2018-2019 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it will probably continue to be slow until July. But then again what do I know...
Maybe. It's just strange because when one of the members here emailed the admissions office last week they said there is still movement occurring on the waitlist, so I'm not sure what is going to happen now.

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe. It's just strange because when one of the members here emailed the admissions office last week they said there is still movement occurring on the waitlist, so I'm not sure what is going to happen now.
I am completely in the dark...I have emailed them twice now with no response. I have two friends who are also on the UofL WL and they haven't heard anything either. UK seems to also be slow.

I am completely in the dark...I have emailed them twice now with no response. I have two friends who are also on the UofL WL and they haven't heard anything either. UK seems to also be slow.
That’s messed up. I guess you could try to call the office and they would be able to tell you something.

You know, I really wonder if the admissions people check this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Crickets over here since the last email they sent me last week
Ohhh the frustration. I couldn't help myself so I went ahead and called the office today. She basically said the same thing you had said earlier, that there is still some movement, but it's very slow. I even went ahead and asked where they are in terms of the "tiers", but she said the committee is not using that system anymore. Instead, they "voted and ranked people based on their overall GPA, MCAT, grades, interview, etc", which is a little confusing for me because I'm sure they used the same process for 3-tiered system as well, so I don't understand what "changed" per se. I guess they're just not calling it the "top, middle, or bottom third". I asked if they were going to send out anything today to which she said "the director hasn't said anything as of yet". I called around 12 PM EST, so I'm assuming nothing was sent out today.

Reactions: 1 user
Just opened up an IS position, good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Took one for the team and called the admissions office this morning. They said there is still movement as of this week.

Took one for the team and called the admissions office this morning. They said there is still movement as of this week.
Thank you!! I haven’t heard of anybody getting in since last week.

What are your stats?

Anybody know of anybody who has heard back this week? Stats? Anything? Seems like UofL is going into hibernation

So I decided to call admissions today to see what’s up, and the woman I spoke with said they’re processing things with the dean of admissions, and more than likely we’re not gonna hear anything back until like Monday. She said she doesn’t expect there to be a massive movement (50 people or so), but she doesn’t have an approximation of how much movement there will be either. One thing I forgot to ask is how many people (majority, half, etc) actually CTE’d yesterday. Anybody wanna take one for the team and call?

I also just got my rejection letter. It was very bland. "We are unable to consider your application further."

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. Was it an official rejection or did they just say it was full?
"
Dear ______,

I am writing to inform you that your application to the University of Louisville School of Medicine has been reviewed. Due to the number of applications, competition for positions is great. I regret to inform you that we are unable to consider your application further.

We appreciate your interest in the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance. '

Yall... I got that email too. I read it like 30 minutes ago.

And then 5 minutes later I got the email to complete the secondary application for this coming cycle. :rofl:

On to the next cycle!

I'm really sorry to all who got the rejection email. Did any OOS get it or only IS?

Reactions: 1 users
Any OOS news? I really thought we would have heard from them after the rejection emails yesterday

For current students who applied here OOS- did any of you not have Kentucky ties? I'm trying to figure out what % of their OOS accepted students had ties versus don't. I don't have ties, but I'd like to apply, yet I don't want to waste 100 bucks either if 75% of accepted OOS had ties to the state.

For current students who applied here OOS- did any of you not have Kentucky ties? I'm trying to figure out what % of their OOS accepted students had ties versus don't. I don't have ties, but I'd like to apply, yet I don't want to waste 100 bucks either if its like 75% of accepted OOS had ties to the state.
I did post bacc pre med program at U of L so I have ties.

For current students who applied here OOS- did any of you not have Kentucky ties? I'm trying to figure out what % of their OOS accepted students had ties versus don't. I don't have ties, but I'd like to apply, yet I don't want to waste 100 bucks either if 75% of accepted OOS had ties to the state.
I did my undergrad in Lexington (Transylvania University) so I have ties...then again I haven't been accepted (yet)

Last edited:
So they send out rejections to some on Wednesday and then nothing the rest of the week?? The first day of orientation is in 10 DAYS!!! Are they trying to drive us insane?

I don’t have serious kentucky ties (SO’s family only), but I was accepted this past cycle. Worth a shot

Did they ask you about your SO's family during interview and /or did you mention it in your secondary?

When asked about why I chose to apply, I bragged on their school and then wrote one sentence saying that my SO’s family is from there and I would have an extended support network. I only had 500 characters to talk about why UofL so I didn’t focus on it much. Never came up during the interview either. MCAT 506 & 515. Gpa 3.85. Decent ECs, nothing exceptional. I interviewed one of the last dates though - idk if that’s because I’m OOS or because my app get held up for the second MCAT score. Hope this helps!

Also were you stats at or above their averages?

I’m Considered IS because I married a KY resident, but I had to justify that status because when I applied I had been in KY for less than year. My stats were pretty average- 506 MCAT, 3.98 GPA. I also interviewed late in the game and they told us that their roster was full and they were filling the WL.