2018 Official University of Oklahoma interviews and acceptances!

syap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck! This school seems awesome!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Sooner born/bred, but applying as a TX resident. That being said, I love the changes coming to the school and would be ecstatic to get into my alma mater! Hopefully they start making some invites soon!

Called today and they are starting to review applications next week. Woot!

Called today and they are starting to review applications next week. Woot!

Wow, reviewing next week and interviewing two weeks later. I wish they'd start now.

Good luck, future classmates! The new clinics are looking really fantastic.

Interview invite, OOS, South Dakota resident. AA: 21 PA: 23 So excited to interview here!

Interview invite, OOS, South Dakota resident. AA: 21 PA: 23 So excited to interview here!

Me too! I can't make the 21st but I'm super happy! I'm OOS as well (TX). I think this was the first round of invites?

Interview invite! I'm OOS also--Arkansas.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS from Toronto.
So excited! does anyone know how the interview atmosphere?

AADSAS says that I was "Invited for Interview," but I haven't received any additional info from the school. Were you invited via email or mail?
OOS: WI

AADSAS says that I was "Invited for Interview," but I haven't received any additional info from the school. Were you invited via email or mail?
OOS: WI

Me too. I called last Friday and was told that they would be sending out emails Tuesday. I didn't receive anything yesterday though.

I called the office and talked to Sally. Apparently AADSAS updated those information before Oklahoma office has told them to do so! so they are surprised that applicants can now see these info. However, they still haven't sent out invites yet and working on it! I think it would be a good idea to give them a few more days and see what will happen....

Does anyone else have Oklahoma missing from their AADSAS School Decisions page?

That's weird I still see Oklahoma on my schools decisions tab. But, my "status defined" column is blank for every school now.

Has anyone saw that Oklahoma interview offers are taken away? now instead says "Received/application complete".....oh no!

Has anyone saw that Oklahoma interview offers are taken away? now instead says "Received/application complete".....oh no!

Me too. Decision date is yesterday. Has anyone called and asked? I tried but was forwarded to the voicemail box of the admissions office.

Yep, me too. It is gone. I called two days ago, left a message, and they still haven't called back..

Guys, I wouldn't worry about it. If you've received an invite from them, they aren't going to "take it away" via the portal. They would do it with personal contact like a call or e-mail. My portal has never said anything about an interview, yet I have one scheduled! In fact, like two days after I got my confirmation, my portal changed.

Guys, I wouldn't worry about it. If you've received an invite from them, they aren't going to "take it away" via the portal. They would do it with personal contact like a call or e-mail. My portal has never said anything about an interview, yet I have one scheduled! In fact, like two days after I got my confirmation, my portal changed.

That's the thing, I haven't received a formal invitation yet. I don't know about the other people on here but the only indication I had that I was selected for an interview was my portal last Thursday. I called in that day and was told they would send emails the following Tuesday. Never heard from them since that thursday and the portal no longer says invited for interview. Anyone else get a portal invite but no email?

That's the thing, I haven't received a formal invitation yet. I don't know about the other people on here but the only indication I had that I was selected for an interview was my portal last Thursday. I called in that day and was told they would send emails the following Tuesday. Never heard from them since that thursday and the portal no longer says invited for interview. Anyone else get a portal invite but no email?

Yupp, exact same thing here. I called on Wednesday (before they took it off my portal) and left a message. They still haven't responded to me, but "Invited for Interview" was gone off the portal the next day.

I see...no clue there! :/ My portal has never mentioned an interview, they simply contacted me directly. Surely there was some massive error...but not in the worst way. I called them last week as well to reschedule my interview and they seemed to be on top of things. This is all very strange.

I received (and accepted) an interview invite for Sept. 21st. Email invite was sent 8/29/2013. I'm in-state.

GPA 3.86 SGPA 3.75 AA 22 TS 20 PAT 20

OU has been weird. I was 7th batch and was in the first round of invites. Maybe they did OOS first?

Invited to interview on Sept 21! I'm so excited, and happy to have this chance. :) OOS, btw.

Invited for an interview and can't wait!

Last edited:
Interviewed yesterday morning. In state

Interviewed yesterday morning. In state

How was it? I'll be there in a month and I'm pretty darn excited (born in OK, OU grad but now a TX resident)!

What was your series like? I've heard their pretty nice/low key there.

It was great! They do a really good job at making it feel relaxed and fun, makes it a lot easier to not feel nervous. We were all kept in one big room while waiting our turn for interviews or the tour and were free to talk and get to know each other which was nice. The four hours went by very fast! The school has a lot of construction going on but the clinic we toured was near finished and was VERY nice. The rennovations are going to be amazing!

Good luck! They told us during orientation they are only doing interviews on 3 days this year; Sept 21, Oct 24 (?), and Nov 9. They also did say they are still reviewing applications so if anyone is reading this and haven't heard from them yet don't panic!

Good luck! They told us during orientation they are only doing interviews on 3 days this year; Sept 21, Oct 24 (?), and Nov 9. They also did say they are still reviewing applications so if anyone is reading this and haven't heard from them yet don't panic!

Oh wow how many people are there each day?

Oh wow how many people are there each day?

Each session has two time slots (9-1 and 11-3 IIRC) so if they do 60/day then that's 30 per group...which is still a ton when each applicant gets 90 mins worth of interviews.

Each session has two time slots (9-1 and 11-3 IIRC) so if they do 60/day then that's 30 per group...which is still a ton when each applicant gets 90 mins worth of interviews.
8 to noon, and 11 to 3. I think someone above said they had 35 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. It's not representative but just to give you a picture.

Congrats to those who have received interviews.
For those of you who have already interviewed, what was the small group discussion with current dental students like? Was the entire interviewing group in a discussion together? Do you know if this session is also incorporated into the final interview evaluation or is it just a "friendly" chat to get to know more about the students and the school?
Thanks much!

They will break you up into smaller groups of about 8 people for the small group discussion. You'll sit around a table and the students will throw out a question for anyone/everyone to answer. It's very informal, and I thought it was a lot of fun. The questions weren't all super serious. You'll have a chance to ask them questions at the end as well. I'm pretty sure it is taken into consideration for your evaluation--the students took notes and had us sit in a certain order. Some students used to do one on one interviews, but not everyone got a student interviewer. This is something new they're trying to get student input without them doing one on one interviews.

They will break you up into smaller groups of about 8 people for the small group discussion. You'll sit around a table and the students will throw out a question for anyone/everyone to answer. It's very informal, and I thought it was a lot of fun. The questions weren't all super serious. You'll have a chance to ask them questions at the end as well. I'm pretty sure it is taken into consideration for your evaluation--the students took notes and had us sit in a certain order. Some students used to do one on one interviews, but not everyone got a student interviewer. This is something new they're trying to get student input without them doing one on one interviews.

Thanks for the helpful info!

Wondering if anyone knows the number of applicants to OU?