2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lmao what? I have an acceptance tho.
Hm that's strange. Try logging onto your secondary portal and go to communications to see if they sent it to you there. It may have not been sent to your email or got lost. That's what happened to me with another school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
truly lol. it's hard to focus on my re-app since i'm still holding out hope for this school!
Sorry to hear that. I was in that situation 3 years ago. Ended up having to take a gap year in between but it ultimately worked out. Don’t rush the re-app if you don’t have to.

Do you know when the next calls will go out? If there are more calls coming that is ;_;

Do you know when the next calls will go out? If there are more calls coming that is ;_;
Have no idea. More calls will be made though. I feel it’ll be in waves because they have to give time for those who were called to decide. The waves will obviously be significant smaller as time goes on though...

Have no idea. More calls will be made though. I feel it’ll be in waves because they have to give time for those who were called to decide. The waves will obviously be significant smaller as time goes on though...
How long does someone given an A off the WL have to make a decision?

How long does someone given an A off the WL have to make a decision?
It differs from school to school. It can be 48 hours or up to 5 days. I believe that window gets smaller the closer you get to the CTE date... but this is all speculation since I don’t know anything about USC’s policies.

Hm that's strange. Try logging onto your secondary portal and go to communications to see if they sent it to you there. It may have not been sent to your email or got lost. That's what happened to me with another school.
Nada

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have any idea how many more people Keck will be admitting off the WL?

It seems there is now a trend of calls coming on Tuesdays. And in general, calls are made around 1pm ish. It's so hard to focus on reapp when i'm still having hope on getting off the WI for this school

Reactions: 1 users
It seems there is now a trend of calls coming on Tuesdays. And in general, calls are made around 1pm ish. It's so hard to focus on reapp when i'm still having hope on getting off the WI for this school
Hoping next Tuesday brings us that much awaited A

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Post II R this afternoon. Time to cram my PS I guess lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yes they said the class is full
Kind of strange for them to say the class is full before the CTE deadline.

EDIT: if the class was full then those who sent LOIs should have gotten the rejection too then.

Kind of strange for them to say the class is full before the CTE deadline.

EDIT: if the class was full then those who sent LOIs should have gotten the rejection too then.
I sent an LOI and I got the email for post II R as well

just got the rejection a couple of minutes ago. good luck to you all still on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear that :( Did the email have any mentions of how the class is full etc? If so, would you mind posting it?
Here is the email:

Dear [Applicant],

We are happy to have met you this interview cycle and hope that you also enjoyed your interview day with us. I am writing to let you know, however, that the incoming class has been filled and thus I must vacate your position on the waitlist.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for applying to USC.

Sincerely,

Raquel D. Arias, M.D.

Here is the email:

Dear [Applicant],

We are happy to have met you this interview cycle and hope that you also enjoyed your interview day with us. I am writing to let you know, however, that the incoming class has been filled and thus I must vacate your position on the waitlist.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for applying to USC.

Sincerely,

Raquel D. Arias, M.D.
Thank you!!

Well if the incoming class has been filled, then it's just a matter of time until the rest of the WL people get the R

Well if the incoming class has been filled, then it's just a matter of time until the rest of the WL people get the R
I doubt they have 100% of accepted students CTE’d. There’s probably still hope, but chances are extremely slim of coming off of the waitlist.

Does anyone know if they're doing deferrals like last year? I read that there were those who were accepted for the year after bc there weren't anymore spots.

Does anyone know if they're doing deferrals like last year? I read that there were those who were accepted for the year after bc there weren't anymore spots.
I'm unsure! I think last year when they did deferrals it was probably a bit of a surprise, so if it happens again this year it'll probably be a bit of a surprise too! I think it may also depend how interested they are in the candidates who are on the WL after the class is for sure full.

For a data point for those speculating, I am PTE and not CTE yet, so they must mean tentatively full (ie +/- 180 students PTE'd or CTE'd)

Reactions: 2 users
For a data point for those speculating, I am PTE and not CTE yet, so they must mean tentatively full (ie +/- 180 students PTE'd or CTE'd)

Just curious, do you have any idea how many others are in your position? Also where are you waitlisted that might make you jump ship?

I am SHAKING! I just got the call at 2:30pm for a deferred acceptance (or 1st seat available for August), whichever happens is guaranteed should I choose! I was initially called while retaking my Casper, but I got to speak with Dean Arias afterwards!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have a rough sense of how many deferred admissions have been offered in past years? You could go by reported from last year and make an estimate of reporting rate too, I suppose.

I got the deferred admission too!!! So happy!! See you in next years class starryfish! (if youre still in a deferred position by august that is)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Dr. Arias called me as well with the possibility of getting in this year! Otherwise next year for sure… did anyone else who got the call get an email yet? I am anxiously waiting

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I got the deferred admission too!!! So happy!! See you in next years class starryfish! (if youre still in a deferred position by august that is)
Dr. Arias called me as well with the possibility of getting in this year! Otherwise next year for sure… did anyone else who got the call get an email yet? I am anxiously waiting

OMG YAY!!!
From my conversation with her, it seems like we just email and let her know if we would like to take this offer basically whenever??? Hahaha so I'm not sure if she will email us anything

OMG YAY!!!
From my conversation with her, it seems like we just email and let her know if we would like to take this offer basically whenever??? Hahaha so I'm not sure if she will email us anything
Yes, you can email her anytime before 7/8/21, which is the CTE deadline. You will get an email telling you've been accepted and will tell you the next steps on what to do. Accepting it doesnt withdraw you from this years class if a spot appears.

• Love
Also got the call about the deferred acceptance (or potential for this year's class)!! Congrats y'all!! So excited to be classmates with y'all!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users