Army 2019 Army 4-Year HPSP Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

philliphaha

Hey guys. I thought I would start a thread of this year's applicants because I don't see one yet.
Who else is applying this year and where in the application process are you?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying. I have finished all the paperwork and have my physical Wed. I believe my recruiter said everything needs to be in by Sep 22 for the first boards on Oct 7 but I'm not 100 on that

I'm applying. I have finished all the paperwork and have my physical Wed. I believe my recruiter said everything needs to be in by Sep 22 for the first boards on Oct 7 but I'm not 100 on that

No meaning to thread hijack, but do you have any idea if that would be the deadline for the 3-year scholarship as well? I am applying for the 3-year and last I talked to my recruiter he said it was going to be late September but didn't have an exact date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if it is for the 3 year as well. I was just told to have everything done by the 22nd (or around there) and that if you have a 3.5 and a 19 AA then you will go through to first boards on Oct. 7th.

I'm not sure if it is for the 3 year as well. I was just told to have everything done by the 22nd (or around there) and that if you have a 3.5 and a 19 AA then you will go through to first boards on Oct. 7th.
I think you were told wrong. You didn't get into any dental school yet. How can you go to October boards? You need an acceptance letter first.

People found out if they got a scholarship last year in November (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/4-year-army-hpsp-applicants.1041360/) with the condition that you needed to get accepted of course and not necessarily by Dec 1st. You have to print out the list of schools that you applied to and they look at your chances of getting into one of those schools based on your stats.

Last edited:
People found out if they got a scholarship last year in November (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/4-year-army-hpsp-applicants.1041360/) with the condition that you needed to get accepted of course and not necessarily by Dec 1st. You have to print out the list of schools that you applied to and they look at your chances of getting into one of those schools based on your stats.

First board application needs to be done on Sept 22, Second board application needs to be done on Nov 11(?). I went to my recruiter today and she showed me a paper with the dates. I decided that I wanted to get everything done for the first board meeting.

Did you recruiter tell you that you need to send an official DAT score report to them?

I am. Just completed Meps so the last thing I need to do is get a deans letter and my packet is complete.

Everything is complete for me. I have my physical this Thursday!

I am. Just completed Meps so the last thing I need to do is get a deans letter and my packet is complete.

How was your MEPS examination? I'm interested in how long it took and how strict they really are. My recruiter told me that they try their best to scare all the information out of you, is that true?

No meaning to thread hijack, but do you have any idea if that would be the deadline for the 3-year scholarship as well? I am applying for the 3-year and last I talked to my recruiter he said it was going to be late September but didn't have an exact date.

Yes, the board will meet to review 3-year applications on Oct. 7th. They request that recruiters get the application submitted by the 22nd of September in case they are kicked back, there is still time to edit the app.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just completed MEPS today. Just need to finish up my packet and look forward to December boards!

Anyone know the total number of scholarships offered this year and the number of people that apply? Is the Oct 7 boards only for the 3 year scholarship or will they also look at 4 year applicants?

As a 4 yr applicant, My recruiter told me first boards are in November! Can't believe I'm going to miss out, very worried about not receiving a scholarship...

My recruiter told me that the first board was in Sept. and the second one is in Dec...

My recruiter told me first boards were in October and second were December. It's my understanding that the October boards are mainly 3 year but they do do some 4 years. There will be plenty of scholarships at that board. You won't be missing out!

Reactions: 1 user
My recruiter told me first boards were in October and second were December. It's my understanding that the October boards are mainly 3 year but they do do some 4 years. There will be plenty of scholarships at that board. You won't be missing out!
Plenty of scholarships left at which board? Oct or Dec? My packet is getting ready for Dec but Im just afraid they'll run out of scholarships by then.

Anyone know the number of 3 year ones given out each yr?

My recruiter told me that the first board was in Sept. and the second one is in Dec...
Your recruiter is correct about the second board review and my recruiter also verified this. My mistake.

Plenty of scholarships left at which board? Oct or Dec? My packet is getting ready for Dec but Im just afraid they'll run out of scholarships by then.

Anyone know the number of 3 year ones given out each yr?

I'm sure there will be plenty come December. They won't run out. Not sure on the amount of 3 years. If you're waiting for the December boards maybe you can use this time to volunteer a little. It might boost your chances!

i was told by my recruiter that you had to have a 20 AA for the first boards

i was told by my recruiter that you had to have a 20 AA for the first boards
You needed a 3.5 gpa and 19 AA minimum to go on first board, provided that your app was completed, of course.

good to know, im in the first board pool as well just thought i had the minimum (according to my recruiter) because i have a 3.5 20 AA

Last edited:
Anyone know the total number of scholarships offered this year and the number of people that apply? Is the Oct 7 boards only for the 3 year scholarship or will they also look at 4 year applicants?

As a 4 yr applicant, My recruiter told me first boards are in November! Can't believe I'm going to miss out, very worried about not receiving a scholarship...

For this year there will be 20 3-yr HPSP scholarships. At this time most were awarded in the October board with a few still available.

There will be 65 4-yr Scholarships.

Upcoming boards will be December 8th and January 13th.

I will not be providing countdowns of how many scholarships are left each time. Assume that most scholarships will go in these next 2 boards and any other openings will be if people back out. Order of Merit Lists will be created and individuals will be given available scholarships based on their ranking.

So you're saying scholarships were awarded from the Oct. board. Do you know when we'll find out if we got one?

For this year there will be 20 3-yr HPSP scholarships. At this time most were awarded in the October board with a few still available.

There will be 65 4-yr Scholarships.

Upcoming boards will be December 8th and January 13th.

I will not be providing countdowns of how many scholarships are left each time. Assume that most scholarships will go in these next 2 boards and any other openings will be if people back out. Order of Merit Lists will be created and individuals will be given available scholarships based on their ranking.

Thanks for all this information!

The wait following these boards is killing me.

Jesus.... good luck to all of us then

Good luck! It should be an exciting few days. Kind of a mini preview for December 1st... My recruiters exact words were "They should be releasing results for 4yr by tomorrow per email. Friday at the latest".

Damn
Good luck! It should be an exciting few days. Kind of a mini preview for December 1st... My recruiters exact words were "They should be releasing results for 4yr by tomorrow per email. Friday at the latest".
I think my recruiter went on vacation so I wouldnt bug her. She said not to worry my app was solid so I'll just have to distract myself for the next few days.

Damn
I think my recruiter went on vacation so I wouldnt bug her. She said not to worry my app was solid so I'll just have to distract myself for the next few days.

Yeah. And since you applied to the earlier board I'm sure that makes things a little easier. I'll let you know when my recruiter contacts me and if you are feeling anxious I'm sure you could call the recruiting center and they'd have the info.

i really hope im wrong guys but ive been told that the army is waiting till december to actually select individuals for the 4 year HPSP sholarship. im not trolling...im an oct board applicant and disappointed because i worked hard to get my application in on time. ask your recruiters about this. i find it strange that my recruiter told me this yet pinkster was recently told he would find out in a few days

I was told I'm on the Order of Merit List yesterday. My recruiter said a huge amount of dental applicants were on the list. I'm just curious if anyone got the scholarship or if they are waiting to move people off the list after they get accepted. I was fairly certain I was a lock, especially this early, at a 22/23/23/22/21 and a 3.8 with a long military family history. Then again, I could just be overconfident as there are many strong applicants this year.

I was told I'm on the Order of Merit List yesterday. My recruiter said a huge amount of dental applicants were on the list. I'm just curious if anyone got the scholarship or if they are waiting to move people off the list after they get accepted. I was fairly certain I was a lock, especially this early, at a 22/23/23/22/21 and a 3.8 with a long military family history. Then again, I could just be overconfident as there are many strong applicants this year.

Hmm. Not sure. Mind explaining what OML is?

Last edited:
Hmm. Not sure. Mind explaining what the Order of Merit List is? I'm unfamiliar with the term.
Its the wait list. Not sure how on earth the guy is on the wait list already. That usually is made in spring, unless all the scholarships were handed out...

I find that so bizarre to hear! I've been on a bunch of interviews and I was generally the only person who had applied to the scholarship. Also, with your stats and background, I would have guessed you were a shoe-in. My recruiter told me I would hear today, so I will let you know what she says. I certainly don't have the stats agrinjeri has, so I'm not so hopeful now. Perhaps they only wanted to fill a few seats in October and they will fill the majority of them in December?

I am on the OML as well. My recruiter said that everyone they are considering is on the OML and will be until december....

So basically they had us hurry and get our materials in for the October board just to make us wait until December?

So basically they had us hurry and get our materials in for the October board just to make us wait until December?
It doesn't matter, when December rolls around you will be granted a scholarship! I'm thinking the reason they had a board so early is to vet these good, highly qualified applicants and see if they are worth giving a scholarship. The waitlist/OML is just there because they can't give you one right now since no one is accepted yet. But since the Army deems you worthy of a scholarship b/c you are on the "stand-by" list you'll get one provided you get accepted somewhere in December.

I was also told I was on the OML. My recruiter said that 30 people were in for the Oct. board for 65 spots. So I guess we'll see how many more people submit before the Dec. board. He said we should know around Dec. 15th if we get a scholarship.