at you in the hall so you don't think SIU is full of freaks :smuggrin:

I'm sure we saw you. Ya'll stick out like sore thumbs. I always want to run up and hug you all and say to stop worrying. Instead I just try to send good vibes your way or smile at you in the hall so you don't think SIU is full of freaks :smuggrin:

And here I was hoping it was my snazzy suit that made me stick out... :laugh:

You guys do have the "friendly" down pretty well. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just completed a mock interview. Now that I'm confident for my interview with SIU next week, does anyone have any last minute tips?

Just completed a mock interview. Now that I'm confident for my interview with SIU next week, does anyone have any last minute tips?

Take advantage of the wealth of information that is your tour guide. In my experience, they will answer ANY question you have and it really helps you get a feel for what it will be like as a student there.

Interview invite today via e-mail! Primary submitted 7/22; Secondary received 8/31; Secondary submitted 8/31; Interview invite 9/7!!!!

congrats! Keep posting interview dates! I like to try to see if I can figure out who is who in person if I meet the interviewees on any given day.

Don't worry, I wouldn't (and legally can't) out you in real life, even if they DO know who I am on here.

congrats! Keep posting interview dates! I like to try to see if I can figure out who is who in person if I meet the interviewees on any given day.

Don't worry, I wouldn't (and legally can't) out you in real life, even if they DO know who I am on here.

I suppose I could have been more imaginative with my SDN name, I think it may give me away.

I interview this Friday the 9th! Anyone with me? SO excited!!

I interview this Friday the 9th! Anyone with me? SO excited!!

if some crazy comes up and tries to hug you, that's prob me. If you see some crazy being restrained, the one holding me back is Caesar. haha

Hahahaha! I hope I'm not the only one interviewing so it gives me away!

Not as bad as Red's, I am sure.

yea well, if i didn't know better, I'd say you were compensating for something...oh wait, I don't actually know better... haha :love:

Rats! Probably my Iowa picture/avatar giving it away....

I definitely know who red10 is........Caesar is a different story. Clearly, I was observing all the wrong things! :smuggrin:

I definitely know who red10 is........Caesar is a different story. Clearly, I was observing all the wrong things! :smuggrin:

I dunno if you actually met him but i know you saw him in the hospital...

I was placed on the supplemental waitlist for this school, anyone have any experience with this? Idk if i should send them a letter of update maybe?

I just returned home from my interview here and I have to say, I was really impressed. Everything went well and the interviews were very conversational. I got a good feel for the school, its curriculum and some of the other aspects. That being said, I'm pretty excited to hear back from the committee.

I received the first confirmation that my app was received on 8/16 but haven't heard anything since then. I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago so I know that may be working against me, but SIU was/is very high on my list. Would it be worthwhile to give the admissions office a call to ask about my application status and to try to subtly express my interest?

Last edited:
I received the first confirmation that my app was received on 8/16 but haven't heard anything since then. I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago so I know that may be working against me, but SIU was/is very high on my list. Would it be worthwhile to give the admissions office a call to ask about my application status and to try to subtly express my interest?
I don't know how much it would help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Is it necessary/should I send post-interview thank you letters/emails...? I know it kind of varies by school. Any opinions?

I think I did. It never hurts, plus they will remember you.

That is what I figured. What do you think is a better option, emails to specific interviewers, or letter to general office of admissions?

Are you simply sending an email or a hand-written note?

DVolle - I think I'm going to email my inteviewers, and type and mail a letter to the actual admissions office

I just found out today that my interview will be on October 6th. Anyone else?

I just sent thank you emails to my interviewers. Just curious, did I meet any of you guys during my interview day?

I just sent thank you emails to my interviewers. Just curious, did I meet any of you guys during my interview day?

I went home sick on your interview day :( so I didn't even get to try to pick you out haha

Just interviewed yesterday :) I absolutely loved the school. Everyone was friendly, and the interviews were pretty relaxed. It seems like a very tight knit community and a great environment for medical school. I can't wait for October! :luck:

Just interviewed yesterday :) I absolutely loved the school. Everyone was friendly, and the interviews were pretty relaxed. It seems like a very tight knit community and a great environment for medical school. I can't wait for October! :luck:

I saw you! and you saw me!

(Ceasar, I'm afraid we might be scaring people away by being so creepy...:whoa:)

Status
Not open for further replies.