2016 Nova Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I haven't. I don't think I am going to make it b
because my interview lasted hardly 15 minutes!!!

Members don't see this ad.

No I haven't. I don't think I am going to make it b
because my interview lasted hardly 15 minutes!!!
dont scare me.. Mine was even shorter than you.. did they ask you any pharmacy related things? or difficult que..

Ya they asked me about toxicity and if water is toxic? And LD50 of water!! I was so nervous!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya they asked me about toxicity and if water is toxic? And LD50 of water!! I was so nervous!!
oh well !! thats really much.. did you answer well.

They asked me what is toxicology and the all other questions about my research work, instruments and why I want to do Pharmacy... I dont really know how I answered but answers were long ...:laugh:...

So this was'nt the first time that you applied to this school. Right? Well I told the interviewer that I don't know the answer to LD50 of water. He asked to make a guess but I declined. He himself answered it then. I was told that it will take 20 days to know the outcome. They said the adcom is meeting either on 3rd or 11th. Not sure if that was true. I called the school and came to know from Brittany that interviewers were impressed with how the interviews went of all the candidates, and we should hear back from them pretty soon!!!

So this was'nt the first time that you applied to this school. Right? Well I told the interviewer that I don't know the answer to LD50 of water. He asked to make a guess but I declined. He himself answered it then. I was told that it will take 20 days to know the outcome. They said the adcom is meeting either on 3rd or 11th. Not sure if that was true. I called the school and came to know from Brittany that interviewers were impressed with how the interviews went of all the candidates, and we should hear back from them pretty soon!!!
U did right thing, They told me 4-6 weeks to get the call. I applied 2 years ago and in my 1st question I had to tell them that i applied and got rejected 1st time. then they asked me why I dont have PCAT etc? i said its not requirement. then they started asking me about research. it was more of conversation. they seemed impressed when I said I want to continue research can I do it in this Uni. they said I should contact the prof If i am interested but wait for acceptance letter... It is sad now I feel fool about it and scared too if they think I should do PhD for research and not pharm D.... I got admission in PhD too but I am waiting to hear back from NOVA 1st..

I have lost all my hopes. They went after my pcat score which is a very average score. I guess I'll try next year but I will have one more shot at western university this year.

I have lost all my hopes. They went after my pcat score which is a very average score. I guess I'll try next year but I will have one more shot at western university this year.
Its too early to loose hope yet.. Its been only less than 2 weeks.. and how come they said 11th to you, 11th is saturday. I dont think any of us yet got a call. I will wait one more week then call them. I feel you have a good chance. best luck:thumbup: This is my last time if I dont get it I am not applying again.

When was your interview? I had on 30th jan for international program. and dint get nothing yet.. The wait is killing me. CONGRATS!!!!!!

My interview was on Jan 27th. Thanks for the congrats and good luck to you!

@dhanesh
Don't be so worried. My interview wasn't the smoothest either... though it lasted 20mins, it felt like 10 haha... However, they did compliment my PCAT scores.

On the call Mrs. Lyda told me that the committee met last Friday (Feb 3rd).
Good luck to those awaiting responses!!!!

Well, best of luck for the outcome. I think my application as a whole is not too bad. Since my interview was awful, I don't think the application will matter.

Well, best of luck for the outcome. I think my application as a whole is not too bad. Since my interview was awful, I don't think the application will matter.
]
Lets hope for the best !! :xf::xf::xf::xf::confused::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

@juto just curious to know about your stats. My PCAT as I said earlier is a 74(chem 96, RC 24) with a 3.93 GPA. Also from whatever I have completed at the local community college I have a 3.87. A year and a half of tech experience and a summer of volunteering.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted as well. My interview was on 1/31 (morning) and I thought I bombed it.

@juto just curious to know about your stats. My PCAT as I said earlier is a 74(chem 96, RC 24) with a 3.93 GPA. Also from whatever I have completed at the local community college I have a 3.87. A year and a half of tech experience and a summer of volunteering.
hv you heard anything today dhanesh? I dint. I am calling them on Monday for sure.:scared::idea:

I sent them an email but no response. I think the invitations have been sent now.There is no point in trying to find out the outcome.

I sent them an email but no response. I think the invitations have been sent now.There is no point in trying to find out the outcome.
do you know they took any of us interviewed the same day? I think they didnt call international students yet. I will call on monday just sent an e-mail too.

Don't be discouraged if your interview didn't go very well at Nova. I thought mine didn't go very well but I still got accepted anyways. I interviewed on 01/18 and they called me on 02/10 with the good news. My stats were mediocre too so there is hope for everyone :)

Don't be discouraged if your interview didn't go very well at Nova. I thought mine didn't go very well but I still got accepted anyways. I interviewed on 01/18 and they called me on 02/10 with the good news. My stats were mediocre too so there is hope for everyone :)
Congrats!!!!

Did you apply for international or traditional PharmD?

remember to join the facebook group posted before if you have been accepted or if you have interest in being accepted. :)

Hello Everyone, to all the applicant who had interview, can you mention your GPA and PCAT scores please? i have a 3.6 gpa, have experience in pharmacy and a composite of 16 in PCAT. but i got a interview call from NSU? do i have any chance to get in or they r just wasting their time and mine? does the PCAT even matters?

Hello Everyone, to all the applicant who had interview, can you mention your GPA and PCAT scores please? i have a 3.6 gpa, have experience in pharmacy and a composite of 16 in PCAT. but i got a interview call from NSU? do i have any chance to get in or they r just wasting their time and mine? does the PCAT even matters?
have you applied for international or traditional Pharm D?
Cant give you feedback about interview. but if they called you they must be interested ... I am still waiting for decision for International Pharm D.. dont have PCAT but have GRE.
GPA bachelors in pharmacy- 3.74, Masters in P Chem - 3.56(till now), 1 yr QC chemist, 2and1/2 year pharmacy and one year Research and Teaching experience

Is anybody planning on taking prereqs during the summer (or know if we can?)? I still have to take Economics, Statistics and Ethics. I think the course code for Ethics is PHI2604, but I'm not sure if that's the course, or if I can even take it during the summer.

Thanks.

Accepted to the class of 2015(International PharmD). I am definitely attending this school. See you all in Fall.

Congrats to both of you! If I decide to go to Nova I will have to take Ethics this summer.

Do you know what courses satisfy the ethics requirement? I can't find that anywhere on the NOVA website. I think it's PHI2600 or (2604), but I'm not sure.

Do you know what courses satisfy the ethics requirement? I can't find that anywhere on the NOVA website. I think it's PHI2600 or (2604), but I'm not sure.

Not sure, I'd talk to Brittney about it to confirm which one(s) will count.

Can anyone tell me how many days it took you to get acceptance letter by e-mail or mail...... i dint get it yet by anyway.......

Can anyone tell me how many days it took you to get acceptance letter by e-mail or mail...... i dint get it yet by anyway.......

I got it in email the day after the phone call. The snail mail version took about a week.

Also, I've decided to decline my Nova acceptance to go to PBA instead. I hope this frees up a seat for someone else who really wants to go here. Good luck everyone.

I had an interview Feb. 7th at the palm beach campus has anyone with an interview that date heard anything back yet?

Does anyone has news from NOVA in Ponce, Puerto Rico?

I had an interview Feb. 7th at the palm beach campus has anyone with an interview that date heard anything back yet?

I had my interview at FEB 9, i still didnt hear back from them yet. my friend had it on Feb 7, he still didnt hear back too. i called Brittney and she said she will let us know by calling. the admission committee met on Feb 24, it takes additionally 1-2 weeks for the dean to look at it. got to wait for another 1-2 weeks. :scared:

when did you have ur interview?
I had on Jan 30th. They called me on 02/13. I called brittany and she said the same thing to me the same morning of 02/13 that the letters are with dean to sign and she will call us as soon as she gets them back that was 1:00pm and she called me at 2PM to let me know that I am accepted. Hope you are getting yr call soon. . best luck

I had on Jan 30th. They called me on 02/13. I called brittany and she said the same thing to me the same morning of 02/13 that the letters are with dean to sign and she will call us as soon as she gets them back that was 1:00pm and she called me at 2PM to let me know that I am accepted. Hope you are getting yr call soon. . best luck

hopefully. i hope it's a good news too. i am so nervous, and so stressed out. wish me luck.:scared:

good luck Rx2015.....if u had ur interview chances r they really like u....thats my personal opinion!!!