2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mr Taylor called back, accepted! Very surprised. I didn’t think I was going to make it off the waitlist here.
Wow! Congrats! In state?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
no phone call, no email.....doesn't look good for me.

Got the call, missed it, but got the acceptance email! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Nope nothing... no email or phone call and I’ve already checked my junk mail and voicemail :/
Thats odd, you should have gotten some sort of notice. This was the first committee meeting after your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats odd, you should have gotten some sort of notice. This was the first committee meeting after your interview?

Yes and I haven’t gotten any notice. I’m assuming that means I’m going to get a rejection letter in the mail in a few days..?

Yes and I haven’t gotten any notice. I’m assuming that means I’m going to get a rejection letter in the mail in a few days..?
I could be wrong but I thought people on here said they got a rejection email. What were your stats?

Same. This was my first committee meeting since my interview as well, and no answer.

Accepted today, OOS veteran. I’ve been on the hold list since December so if you’re on hold be patient!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today, OOS veteran. I’ve been on the hold list since December so if you’re on hold be patient!
Congrats! What are you stats if you dont mind me asking. I have been on the list since then also...

Doesn’t look good for us :(
Jan. 31 so same interview grouping also heard nothing. I kind of expected a rejection or acceptance since I'm a nontraditional with an interesting story and compelling stats, but this is a lot of straight up rejections from our interview groupings.

Jan. 31 so same interview grouping also heard nothing. I kind of expected a rejection or acceptance since I'm a nontraditional with an interesting story and compelling stats, but this is a lot of straight up rejections from our interview groupings.
I am similar to you, but stats are not great. I have been on the hold list for a while and at this point, I don't think I will make it off. It seems like they have slected a lot of OOS veterans so they have to be pretty full.

I am similar to you, but stats are not great. I have been on the hold list for a while and at this point, I don't think I will make it off. It seems like they have slected a lot of OOS veterans so they have to be pretty full.

I'm not saying you're definitely getting off, but the majority of the people who come off the hold list get taken off in March and April.

I'm not saying you're definitely getting off, but the majority of the people who come off the hold list get taken off in March and April.
Just seems like they have accepted a lot of OOS veterans and that's just those who have posted on here. There have to be others who do not post on here also.

Does anyone know when the next meeting is? If I'm understanding the new traffic rules correctly, they have to issue at least 72 acceptances before March 15th. Hopefully, admissions will update the statistics page soon.

Does anyone know when the next meeting is? If I'm understanding the new traffic rules correctly, they have to issue at least 72 acceptances before March 15th. Hopefully, admissions will update the statistics page soon.

I have a friend interviewing today. I’ll post the date when I hear from her.

Have they rejected anyone of the hold list yet?

hmmm, so do you think most acceptances have been sent out at this point then?

hmmm, so do you think most acceptances have been sent out at this point then?

Doubtful. But we will see when and if they update the stats page. They were averaging 10 per month which would put them at 50. That’s not even their whole class, and most schools accept 1.5-2x the number of seats they have.

They may end up offering fewer than that this year because of how cautious they are being.

It wouldn't surprise me if Quillen offered spots just over the class size this cycle, but maybe they picked up the pace this month to meet the March 15th AAMC deadline. Who knows for sure though ‍♀️

It wouldn't surprise me if Quillen offered spots just over the class size this cycle, but maybe they picked up the pace this month to meet the March 15th AAMC deadline. Who knows for sure though ‍♀️
What happens if a school doesnt meet the deadline?

Where are some places you guys stayed when you went for your interview?

Who’s going to the second look on April 6? They said at my interview that they didn’t have one, but apparently they decided to.
Do you have more info on this? If I am not accepted or rejected by then I will go.

Do you have more info on this? If I am not accepted or rejected by then I will go.

They sent me an email. It might just be for accepted students. I’m sure if you get accepted before then you can go. It just says it’s a chance to meet classmates and faculty and tour the campus with family.

They sent me an email. It might just be for accepted students. I’m sure if you get accepted before then you can go. It just says it’s a chance to meet classmates and faculty and tour the campus with family.
Oh thanks, well nevermind then lol.

Had an amazing time here on interview. Only slight damper is when my interviewer told me it was a shame I was interviewing so late in the cycle and that he/she hopes I find a good med school. :( Maybe there is hope though!

Last edited:
Had an amazing time here on interview. Only slight damper is when my interviewer told me it was a shame I was interviewing so late in the cycle and that he hopes I find a good med school. :( Maybe there is hope though!
Kinda an odd thing to tell you. Why interview you if they hope you find a good place elsewhere.

Kinda an odd thing to tell you. Why interview you if they hope you find a good place elsewhere.

Yeah, it caught me really off guard. The interviewer did preface it by saying they weren’t sure how many seats were actually left, but it didn’t sound promising. It stemmed from me asking the interviewer if they had any general advice for me, and the answer was like: “you should apply sooner. This is the last interview group and it’s a shame it’s so late in the cycle.” Then when we wrapped up “I hope you end up at a good medical school - I’m sure you will.” Again that was only from one person, though, and that person was nice and meant it in a positive way but it stung a little. Aside from that I had a fantastic time and everyone was great.I just hope it’s not too late for real consideration.

Yeah, it caught me really off guard. The interviewer did preface it by saying they weren’t sure how many seats were actually left, but it didn’t sound promising. It stemmed from me asking the interviewer if they had any general advice for me, and the answer was like: “you should apply sooner. This is the last interview group and it’s a shame it’s so late in the cycle.” Then when we wrapped up “I hope you end up at a good medical school - I’m sure you will.” Again that was only from one person, though, and that person was nice and meant it in a positive way but it stung a little. Aside from that I had a fantastic time and everyone was great.I just hope it’s not too late for real consideration.
Guess he was trying to be positive because the interviewers aren’t actually on the admissions committee. They just give their feedback to the committee. So probably was trying to be positive. We will have to see when they update the stats page to see how many spots they have. Hang in there though. I’ve been on the hold list for a while now. It sucks and at this point I don’t know if I’ll get off.