2019 Knowles/Cornell hematopathology course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coroner

Peace Sells...but who's buying?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone else is attending this year's meeting, I'll usually be hanging out the lobby bar after the day's lectures are over. Shoot me a pm and first drink is on me...

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone else is attending this year's meeting, I'll usually be hanging out the lobby bar after the day's lectures are over. Shoot me a pm and first drink is on me...
You are not in forensic pathology then

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You are not in forensic pathology then
Nope, done enough autopsies though. Not as many as mikesheree, but for me, residency was enough...

Some big names at that course- pity they don't do a video lecture series or access to the resources alone.
Yes. Arguably the best hemepath conference in the world in a given year. You can get access to the resources by registering and the lecture notes and presentations are available for download (no videos though).

Reactions: 1 users
Nope, done enough autopsies though. Not as many as mikesheree, but for me, residency was enough...

Yes. Arguably the best hemepath conference in the world in a given year. You can get access to the resources by registering and the lecture notes and presentations are available for download (no videos though).
I have performed over 2000 and do about 60/year private autopsies to help augment my decreasing income from surgicals

They just emailed me- US$200 for resources only.

I’ll think about it- I might struggle without the audio or video, usually need some stimuli with my learning.

I have performed over 2000 and do about 60/year private autopsies to help augment my decreasing income from surgicals

God bless you. I never did one after residency and haven't looked back so I am not even close to your numbers. When I trained, the requirement to graduate was 50 posts (mike is reading this and thinking how he did fifty in under two weeks during his prime in the Navy). When I was in residency, our PA/deaner told me that the requirement used to be 200 back in the day; but, because numbers have declined gradually over the years, the ABP reduced the minimum. I understand doing it for supplemental income though. So as long as you don't mind them, go for it. The thing is autopsies usually don't have a middle ground for most pathologists...either they enjoy them: henceforth, do forensics; or, loathe them: never want to set foot in the morgue again. For private autopsies, if I could charge 3-5K each for an extra 180-300K/yr on top of my general surg path income, I might be able to go into a morgue again...

We are here (I tagged along), though heading out tomorrow. The conference seems pretty intense. I'm surprised more people don't bring family along...it seems set up to make that possible; the hotel is nice and the beach is amazing.

God bless you. I never did one after residency and haven't looked back so I am not even close to your numbers. When I trained, the requirement to graduate was 50 posts (mike is reading this and thinking how he did fifty in under two weeks during his prime in the Navy). When I was in residency, our PA/deaner told me that the requirement used to be 200 back in the day; but, because numbers have declined gradually over the years, the ABP reduced the minimum. I understand doing it for supplemental income though. So as long as you don't mind them, go for it. The thing is autopsies usually don't have a middle ground for most pathologists...either they enjoy them: henceforth, do forensics; or, loathe them: never want to set foot in the morgue again. For private autopsies, if I could charge 3-5K each for an extra 180-300K/yr on top of my general surg path income, I might be able to go into a morgue again...
I actually do not like autopsies but we truly find many unexpected pathologies and causes of death.Our charge averages more like $2,500.The income has helped the decreasing surgical payments in the rural area in which i practice.The we includes my wife who is my PA and who reviews the charts(many 1000-2000 pages) ,does the eviscerations (average 250-300 pounds) and types the final report.I didn't marry her because she was 18 years younger and pretty,but because she did autopsies. :>}