General 2017 Doctoral Public Health (PhD, DrPH, ScD) Admission Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope. Anyone heard from HSPH or JHU?

Nothing at all from JHU. Did you hear back from BUSPH after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Any one did interview with Johns Hopkins DrPh program (part-time)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing Johns Hopkins is not interviewing for the DrPH? The program starts in June; you would think someone would have received an interview invitation by now. Has anyone heard anything at all from that program? It's the only program I applied to where I have not heard a peep.

I had a friend who is doing Johns Hopkins DrPh (part-time) told me she did interview in Feb 2016. So, I assumed they will do interview this year too? Any one got interview invites from JPH?

They said they were likely extending acceptances after a March 1 admissions meeting? Did you hear anything?

I was told the same, but saw some acceptances posted so I was just curious.

Anybody got decisions from harvard drph? Based on previous years the decisions should really be out by now

Hi there! Applied to the DrPH programs at JHSPH, Harvard, UNC and UIC. Interviewed (teleconference) with 2 alumnae/faculty from UNC on 14-FEB. Checked JH's and Harvard's admissions portals today and both apps are still under review. No other info yet, unfortunately. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there! Applied to the DrPH programs at JHSPH, Harvard, UNC and UIC. Interviewed (teleconference) with 2 alumnae/faculty from UNC on 14-FEB. Checked JH's and Harvard's admissions portals today and both apps are still under review. No other info yet, unfortunately. :(
Another DrPH program I was accepted to is requesting intent to enroll by March 15, and my children's school deposits are due tomorrow for next year. I'm tempted to call and check on status at Harvard and Johns Hopkins, but am afraid that's against protocol. Does anyone have thoughts or advice on this? Harvard said decisions would be released mid-February....

Another DrPH program I was accepted to is requesting intent to enroll by March 15, and my children's school deposits are due tomorrow for next year. I'm tempted to call and check on status at Harvard and Johns Hopkins, but am afraid that's against protocol. Does anyone have thoughts or advice on this? Harvard said decisions would be released mid-February....
Hey, one of the schools I got accepted at requested decision by March 1st but I was able to contact them and say I'd need more time to compare offers (including financial stuff) so they extended it to March 31st.
It may be worth requesting an extension for the decision since you are already in. Congratulations and best of luck!

Hey, one of the schools I got accepted at requested decision by March 1st but I was able to contact them and say I'd need more time to compare offers (including financial stuff) so they extended it to March 31st.
It may be worth requesting an extension for the decision since you are already in. Congratulations and best of luck!

Congrats on the acceptance! I agree with the poster above. It's completely reasonable to request an extension so that you are able to compare offers between programs. I also think at this point it's 100% fair game to call Harvard and get an update on your status, especially because you interviewed. I know not all schools are the same, but at one of the places I interviewed, I was told that if I had received several offers from other schools before they released their decisions that I was free to contact them about my status.

As far as JHSPH goes, I have no idea. My guess is with their total radio silence they're probably starting to get a lot of calls regarding their admissions decisions. I certainly don't think it would hurt your chances to call and politely ask if they have any information for you or could at least give you an update on when you may be hearing a decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone apply to the DrPH program at Drexel or UT Houston? If you have you heard anything regarding acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptance! I agree with the poster above. It's completely reasonable to request an extension so that you are able to compare offers between programs. I also think at this point it's 100% fair game to call Harvard and get an update on your status, especially because you interviewed. I know not all schools are the same, but at one of the places I interviewed, I was told that if I had received several offers from other schools before they released their decisions that I was free to contact them about my status.

As far as JHSPH goes, I have no idea. My guess is with their total radio silence they're probably starting to get a lot of calls regarding their admissions decisions. I certainly don't think it would hurt your chances to call and politely ask if they have any information for you or could at least give you an update on when you may be hearing a decision.

I applied to the new DRPH Program at JHSPH as well. I also applied to the Epidemiology Ph.D. program at GW, the Environmental Health Ph.D. program at Univ. of Maryland, and the distance DrPH program at Univ of South Florida. I was rejected by GW and Maryland. I met someone from JHSPH serendipitously at a meeting and told him I'd applied to the program. He said he had no idea when the decisions would be made. I guess it's taking longer than normal because of it being a new program. That being said, if I were accepted to another program that needed a decision like, O0ooh said, I would let them know that you'd been accepted somewhere else and that you'd like to weigh all your options.

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia's Epidemiology PhD program?

Any one got decision from Harvard DrPh Admission office?

Got admitted at the Tufts University - DrPH. Tuition and stipend included.

Any luck with following up?

Any luck with following up?
HSPH says I'm "still under review". The odd thing is that my interviewer told me the admissions committee was meeting the afternoon of my interview. And that was over two weeks ago. I'm wondering if this is bad news?

HSPH says I'm "still under review". The odd thing is that my interviewer told me the admissions committee was meeting the afternoon of my interview. And that was over two weeks ago. I'm wondering if this is bad news?

Ugh hate that. I don't think it's necessarily bad news. Sounds like there was a delay and no one has heard back. Did you try calling them for an update on your status or when you'd hear back? I'm still waiting on BU, hoping they actually did meet on Wednesday (and that it doesn't mean bad news that I haven't heard yet...). Were you able to get a decision extension from your other school?

Ugh hate that. I don't think it's necessarily bad news. Sounds like there was a delay and no one has heard back. Did you try calling them for an update on your status or when you'd hear back? I'm still waiting on BU, hoping they actually did meet on Wednesday (and that it doesn't mean bad news that I haven't heard yet...). Were you able to get a decision extension from your other school?

Still no word from Hopkins for anyone?

Still no word from Hopkins for anyone?

Just got an email from JHSPH saying that the process is taking longer than expected and they hope to release decisions mid March.

Just got admitted to Harvard DrPH! Received an email an hour ago informing that a decision has been made and is available at my.harvard. No word on funding yet though

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else going crazy waiting to hear back from Columbia's Epidemiology program? I interviewed in early Feb and they said it should only be 1-2 more weeks before we found out and recently saw a post on grad cafe indicating that the program told them it would be another 2-3 weeks until decisions were released.

Accepted into DrPH at BU with partial funding!

Anyone heard anything from Columbia DrPH program?

I think people have been getting phD notifications from Columbia. No word on their DrPH yet, or maybe no one is reporting anything ?

I think people have been getting phD notifications from Columbia. No word on their DrPH yet, or maybe no one is reporting anything ?
I know they interviewed candidates early Feb, but haven't heard any feedback.