2019-2020 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did and I got an ii. I made sure there was good lighting and stuff thought so it actually turned out pretty well

Awesome congrats!! And thanks for your reply. Are you IS by any chance ?

Members don't see this ad.

Added UNLV 2 weeks ago, secondary received today. NO connections to the state at ALL. Is it worth it to submit my secondary??

Had no idea it had to be primary family to be considered w/ priority :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I would say no. Both UNR and UNLV are kinda sticklers when it comes to their Nevada-tie preference. Ultimately it's up to you if the secondary fee is worth the shot or not. You can always email/call admissions and ask them as well.

Hi thank you for your response. LOL, fml the secondary fee is expensive. But, I will probably just apply anyway b/c its another shot to stay close to fam, friends, and sig other.

I do have weak ties -- Aunt and Cousins-- hopefully that is enough to keep me in the running. I'll give them a call, like what you said, for advice. Thanks again and good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know who our two interviewers will be? or is there a way to find out?

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I received the following email on June 28th and haven't heard anything since. Utah resident with strong ties, interviewed here last cycle.

Dear ,

The UNLV School of Medicine has received your AMCAS application and it is currently being reviewed. The review process can take several months. Thank you for your patience. Please continue to monitor your email for updates to your application status.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Does anyone know who our two interviewers will be? or is there a way to find out?
You will have two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. Each interviewee will be separated to different area/rooms for one-on-one interviews. For me, interview with the faculty member was at his office, and the one with the student was on a bench in the hallway. Student interview is more of a conversation. Faculty interview starts with a conversation, but then the faculty interviewer will start to ask some specific questions (goes through a list). School isn't that big, so the tour doesn't have too much walking. Wear whatever shoes that make you more comfortable. Good luck~

^^^ That's from last year's UNLV thread

Interview waitlist this morning

@redsox93 or others, can you provide some insight on the interviews? Are the only questions asked, the ones from the list or are there others, like follow up questions, or questions about healthcare policy, etc? Also, are the interviews open or closed file? Thanks in advance!

@UNLV Admin if you're available and willing... :D

@redsox93 or others, can you provide some insight on the interviews? Are the only questions asked, the ones from the list or are there others, like follow up questions, or questions about healthcare policy, etc? Also, are the interviews open or closed file? Thanks in advance!

@UNLV Admin if you're available and willing... :D

they asked questions from the list and then asked some follow up questions from there. Nothing on healthcare policy for me I talked about UNLV and Nevada football for like 15 minutes in one of mine haha. And it was closed file.

they asked questions from the list and then asked some follow up questions from there. Nothing on healthcare policy for me I talked about UNLV and Nevada football for like 15 minutes in one of mine haha. And it was closed file.
Thanks for responding! Were the follow up questions challenging or otherwise piercing? Or more conversational? Is the interview an easy going conversation or an inquisition? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for responding! Were the follow up questions challenging or otherwise piercing? Or more conversational? Is the interview an easy going conversation or an inquisition? lol
All were really conversational. I might’ve gotten lucky with my interviewers but they were both super laid back. I think it was my easiest interview I had when I was applying haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview today? Pretty sure the first interviews were held today (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Would be nice to get some reports of what the interviews are like this year.

If anyone is interviewing tomorrow, please report your experience here! Thanks and good luck!

I'm interviewing on Friday so I'm hoping someone can chime in with their interview experience this cycle. I've heard the gossip and based on that the interview environment is very laid back. Anyone care to comment?? :D

How do people feel about the first few rounds of interviews so far? I'm interviewing on the 11th and would love any feedback/tips/etc. Thank you!

Does anybody know if UNLV is receptive to ITA emails? I'm OOS with close ties (my dad lives in Las Vegas) and will be in the area in a few weeks to present at a conference.

Interviewing on 10/11 as well! OOS student w/ ties to state

Interviewed here today. It was very low key and pretty much all the questions asked were from that list of questions they provide. The students I met all seemed happy as well. Pretty neat program.

Interviewed here today. It was very low key and pretty much all the questions asked were from that list of questions they provide. The students I met all seemed happy as well. Pretty neat program.
Where do you find the list of interview questions? Do they send with the II?

Does anyone know when they are sending out acceptances?
They said the admissions committee's first meeting is next week and they will go over 50 of the September interviewees. They will review in chunks like that until the class is decided. I can't remember how often they meet though.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call today too! This is my top choice! SO Stoked!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know in what time frame they send out calls before they move on to the next month? Do all calls go out in one day, two days, one week, etc?

Anyone know in what time frame they send out calls before they move on to the next month? Do all calls go out in one day, two days, one week, etc?
Second this. Interviewed early September still nothing :(

For those who have interviewed, how long did it take to get invited for an interview? Submitted my secondary at the end of August and haven't heard anything from UNLV since. Tried calling to see where they are in the process, but had no response.

All calls go out in one day

Just got the call! Interviewed in early Oct.

Edit: CA resident but grew up/graduated HS in NV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Looks like it was this week, do they really do all the calls in just one day per committee meeting?
Seems like it based on this thread and last year’s. Unlikely we’ll hear anything till next month as it’s the holidays

Seems like it based on this thread and last year’s. Unlikely we’ll hear anything till next month as it’s the holidays

Gotcha, interviewed mid/late November myself, was feeling hopeful I'd hear back this month, but maybe it's still too soon.

Any more word on calls for the November interviewees? Interviewed 11/15.

Last edited:
Any verification on that? I remember Dr. Parrish saying they would review the previous month’s cohort the middle of the following month and calls would go out at the end of it?

Any verification on that? I remember Dr. Parrish saying they would review the previous month’s cohort the middle of the following month and calls would go out at the end of it?
Well it's January now so... haha . They have alot of applications to go through so they probably just got a little behind. Plus there was the Holidays.
Just gotta hang in there a bit longer!