2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So is the consensus that you cannot get IS residency after 1st year?
Correct - you need to be living in Vermont for one year as a non-student in order to qualify for IS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if UVM has a PTE deadline?

I see CTE is July 15... but do we have to PTE by any date also?

does anyone know if UVM has a PTE deadline?

I see CTE is July 15... but do we have to PTE by any date also?
I think it's an AAMC rule that you need to PTE to one school you have been accepted to by tomorrow night.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those waiting on HPWL, how many of you guys have submitted a letter of intent to the school?

Reactions: 1 users
I think it's an AAMC rule that you need to PTE to one school you have been accepted to by tomorrow night.
From AAMC:
April 30, 2020: Applicants who have been accepted will have two options to select in accordance with each medical school’s specific policies and deadlines: “Plan to Enroll” and “Commit to Enroll”.

all deadlines are school-specific

Just wanted to chime in and say that I withdrew earlier this week, and I'll be checking in periodically because I can't wait to see all y'all come off the HPWL (and maybe get the scholarship I returned!)

Reactions: 7 users
I still haven't gotten finaid package, and I really wanted to see it as I considered schools, will be withdrawing

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to chime in and say that I withdrew earlier this week, and I'll be checking in periodically because I can't wait to see all y'all come off the HPWL (and maybe get the scholarship I returned!)
What about see us come off the regular WL

Just withdrew (couldn’t decide till the literal last minutes). Good luck!

Just a reminder to anyone accepted here that wants to attend, you MUST PTE by the end of today or they can rescind your acceptance!
CTE deadline is July 15th

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a reminder to anyone accepted here that wants to attend, you MUST PTE by the end of today or they can rescind your acceptance!
CTE deadline is July 15th
Do you have a link to the PTE deadline? I can't find it anywhere

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but pretty sure there is a global PTE today 4/30 where amcas says you narrow down to one acceptance

I could be wrong but pretty sure there is a global PTE today 4/30 where amcas says you narrow down to one acceptance

Ah okay, I was a little scared as I only hold one acceptance and I'm currently on multiple waitlists.

An email was sent out today by AAMC about the PTE deadline, this should clarify the protocol

Adjustments.JPG

But the site is messed up so how are we supposed to do that exactly?
They sent an email that they fixed it, but I would write to the school you intend to hit PTE or CTE on at the moment and let them know you are trying to navigate AMCAS if you are still having issues. I would also write AMCAS and call them. Have as much evidence that you are playing in as much good faith as possible as you can.

They sent an email that they fixed it, but I would write to the school you intend to hit PTE or CTE on at the moment and let them know you are trying to navigate AMCAS if you are still having issues. I would also write AMCAS and call them. Have as much evidence that you are playing in as much good faith as possible as you can.
There is no CTE button though....are others having this issue?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 5 users
Last year people were accepted off of HPWL the morning of April 30th, looks like this wasn’t the case today :( do we think there’ll be movement tomorrow since PTE deadline is tonight? I’m nervous that all of a sudden a HPWL status isn’t as promising as we once thought but I know it’s just anxiety speaking lol

Last year people were accepted off of HPWL the morning of April 30th, looks like this wasn’t the case today :( do we think there’ll be movement tomorrow since PTE deadline is tonight? I’m nervous that all of a sudden a HPWL status isn’t as promising as we once thought but I know it’s just anxiety speaking lol
not everyone is on sdn. not everyone who gets an A reports on sdn even if they are on sdn. Don't get too concerned yet!!

not everyone is on sdn. not everyone who gets an A reports on sdn even if they are on sdn. Don't get too concerned yet!!
I also think covid is probably slowing down a lot of things too. Maybe we'll hear tomorrow

Has anyone had to pay anything yet? I know in the acceptance email it said a 100 dollar deposit but the tab to pay it says no deposit required. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything

Has anyone had to pay anything yet? I know in the acceptance email it said a 100 dollar deposit but the tab to pay it says no deposit required. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything

I’m in the same boat, so I think you’re good!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

THE A TRAIN HAS BEGUN!!! GOT THAT A!!! CRYIIING!!! YES Y'ALL HPWL!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Let’s hope they are slowly sending them out today o_O. Congrats mega incognito!!

Best of luck to every one! Sending positive vibes to y'all! Let's go WAITLIST GANG!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Best of luck to every one! Sending positive vibes to y'all! Let's go WAITLIST GANG!!!

do you think they're considering campus selection when they're giving acceptances? I know they said something in the interview but cant remember what it was now : /

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the good news!

Did you send in a LOR at any point during the process?

Congrats again!

do you think they're considering campus selection when they're giving acceptances? I know they said something in the interview but cant remember what it was now : /
No clue. At mine they said there's more spots at the VT campus where I got into.

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the good news!

Did you send in a LOR at any point during the process?

Congrats again!
Thanks! Just wanted to REVIVE the thread, it's been a long time coming. Yes I did send an LOI immediately after HPWL status.

• Love
Congrats, @Ms. Incognito! Did you previously “accept” the HPWL on the portal?

The initial email announcing the HPWL didn’t mention anything but I just checked the portal today and saw that there was an option to accept/decline

Congrats, @Ms. Incognito! Did you previously “accept” the HPWL on the portal?

The initial email announcing the HPWL didn’t mention anything but I just checked the portal today and saw that there was an option to accept/decline
Thank you

YES!!!! PLEASE DO SO IF THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE! I hit that HPWL accept button the moment I got HPWL lol!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you

YES!!!! PLEASE DO SO IF THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE! I hit that HPWL accept button the moment I got HPWL lol!!!

Good to know! I'd love to go here and sent in a LOI in March. I hit the accept button right after the panic of seeing it for the first time today. Hopefully that will still be ok

Good to know! I'd love to go here and sent in a LOI in March. I hit the accept button right after the panic of seeing it for the first time today. Hopefully that will still be ok

You should send admissions an email just in case. Don’t assume they automatically kept your spot on the wait list.

does anyone know what the fafsa federal school code is for this school? I cant find it
thank you

You should send admissions an email just in case. Don’t assume they automatically kept your spot on the wait list.

Thanks! that’s a great idea. I will be sure to do that