2015 MCAT PRACTICE EXAM SCORES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uwbadgers4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just trying to get a sense of where I am in comparison to others. I've taken 3 kaplan ones and have an average of 125,125,126,124 for a total of 500 on the spot (not good) but I heard they are hard so I took the Princeton Demo test and got 122(!!), 126, 125, 128 for a 501. I took 2 next step exams and averaged right around a 504-507.

Im taking the april 17th test, how are you guys doing? Im aiming to get a 505 over above. How do the AAMC tests compare?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone needs to take the practice test scores from prep companies with a grain of salt. The passages and questions themselves are so often mismatched and unlike the real exam, it is no wonder that the scores aren't predictive. Rely only upon the AAMC tests for realistic input on where you stand until or unless a prep company starts nailing prediction. You now have two AAMC tests, plus your percentage correct on the question packs or new AAMC question banks. I know a person who maxed out at around 500 on Kaplan FLEs and got a 520 on the real thing, and another person who maxed out at the same 500-range on Kaplan FLEs, but got a 487.

Regarding one of the comments above, I can say for Altius that we do not ever purposely make any practice test harder just to scare you into buying something, but I know that does happen in this testprep industry and is one of the reasons we say it is "broken." We try to make them realistic, period. Our FLE scores from last cycle correlated very well with the real exam (high r-squared value), but were shifted down because they were more difficult overall than the real thing. We aren't planning to keep them "harder", we're looking at the data and working to make them as nearly identical to AAMC1 and AAMC2 as possible. We will, however, try to err slightly on the difficult side because it seems better to go into test day and think the real thing was "the same or slightly easier" than to feel like it was "more difficult."

I bought all the 2015 Kaplan books and read through those. As a psych major, I felt weakest about the biochem content and so went through every single Khan Academy biology video on 2x speed (I definitely recommend 2x). I started to go through the Khan Academy physics videos but decided they weren't worth the time. I went through the EK 101 book to become comfortable with CARS. With that siad, I spent most of my time taking as many FLs as I could and that was way more helpful than content review for sharpening my skills.

Thanks for posting. Are you talking about this EK book that you used for CARS?
Amazon product

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I was just trying to get a sense of where I am in comparison to others. I've taken 3 kaplan ones and have an average of 125,125,126,124 for a total of 500 on the spot (not good) but I heard they are hard so I took the Princeton Demo test and got 122(!!), 126, 125, 128 for a 501. I took 2 next step exams and averaged right around a 504-507.

Im taking the april 17th test, how are you guys doing? Im aiming to get a 505 over above. How do the AAMC tests compare?

I'm taking the april 23rd test. I took two kaplan tests and scored a 500 and 501
i then took the AAMC full length test (scored) and got a 515
just keep plugging at i'm sure you'll reach your goal :)

Reactions: 1 user
Took my MCAT February 3rd on the snow make up day, and here's how it went:

Diagnostic: 497
KAP1: 498
KAP2: 500
KAP3: 504
KAP4: 507
KAP5: 504
KAP6: 507
KAP 7: 508

I actually took all of the practice exams but my Kaplan account expired and didn't write the rest of them down, but I basically continued to get 507s and 508s continuously without ever breaking 508

AAMC Scored Practice

Chem/Phys- 127 CARS- 127 Bio/Biochem- 127 Psych/ Soc- 127 Total- 508

ACTUAL EXAM

Chem/Phys- 126 CARS- 131 Bio/Biochem- 128 Psych/ Soc- 130 Total- 515

I was very surprised with how good this score was, because I had never even broken 510 on any practice exam before my test. CARS and Psych/ Soc were super easy on the actual exam, way easier than Kaplan. Kap was very representative of chem/phys and bio/biochem, but be very very very conscious of time on chem/phys. If I had worked faster I would have scored better. Good luck and don't freak out!

Reactions: 1 users
Took my MCAT February 3rd on the snow make up day, and here's how it went:

Diagnostic: 497
KAP1: 498
KAP2: 500
KAP3: 504
KAP4: 507
KAP5: 504
KAP6: 507
KAP 7: 508

I actually took all of the practice exams but my Kaplan account expired and didn't write the rest of them down, but I basically continued to get 507s and 508s continuously without ever breaking 508

AAMC Scored Practice

Chem/Phys- 127 CARS- 127 Bio/Biochem- 127 Psych/ Soc- 127 Total- 508

ACTUAL EXAM

Chem/Phys- 126 CARS- 131 Bio/Biochem- 128 Psych/ Soc- 130 Total- 515

I was very surprised with how good this score was, because I had never even broken 510 on any practice exam before my test. CARS and Psych/ Soc were super easy on the actual exam, way easier than Kaplan. Kap was very representative of chem/phys and bio/biochem, but be very very very conscious of time on chem/phys. If I had worked faster I would have scored better. Good luck and don't freak out!

Hey, do you know, is it possible for me to lay hands on one of the kaplan full lengths without registering for a course? or even one of the TPR ones, Ive been taking nextstep, but im not sure how accurate they are.