2012-2013 AMCAS Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brobinson4392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have tried searching around the forum for an answer, but I have not found an exact answer.

I will be applying for MD admission this coming summer and fall. I plan on taking my MCAT during the month of March or April. The pre-medical committee at my undergrad institution will only meet with me after my MCAT scores have resulted and I have completed a PS and AMCAS application. This is my question - does the AMCAS application usually open in early May? I am trying to pin down the logistics of all this because I do not think the the committee interviews MD applicants after exams are completed (meaning no interviews after May 5) and I would have to wait until the fall semester for my interview which delays me in being able to submit my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I have tried searching around the forum for an answer, but I have not found an exact answer.

I will be applying for MD admission this coming summer and fall. I plan on taking my MCAT during the month of March or April. The pre-medical committee at my undergrad institution will only meet with me after my MCAT scores have resulted and I have completed a PS and AMCAS application. This is my question - does the AMCAS application usually open in early May? I am trying to pin down the logistics of all this because I do not think the the committee interviews MD applicants after exams are completed (meaning no interviews after May 5) and I would have to wait until the fall semester for my interview which delays me in being able to submit my application.

yes, this year it was May 5. It opens up about 3 weeks prior to the day of first submission.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=865592
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=823760

Committee letters are notorious for "holding applications up". Common misconception though - you can indeed submit your primary before all your letters are in. Those are usually considered part of the secondary.