2019-2020 UT Houston ( McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a pre-match today as of 11 am?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How prematch heavy is McGovern? I know it varies a lot school to school

Are they not sending out prematchs today?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted IS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got an acceptance! I’m hoping they’re doing it in waves through the afternoon...

Reactions: 4 users
Prematched at 5:23!! I feel so grateful this is my DREAM school:love:

Accepted IS. Got to say I was really depressed all day to not get anything this morning but I'm so relieved rn

Prematch here!! Beyond excited!

Accepted! Been waiting for this one

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-matched at 6:00. Very happy and relieved.

Reactions: 5 users
Prematched around 6 as well! Interviewed 9/11. IS.

What's the prematch/match ratio for McGovern? And have they historically only sent out pre-matches on the 1st day? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone. So exciting to see a new wave of acceptances! I hope you all join our amazing program. If you have any questions about McGovern, feel free to PM me!

Pre-matched at 6:00. Very happy and relieved.
When did TMDSAS transmit your application. It looks like most of the prematches went to May transmitted applicants.

When did TMDSAS transmit your application. It looks like most of the prematches went to May transmitted applicants.
My friend was complete in late July and interviewed late September and prematched today!

Got an A today, OOS!! Gonna give this one up - hope one of yall gets the spot, good luck!! ;););)

So I prematched here and at one other Texas school yesterday but I'm a bit confused on the process. I don't know which school I'd like to attend more yet, should I accept both offers of acceptance and then just rank the school I decide on higher for the match? Is accepting a pre-match offer of admission a binding decision/will it hurt my chances of getting more pre-matches going forward? Beyond excited to even be in this position lol

So I prematched here and at one other Texas school yesterday but I'm a bit confused on the process. I don't know which school I'd like to attend more yet, should I accept both offers of acceptance and then just rank the school I decide on higher for the match? Is accepting a pre-match offer of admission a binding decision/will it hurt my chances of getting more pre-matches going forward? Beyond excited to even be in this position lol

It is not a binding decision if you accept the offer! You will eventually rank them for match (if you are a tx resident) and schools you ranked lower than a school you’ve been accepted too will only then get dropped during match

Accept both and go back over your notes from both school's interviews, spend some time on their websites, decide which city you would rather weather a hurricane in!
Accepting a pre-match offer is nonbinding and you can freely rank at match time any school where you have interviewed.

Has anyone with an October Interview received a pre-match or do you all think it’s too early for an OCT II? Thank you! Congrats to everyone who pre-matched!

Prematched! Interviewed 8/23. My dream school and city.

Has anyone with an October Interview received a pre-match or do you all think it’s too early for an OCT II? Thank you! Congrats to everyone who pre-matched!

Last year i knew applicants who received prematch offers that interviewed the week prior. Not sure if the same occurred this year.

Does anyone know how McGovern is doing their prematches this year? In previous years, they've only sent out prematch offers on the first day (11/15) and everyone else had to wait til match day.. wondering if anyone interviewing this week (10/18) would have a chance at prematching

Does anyone know how McGovern is doing their prematches this year? In previous years, they've only sent out prematch offers on the first day (11/15) and everyone else had to wait til match day.. wondering if anyone interviewing this week (10/18) would have a chance at prematching
Am wondering the same thing. Maybe they will say something about it during the interview.

I heard from a recent interviewee that Dean McNeese said they were conservative with prematches and that more would follow.

Regardless, McGovern has a very good mix of match/prematch/waitlist acceptances

Reactions: 10 users
So if I transmitted in May, complete in first week of June - is there any chance left at all that I could receive an ii ?

II! Earliest date available was Nov. 22nd. Complete 6/19. LM 74.

Reactions: 6 users