2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So go to the wings.wright portal. At the top where you click wings express next to it there’s a mail icon. Think it even says outlook. Click on that. It will take you to an outlook mailbox.
Thanks! Is that portal any different than your regular outlook email? I don’t think I’ve received a notification yet. Congratulations on the scholarship!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Is that portal any different than your regular outlook email? I don’t think I’ve received a notification yet. Congratulations on the scholarship!

Nope just regular inbox. It was in an email. I was surprised as I still haven’t gotten my financial aid with all my loans etc yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office a couple of days ago and they said they haven't had any movement on the waitlist yet! I'm assuming there might be a little movement only after April 15th (the day AMCAS suggests you should narrow down your top three choices and reject other acceptances) and probably even more after April 30th since they've said 120 people are already holding an acceptance right now

From my understanding though is that we can still hold 3 until April 30 correct? Because I have not narrowed any of my three down yet. There's still a lot of financial aid etc. I'm waiting on.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
From my understanding though is that we can still hold 3 until April 30 correct? Because I have not narrowed any of my three down yet. There's still a lot of financial aid etc. I'm waiting on.
Yeah up to 3 and as many WL as you want. By the 30th you can have 1 Acceptance and as many WL as you want. It’s not until 21 days before classes start at your acceptance when you need to Commit to Enroll and withdraw from any WL. But say you are WL at a school you would love to attend, you can email them and tell them you have the deadline coming up so they don’t possibly wait too long accidentally.

Yeah up to 3 and as many WL as you want. By the 30th you can have 1 Acceptance and as many WL as you want. It’s not until 21 days before classes start at your acceptance when you need to Commit to Enroll and withdraw from any WL. But say you are WL at a school you would love to attend, you can email them and tell them you have the deadline coming up so they don’t possibly wait too long accidentally.

We can keep more than 3 acceptances after 4/15. You are correct that by end of day on 4/30 we should be down to 1 accept and as many WL as we want. The "Commit to Enroll" suggestion varies by school. 2018-2019 "Commit to Enroll" Deadlines

I think the guidelines are to encourage people to not just hijack the process or WL movement by holding multiple acceptances if they have an idea of where they are actually considering, especially after aid info comes out.

Reactions: 1 user
I called the admissions office a couple of days ago and they said they haven't had any movement on the waitlist yet! I'm assuming there might be a little movement only after April 15th (the day AMCAS suggests you should narrow down your top three choices and reject other acceptances) and probably even more after April 30th since they've said 120 people are already holding an acceptance right now
120 may hold acceptances but for the past 3 years, they have gone to bottom 1/3 of the waitlist in order to get a full class

Where’d you get this data from? I saw they went to the bottom 1/3 last year but couldn’t find any info on earlier forums. Trying to figure out my odds of getting in!
Look again at the SDN thread for those years. Or just google Wright State SDN with the years you want and it should come up. You can see the WL movement in the threads. Not sure if there is other formal data but thats where I saw it. Some of the forums don't have as many posts about it but if you hunt around you can kind of tell when the WL started moving and when they got to each tier.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the guidelines are to encourage people to not just hijack the process or WL movement by holding multiple acceptances if they have an idea of where they are actually considering, especially after aid info comes out.

Yes, amcas is trying to help out applicants, so hopefully people narrow it down, and there will be some movement!

Does anyone know when scholarships go out? I received my Financial Aid today but still no info on scholarship.

Has anyone else received their financial aid package yet?

I got my financial aid information today but no word on scholarships. I remember one person posted about a scholarship offer but I haven't heard anything else.

Did you get the financial aid info in your Wright state email account?

Where’d you get this data from? I saw they went to the bottom 1/3 last year but couldn’t find any info on earlier forums. Trying to figure out my odds of getting in!
faculty,
helps to have friends in school there. My undergrad sends a lot of people here, many of whom were bottom 1/3 and still got calls in late june.

Does anyone know when scholarships go out? I received my Financial Aid today but still no info on scholarship.
Scholarships have already started going out. They said that as people choose other schools though and that money gets freed up, the scholarships will be offered to other people and this process of shifting scholarships could take months (although I don’t really know how it could take much longer than April 30)

Do they email or call for acceptance?
Talked to admissions today, they said they will call first and then send an email, so most people should get both. I didn't ask if they had made any WL offers yet, though.

Does anyone happen to know approximately what percentage of the incoming class receives scholarships?

Just withdrew my acceptance, best of luck everybody!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have a guesstimate on when we might start seeing waitlist movement?
there were a few people that withdrew their applications this week. (see further threads). I also know two other people that just accepted positions at DO schools and withdrew from the waitlist so best of luck. I hope this helps

Did anybody else receive an email today about the bridge program? And does anyone know if that means you're no longer being considered for a seat this year?? :{

Did anybody else receive an email today about the bridge program? And does anyone know if that means you're no longer being considered for a seat this year?? :{
Are you bottom tier WL? I havent gotten anything but I also opted for schools to not send me emails (was an option on the MCAT) so that may be why

I’m middle tier also, but I didn’t receive an email

This wait is unreal! Anyone else feel like the days are just dragging by? Any word on if there has been anyone accepted off the WL yet?

This wait is unreal! Anyone else feel like the days are just dragging by? Any word on if there has been anyone accepted off the WL yet?
I am in the top-third and will update this as soon as I hear new information; hoping this is sooner rather than later lol. The wait is terrible

I am in the top-third and will update this as soon as I hear new information; hoping this is sooner rather than later lol. The wait is terrible
Same here! I tried to keep my expectations down, but based on the past few years I did expect to see movement by now. It's making me really nervous that this year will be different and that they might not get through the top third even.

Same here! I tried to keep my expectations down, but based on the past few years I did expect to see movement by now. It's making me really nervous that this year will be different and that they might not get through the top third even.
If you think about it most students will not narrow down their medical school choices to 1 school until absolutely necessary (May 1). Otherwise, do not lose hope and relish in the fact you are being considered for a spot that 6000 applications have been sent in for per the tiering email.:)

Reactions: 3 users
If you think about it most students will not narrow down their medical school choices to 1 school until absolutely necessary (May 1). Otherwise, do not lose hope and relish in the fact you are being considered for a spot that 6000 applications have been sent in for per the tiering email.:)
if you look at last year the first post for accepted from the waitlist was 4/25, now that was top 1/3rd. The first 2/3rd person to post was may 3rd, may 14th for first bottom 1/3rd post. hope that helps. Obviously this changes but it is not that late.
the prior year 2017 I could only find a few people from the middle third and they were all in may but there were significantly fewer posts.

Wright state is a really great school and I really loved it on interview day (the dean of admissions is hilarious), so it was tough withdrawing my acceptance. Anyways, I hope it goes to one of you folks!

Update! Called them today to ask and admissions said it doesn't affect my position on the waitlist at all its just an opportunity they send out to some applicants on the waitlist. phewwwwww *wipes sweat*

Update! Called them today to ask and admissions said it doesn't affect my position on the waitlist at all its just an opportunity they send out to some applicants on the waitlist. phewwwwww *wipes sweat*
when do you have to respond by? As in do you need to take physiology with Ritucci this summer?

Is there a chance that waitlist people can receive scholarships?

when do you have to respond by? As in do you need to take physiology with Ritucci this summer?
Deadline to respond is this Friday 4/26 at Noon. And the email does not give much detail as to what courses will be taken it says " a Graduate Certificate in Anatomy with emphasis on preparation for medical education. The program offers graduate-level medical science courses.."