2019-2020 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the new due date for the Dean's and the Chancellor scholarship essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the new due date for the Dean's and the Chancellor scholarship essays?
The email I got last week said March 24th for both scholarships and the 31st for the global health opportunity program. But if anyone knows of later dates than that, please post it.

Reactions: 1 user
The email I got last week said March 24th for both scholarships and the 31st for the global health opportunity program. But if anyone knows of later dates than that, please post it.
That's what I thought and then I received the email that said
"We have had a request to extend the scholarship deadline as we are not having the accepted student reception. We will give you an additional week to send your responses in to us."

That's what I thought and then I received the email that said
"We have had a request to extend the scholarship deadline as we are not having the accepted student reception. We will give you an additional week to send your responses in to us."
When did you get that email?

For those accepted after the scholarship deadline, is it not possible to apply for scholarships at all?

And can anyone else confirm receiving this email?
The original email they sent stated that scholarships were due March 27th. They then changed the due date almost immediately to March 17th in order to make a decision before accepted students day. Once accepted students day was cancelled, they sent out the third email (email date was March 10) stating they would give us an additional week to submit our scholarship info. One week from the March 17th deadline is March 24th, so the current due date for the scholarship is March 24th.

Reactions: 2 users
The original email they sent stated that scholarships were due March 27th. They then changed the due date almost immediately to March 17th in order to make a decision before accepted students day. Once accepted students day was cancelled, they sent out the third email (email date was March 10) stating they would give us an additional week to submit our scholarship info. One week from the March 17th deadline is March 24th, so the current due date for the scholarship is March 24th.
You are amazing. Thank you for the much needed clarification.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if the current pandemic will have any effect on waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
See yall on the webinar soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when they'll announce the scholarship recipients?

They said early this week for the dean's scholarship in the virtual accepted students day. Chancellor's scholarship might be a few more weeks as they have to narrow it down and then send to the chancellor to pick.

Anyone hear anything about scholarships yet? :(

I don’t know if everyone who got it was but I know someone who was notified
Ohh ok. I would think they'd notify everyone that got it at the same time, so I guess if we haven't heard anything yet, that probably means we didn't get it.

Is there any word on the July 27th start date being pushed back?
I haven't heard anything about it getting pushed back. On the WebEx, they said nothing has changed as of now.

Does anyone know if Rutgers matches other scholarship offers?

Anyone know if the chancellor scholar has been announced already?

any HPWL movement yet? whats the movement been like in recent years (do only a few or a decent number of people come off). Also does anyone know if the WL is ranked

any HPWL movement yet? whats the movement been like in recent years (do only a few or a decent number of people come off). Also does anyone know if the WL is ranked
Nothing yet. I would check the previous year threads to see but from what I remember there was a decent amount of waitlist movement. The WL is not ranked but there is a difference between high priority and regular waitlist. Someone also said that there is something higher than the high priority waitlist (forgot what it was called).

I think the school mentioned that the waitlist movement starts after May 1?

I think the school mentioned that the waitlist movement starts after May 1?
Yup! After I accepted my waitlist position, the office of admissions said that they won’t know until May 1st of movement in the class but hope to pull applicants from the waitlist in May.

Nothing yet. I would check the previous year threads to see but from what I remember there was a decent amount of waitlist movement. The WL is not ranked but there is a difference between high priority and regular waitlist. Someone also said that there is something higher than the high priority waitlist (forgot what it was called).
Higher than high priority? I don't recall them ever mentioning that

Higher than high priority? I don't recall them ever mentioning that
If you scroll through this thread those who interviewed were placed on this "high priority list" status that sounded different, in email and on the portal, than the traditional "high priority list" status. I think someone in the thread also confirmed with admissions.

If you scroll through this thread those who interviewed were placed on this "high priority list" status that sounded different, in email and on the portal, than the traditional "high priority list" status. I think someone in the thread also confirmed with admissions.
I think there was one person that mentioned they were high priority of the highest priority, or something like that. I only saw that one person, but most others weren’t in that list.

Yup! After I accepted my waitlist position, the office of admissions said that they won’t know until May 1st of movement in the class but hope to pull applicants from the waitlist in May.
You were pulled from the waitlist already for this application cycle?

Anyone know what the deal is with getting in-state tuition as an out of state person? I know that I made a note to look into it after interview day, but left the note and FA materials in my apartment that I haven’t been back to since corona! Thank you!

Just withdrew my acceptance here. I hope it goes to someone wonderful!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know if there is movement from the regular waitlist? Or is it only the HPWL that moves