2014-2015 Tulane MS in Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adg4403

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an acceptance to this program for the 2014-2015 class and I am 95% sure I will accept. Anyone currently in the program with any advice or things they wish they would have known when entering? Also, anyone else here received acceptance and planning on attending?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, do you have any idea where you are living yet?

Not yet. I think I read on previous threads that Mid-City or Uptown neighborhoods were popular. I'm probably going to head to New Orleans sometime mid-May or early June to find a place. Are you looking for a roommate?

I'm thinking about either Deming or somewhere Mid-City off Magazine.
Are you guys interested in a FB group?

I know one of the threads recommended Uptown because you will be close to the main campus (and everything that has to offer) plus it would be less expensive. But who knows, I just started looking.

I would definitely be interested in a FB group. I looked for one for this class but didn't find anything.

I sent in my deposit last week :)

I sent in my deposit last week too, thinking about living in Deming, really excited!:soexcited:

Just got accepted today! Anyone know how financial aid works for the program?

I got accepted yesterday as well. Anyone have any suggestions regarding housing options? I heard Deming isn't that great.

Don't live in Deming. Do not. You'll be unhappy. I say this literally sitting in Deming to type this post.

Most students live in mid-city or near St. Charles. Most places have a rent around $850/mn, and it's just a matter of how much you're going to get for the money. If you find a roommate you can easily get down to about $500/mn inclusive.

I know that my school (SPHTM) has a New and Incoming Students facebook page that a lot of people use to find roommates. Your program might have something similar.

Last edited:
I know one of the threads recommended Uptown because you will be close to the main campus (and everything that has to offer) plus it would be less expensive.

Lots of break-ins and robberies in that area. At one point last Fall I was getting 2-3 e-mails a week from security informing me about a student being robbed at gun/knifepoint going into their uptown apartment at night. Also an armed robbery of an armored bank truck. I honestly thought I was in South Africa for a moment.

Is it too late to apply? I mean, are most acceptances probably given out by now?

The deadline is stated to be May 30th. However, it is rolling admission. I got my admission letter 2-3 weeks after I submitted everything to the program.

I submitted on May 9th and received my decision May 23rd.

Don't live in Deming. Do not. You'll be unhappy. I say this literally sitting in Deming to type this post.

Most students live in mid-city or near St. Charles. Most places have a rent around $850/mn, and it's just a matter of how much you're going to get for the money. If you find a roommate you can easily get down to about $500/mn inclusive.

I know that my school (SPHTM) has a New and Incoming Students facebook page that a lot of people use to find roommates. Your program might have something similar.

I looked at the description for Deming. It doesn't seem attractive, but someone who has never been in New Orleans (and possibly only there for 1 year), is it a "good enough" place to live?

What are your reasons for it being a miserable place to live?

Hi, guys we (2xmedical students) are looking for a third roommate ASAP. Please PM if interested. $500/month, furnished, not including utilities

Hey everyone. I know you all are probably busy with your studies but if you could provide me with feedback, I would greatly appreciate it! I am currently a Postbac in Drexel's MSP program and am applying to Tulane for 2015 entry. How do you feel about the program so far (for those of you that matriculated)? How is the community within your program? Is it cutthroat? How are your classes? Pros? Cons?

For the application, how did you respond to the "why Tulane" question? In other words, how long was your response and what do you think I should pinpoint?

A little about me: I graduated with a BA in psychology and a cGPA of 3.5. I have six years of healthcare experience and an extensive resume/ECs. I will be finishing my certificate here in May. I did poorly on the GRE with a score of 298 and I will be taking the new MCAT in May. I want to have my application complete right after this semester is done, mostly because I am taking pharm now and am doing great. What are my chances?

Thank you!