2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't submitted an update to a program yet, but as a CA resident, this seems like my last hope for a possible II.... going to send an update today! Trying to manifest an II. Good luck to you guys as well!! :)
I feel you :( When did you send your secondary ?

Members don't see this ad.

Just sent an update.... let's see what happens! Completed late Aug

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the update train today lol, was complete mid August

I wonder if they send out II's in a chronological order. At least, it seems like it!

Would it be too much to send multiple updates in different categories? (academic, activities, etc.) The 500 character limit is SO short.

Would it be too much to send multiple updates in different categories? (academic, activities, etc.) The 500 character limit is SO short.
not sure if it's too much or not but I personally submitted an employment update and then a separate academic one. the 500 characters was not enough lol

not sure if it's too much or not but I personally submitted an employment update and then a separate academic one. the 500 characters was not enough lol
okay that’s what i’m thinking. i have grades to send but also activities to update.

Hey y’all! I was accepted back in December and I was wondering if anyone accepted then received their packet yet? And is there an accepted group’s Facebook or GroupMe yet?

Reactions: 1 users
waitlisted :/ interviewed mstp 12/7. Cant tell if the waitlist is mstp or md only though

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/7 for MD PRIME-LC!

• Care
MD WL
Interviewed second week of Jan
Better than an R!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the movement on WL here? Doesnt seem to be much from previous threads

Anyone know the movement on WL here? Doesnt seem to be much from previous threads
Yeah, I also just went through previous threads and contrary to what MSAR says, it does not look like there is much movement :/ I am really struggling with choosing to be considered for deferred acceptance or not because of this!

waitlisted :/ interviewed mstp 12/7. Cant tell if the waitlist is mstp or md only though
The decision in the portal is for the md only

Last edited:
Accepted earlier today. I got the call around 11 am PST. Interviewed 12/7, and for LEAD-ABC as well. I was told we should be hearing back about LEAD in the next month or so. I hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted earlier today. I got the call around 11 am PST. Interviewed 12/7, and for LEAD-ABC as well. I was told we should be hearing back about LEAD in the next month or so. I hope this helps!
ahh congrats!!! This was v helpful

Hey y’all! I was accepted back in December and I was wondering if anyone accepted then received their packet yet? And is there an accepted group’s Facebook or GroupMe yet?
I received my packet by mail about a month after my acceptance, and I was wondering the same thing about a group!

I have one on 2/11 so that's one for sure
There was one today. I think I remember there being an interview the week of the 25th but I don't quite remember. I do remember there being 3 different dates in February when I signed up.

When did you receive the II for February interviews? Also are they scheduling into March?
I don’t recall seeing a March date (not to say there isn’t one though). I think they only show three dates at a time. I received my II on 1/25 I think. It was pretty recent

When did you receive the II for February interviews? Also are they scheduling into March?
I received mine Jan 25th, I did not see any options for March but that might just be because they only do one month at a time not really sure

Just got the call! Interviewed 2nd week of January!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hey all! So I received an ii for the end of feb and have a few things I want to update in my app. The 500 character limit is sooo short and since I have an II I was wondering if they accept any additional updates/communication after the interview? Does anyone who already interviewed have any info on this? Or did they just say to put it in the portal? Additionally, should I update before or after my interview? Thanks!

Hey all! So I received an ii for the end of feb and have a few things I want to update in my app. The 500 character limit is sooo short and since I have an II I was wondering if they accept any additional updates/communication after the interview? Does anyone who already interviewed have any info on this? Or did they just say to put it in the portal? Additionally, should I update before or after my interview? Thanks!
I updated my app in the portal and then received an ii so I think updating before is fine!

I have a quick question, why am I receiving Scholarship and financial aids emails even though I have not received an II?

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if there’s an accepted student Facebook and/or GroupMe?

Has anyone heard back from the MSTP recently?

To those accepted, did y’all receive an invite to apply for a merit scholarship? I just got an email about this today. Just wondering how many of these scholarships UCI gives out every year!

Has anyone who has been accepted yet heard anything about next steps? So far I have only received my background check, but nothing else. Also, does anyone know if there has been a group made for accepted students yet or any word about a second look day? Thanks in advance!

• Sad
I was about to give up hope on this school and I received a secondary invite this morning. Is there even a point of completing it now or is it just a money grab?

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users