2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point I’m not expecting any miracles to happen to me. Bought all my DO school equipment just now. Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
sorry to those that got post waitlist rejected. i got postII rejected at another state school earlier this year

at this point i’m wondering if them going through the waitlist means anything for us who are still on it. ahhhhh. need this A

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected for this year earlier today. Interviewed 3/10 and waitlisted 5/8. Invited to Bridges program with conditional acceptance for next year. Unsure if I should take it due to acceptance to a DO program. Best of luck to those still holding on!
the program has an 88% success rate and seems very supportive and encouraging. definitely go for it if you love the school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlist movement today folks 🥺 really hoping for some good news for us tonight.

Reactions: 3 users
God bless all of you. I'm moving on with my current A and I hope everyone gets in to a school that makes them happy. May Downstate take care of the rest of y'all waiting for an A!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
is there anything on the checklist that is required for alternates to fill out before July 1?

is there anything on the checklist that is required for alternates to fill out before July 1?
Seems like the citizenship, history & physical, immunizations/ppd/titers are all necessary to do. It's just a day at the doctors getting stuck with needles a bunch lol. There are forms on their health services website.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we have to get the blood titers or can we just submit a copy of our immunization history?
i believe we HAVE to. last year i sent my history in and i was told by them i was missing stuff aka titers then i had to go through the whole process of going back to my doc

when you guys did your titers, drug test, and chem/cbc, did you just tell the lab what you needed and pay out of pocket? and then you upload the results to the portal?

when i’ve done drug tests for companies before, the order is usually provided by a third-party HR. i’m confused

when you guys did your titers, drug test, and chem/cbc, did you just tell the lab what you needed and pay out of pocket? and then you upload the results to the portal?

when i’ve done drug tests for companies before, the order is usually provided by a third-party HR. i’m confused
I went to my doctor for a physical and gave her a copy of all the bloodwork I needed/forms I needed and she ordered them for me. Did not pay out of pocket.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all, my hep B results came back as hep B surface AB >1000. Is that numeric enough?? Or do they need a specific value. I just wanna make sure I am good, just anxious waiting for Student health services to respond.

What drug test?

Hey y’all, my hep B results came back as hep B surface AB >1000. Is that numeric enough?? Or do they need a specific value. I just wanna make sure I am good, just anxious waiting for Student health services to respond.
If it's reported as ">1000" instead of a specific number it's probably because you're above the satisfactory threshold for immunity, but I would look at the lab slip closer to see if it already indicates that.

Is Hep C required for everyone else? It was not on the form but I just got an email saying that I'm missing Hep C titer.

anyone hear anything recently? its been so quiet :(
nada :( i get a little bit of dopamine with each reply from the admissions team for filling out my pre-matric checklist

have i missed any sort of official facebook group or am I buggin out?

have i missed any sort of official facebook group or am I buggin out?
But no one is really posting here. I see much more activity on the Discord and GroupMe. The links are in this thread if you use the search bar.

• Care
does anyone know how the sizing works for white coats? the numbers on the page are a bit confusing. if there are any current students on here, were the coats you picked true to size?

Tell me you're not getting accepted off of the waitlist, without telling me you're not getting accepted off of the waitlist. I'll go first: 🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: 14 users
Got all my medical stuff taken care of today, does anyone know if people on the alternate list are supposed to fill out FAFSA too?

hello! for those on the alternate list, how did you fulfill the proof of USA citizenship? did you just upload your birth certificate? lol I can't seem to find a form

hello! for those on the alternate list, how did you fulfill the proof of USA citizenship? did you just upload your birth certificate? lol I can't seem to find a form
I just submitted a photo of my passport and they accepted it!

• Care
Has anyone had luck getting in contact with admissions over the phone, or is email the only way?

I'm not sure if you guys are calling (718) 270-2446 but they always seem to answer when I call. Not sure if I'm just lucky lol

Hey everyone! For alternates, besides the health stuff which is sent to the health office, do we just upload everything else onto the portal?

Does downstate bother rejecting people off the AL? Or will we just be left in limbo until 5 minutes before the white coat ceremony

How is everyone on the AL doing? As for me, I just cried a lil shelling out $1k to AMCAS... and when did casper turn into a whole suite of exams 🥲

• Care