2013-2014 Matriculation Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCaliBoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, it's getting close to that time of the year when we will have to narrow it down to one school. This would be a great thread to meet some potential classmates in our future schools. I guess i'll start.
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Write your name next to the school at which you were admitted.
6) Click "Post Reply".

School - User Name
University of California, Los Angeles- DrCaliBoy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a lurker...... but I'm going to be honest with this thread.

I understand it's intended to see if we're going to be future classmates (etc.) but it's a little bit pretentious. I'm not quite sure what the purpose of knowing where everyone's going/interviewed. I think if we focused more on preparing URM students for each phase (pre-med, med student and residency, etc) of the process it will be more insightful.

Members don't see this ad :)

I understand it's intended to see if we're going to be future classmates (etc.) but it's a little bit pretentious. I'm not quite sure what the purpose of knowing where everyone's going/interviewed. I think if we focused more on preparing URM students for each phase (pre-med, med student and residency, etc) of the process it will be more insightful.

Why would this be pretentious? So many of you on the SDN URM threads have done so well and have many wonderful options to choose from! Aren't you the least bit curious to know where the people you have been cheering on and supporting have chosen to go to in their final decision?

Reactions: 2 users
i agree with Selah. I've been rooting for many people here and I would really like to see where many of them end up. I'll post where I will be matriculating at the end of june :D.

Having people post interviews, acceptances, etc is good because it inspires future applicants such as myself. I don't see anything pretentious about this thread whatsoever.

The point of this thread was to see where our fellow URMs would be going and I have personally been following many people on the acceptance thread and I thought that it would awesome to finally know where everyone is going. Definitely wasn't trying to be pretentious, i'm sorry you feel that way.