2018-2019 Yale University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any indication of waitlist movement for MSTP? A director told me mid-may. I'm tempted to contact someone asking for a timeline.

Members don't see this ad.

MSTP moves very little. I know for a fact that there have been years with zero movement bc everyone accepted. Have patience and just wait it out. It's 5/10, hardly mid-May. You waited like 10+ months at this point already, another 2-3 weeks isn't going to kill ya. GL

Thank you for this advice! Yes, I have received the aid info for the next year, and it will be a little tight but I can probably make it work (that mandatory 15k unit loan is killing me). My big concern is that there's a 50/50 shot that I can successfully get the tax documents from my custodial parent for the next three years
5 years is a terribly long time. Especially for medical school, where both of you will go through many trials and tribulations, difficult times that the two of you could very much use each other's support for. As someone whose relationship was REKT by long distance, I wouldn't wish that life upon anyone else. Long-term relationships can still be fragile, especially atop school and stress. Every situation is different, though. Just my 2 Abraham Lincolns

If you think you'll have a problem getting financial info from your non-custodial(?) parent, just tell the financial aid office. In some cases they can waive one parent's info altogether if it's that hard for you to get in touch. Just see what they say

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I unfortunately had to turn down my offer a while ago... so hopefully someone else gets it

Does anyone know if MSTP students at Yale also do more research and write a MD thesis?