2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
taylor swift - blank space on my app portal as well.

feck feck feck
Didn’t someone claim that’s a good thing?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Essay Disappeared (10/14 ~ 71%)
blax34
silverismycat1
walter_heisenberg
jecki46
u_raptor
jcp23
21dopapod12
marcosma
thefencingjared
mamj

Essay Remains (4/14 ~29%)
Enterococcus
PapayaJambalaya
Medsthetic
bdawg0426
That reflects their % R and A ...

To add: I interviewed in December and mine is still there

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could also do a split based on essay prompt ... reasonable to believe that there are four different prompts and maybe they somehow accidentally didn't clear out one prompt ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Could also do a split based on essay prompt ... reasonable to believe that there are four different prompts and maybe they somehow accidentally didn't clear out one prompt ;)
this makes too much sense. can't be

• Love
My essay also disappeared. Interviewed December.

Essay disappeared as well. Man Dr. Yee and his staff must be laughing at this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
That reflects their % R and A ...

To add: I interviewed in December and mine is still there
this is a narrative i can get behind! calling my parents about my acceptance to duke

• Haha
Essay Disappeared (10/15 ~ 67%)
blax34
silverismycat1
walter_heisenberg
jecki46
u_raptor
jcp23
21dopapod12
marcosma
thefencingjared
mamj

Essay Remains (5/15 ~33%)
Enterococcus
PapayaJambalaya
Medsthetic
bdawg0426
jamesblonde

21125825_10155815363271189_2752949504159252480_n.gif

+1 on essay disappeared gang.

• Haha
My bet is that essay there means either straight R or A. Essay disappearing is likely A or WL or R & WL

• Hmm
Essay Disappeared (10/15 ~ 67%)
blax34
silverismycat1
walter_heisenberg
jecki46
u_raptor
jcp23
21dopapod12
marcosma
thefencingjared
mamj

Essay Remains (5/15 ~33%)
Enterococcus
PapayaJambalaya
Medsthetic
bdawg0426
jamesblonde
I interviewed in October (my first MMI interview, got wrecked) in case you need that extra piece of information.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
My bet is that essay there means either straight R or A. Essay disappearing is likely A or WL or R & WL
My theory is kinda the opposite in that no essay means straight R or A (because no need to read it again), but essay still there may mean WL in case need to re-review

My theory depends on how stressed you were while TYPING the essay. Were you wondering why you were being recorded while you typed? This was likely for AdComs to rate your stress level (frown:smile ratio, blink frequency, twitchiness), later used to determine if they will take your essay away from you (as to save you from more stress) or let you continue to review it. This is really the only reasonable explanation to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Hidden = accepted with generous stipend
Visible = accepted with full ride

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Guys just use inspect element and delete the essay off the page

• Wow
10 days? That's terrifying

Interviews are done by now, right? So I wonder if the adcom is starting to meet this week, or if they'll do it all in a couple days next week...I wouldn't be sad if they got back to us before the 14th

Interviews are done by now, right? So I wonder if the adcom is starting to meet this week, or if they'll do it all in a couple days next week...I wouldn't be sad if they got back to us before the 14th
Yeah apparently they finished up back on January 16th. I hope Feb. 14th is reasonable but I would not mind this Friday either.

I am thinking even the 14th might be wishful thinking based on how last year's thread went. I would certainly not mind though!

I am thinking even the 14th might be wishful thinking based on how last year's thread went. I would certainly not mind though!
Their second look is 3/13-3/15, so hopefully they give people at least a month's notice...

To add to the essay drama. I also still have my interview essay on the portal. Does this mean I’m in?

Just called the Office of Admissions - decisions will "most likely" be released on the 14th. So that's the official word from on high.
I love you Dr. Yee please let me in

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I believe it.

Not only are these great candidates, at least two feel good about their interview, and the distribution reflects Duke’s post-interview.

I hate to squirt on this fire but like - there is literally no way that essay there/essay gone has anything to do with acceptances. Mine was gone the day after writing it and my friend's, as it turns out, was gone the same day. There's no way they made a decision within hours of the interview, right? I thought Y'ALL WERE KIDDING ABOUT THIS (!) but it seems like people might be buying into it. So everybody should take a deep breath!!! And we'll know in 10 days :)

PS - I had the "P" prompt. Who wants to collect info on THAT?

• Haha
  • Love
P prompt too (essay didnt dissapear)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
this is like the numbers on lost....

• Haha
Man I felt like my interview went well, I hope that the remain/gone isn't related lol.

I am very much wondering if they are related to which prompt you had...

Man I felt like my interview went well, I hope that the remain/gone isn't related lol.

I am very much wondering if they are related to which prompt you had...

had P and disappeared so I think not!

• Wow
Anyone with an L prompt that did NOT disappear?

What does it mean if you can’t remember the prompt? Accepted?

• Hmm
  • Haha
I had the “F” prompt not the “P” prompt. I interviewed October and my essay is still there. I also felt pretty good about my interview. Anyone with the P prompt wanna message me?

I hate to squirt on this fire but like - there is literally no way that essay there/essay gone has anything to do with acceptances. Mine was gone the day after writing it and my friend's, as it turns out, was gone the same day. There's no way they made a decision within hours of the interview, right? I thought Y'ALL WERE KIDDING ABOUT THIS (!) but it seems like people might be buying into it. So everybody should take a deep breath!!! And we'll know in 10 days :)

PS - I had the "P" prompt. Who wants to collect info on THAT?
Exactly, mine was gone shortly after. They do drop your lowest and highest scores, maybe they were dropped? We’ve got 10 days so let’s enjoy it guys! The fact we all got interviews at duke was a great honor so let’s try to have fun until we know what happens!

• Wow
Exactly, mine was gone shortly after. They do drop your lowest and highest scores, maybe they were dropped? We’ve got 10 days so let’s enjoy it guys! The fact we all got interviews at duke was a great honor so let’s try to have fun until we know what happens!
Oh shoot I didn't know they do that. That - dropping the high/low - would honestly make the most sense here!

How do you know they do that? That’s dropping like a quarter of the scores?