2020 Compilation Commit to Enroll Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK INFORMATION AND ADD CORRECTIONS IF YOU SEE THEM :)
I figured I would get this one started for the coming year as I saw they did this last year! Below we can list the CTE dates for the schools as we learn about them as these will likely dictate a lot of waitlist movement :)
Albany: 7/8
Albert Einstein: 7/17
Baylor: 6/30
Boston University: 7/19
Brody (ECU): 7/13Brown: 7/13
California Northstate: ?
Carle Illinois: 6/8
Case Western: 6/15
Central Michigan: 4/30
Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine FAU: 6/1
Chicago Medical School (RFU): ? ( 7/12 last year)
Columbia: ? (7/22 last year)
Cooper: 4/30 (students are requested to hold only one acceptance)
Creighton: 7/8
Drexel: 7/15
Duke: 6/15
East Tennessee (Quillen): 6/22
EVMS: 7/18
Emory: 6/30
FIU: 6/15
FSU: 4/30
Geisel (Dartmouth): 7/1
Geisinger: 21 days prior to matriculation (July something)
GWU: ?
Georgetown: 6/15
Hackensack-Meridian Seton Hall: ?
Harvard: 6/3
Hofstra: 7/1
Howard: 4/30
Icahn Mt. Sinai: 7/15
Indiana: 7/13
Jacobs UBuffalo: 7/13
JHU: 7/22
Kaiser Permanente: 4/30
Keck USC: 7/8
LKSOM Temple: 7/1
Loma Linda: 7/9
LSU New Orleans: 7/1
LSU Shreveport: 7/5
Loyola Stritch: 6/1
Marshall: 6/22
Mayo: 6/29
McGovern UT Houston: ?
Medical College of Georgia (MCG): 7/1
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW): 7/13
MUSC: 6/24
Meharry: ?
Mercer: ?
Morehouse: 6/8
NYMC: 7/6
NYU: 7/20
NYU-LI: 6/29
NEOMED: ?
Northwestern: 7/8
Nova Southeastern: 5/31
OUWB: 7/15
OSU: 7/13
OHSU: 7/20
Pennsylvania State: 4/30 (tentatively)
Perelman UPenn: 21 days prior to orientation
Quinnipiac: 7/6
Renaissance Stony Brook: ? (7/15 last year)
Robert Larner Vermont: 7/20
Rush: 7/1
Rutgers NJMS: 7/6
Rutgers RWJMS: 7/10
SLU: 7/5
SKMS Jefferson: 7/1
SIU: 4/30 (tentatively)
Stanford: must PTE by April 30... CTE ?
SUNY Downstate: 7/15
SUNY Upstate: 7/16
TCU UNTHSC: 6/1
Texas A&M: ?
Texas Tech (TTUHSC): 4/30
UTHSC San Antonio Long School of Medicine: ?
University of Toledo: 7/10
Tufts: 5/30
Tulane: ? (no CTE last year)
Uniformed Services University: 4/30
University of Alabama: 7/6
University of Arizona Tucson: 4/30
University of Arizona Phoenix: 4/30
University of Arkansas:?
UC Davis: ? (21 days prior to matriculation last year)
UC Irvine: 7/15
UCLA: 6/1
UC Riverside: 5/15
UC San Diego: 4/30
UCSF: 7/3UCF: 7/6
UChicago Pritzker: 7/17
University of Cincinnati: 7/13
University of Colorado: ?
University of Connecticut: 6/15
University of Florida: 7/10
University of Hawaii: ?
University of Illinois: 7/1
University of Iowa: ? (7/22 last year)
University of Kansas: 7/1
University of Kentucky: 4/30
University of Louisville: 5/15 (encouraged)
University of Maryland: 4/30
University of Massachusetts: 7/15
University of Miami: 6/14
University of Michigan: 6/9
University of Minnesota: 8/3? (or 4/30
)University of Mississippi: 7/17
University of Missouri-Columbia: ?
University of Missouri-Kansas City: ?
University of Nebraska: ?
University of Nevada Las Vegas: ?
University of Nevada Reno: 7/14
University of New Mexico: 6/22
University of North Carolina: 7/10
University of North Dakota: 7/15
University of Oklahoma: 4/30
University of Pittsburgh: 7/17
University of Rochester: 7/15
University of South Alabama: 7/8
University of South Carolina: ?
University of South Carolina-Greenville: 6/22
University of South Dakota: 6/29
University of Tennessee: 7/20
UT Austin Dell: TMDSAS guidelines
UTMB: TMDSAS guidelines
UTRGV: 5/15
UT Southwestern: 4/30?
University of Utah: 4/30
University of Virginia: 7/1
University of Washington: 7/11
University of Wisconsin: 6/1
USF: 4/30
Vanderbilt: 7/1
VCU: 7/30
Virginia Tech: 4/30
Wake Forest: 21 days prior to orientation
Washington State: 4/30
WashU St. Louis: 7/27
Wayne State: ? (6/24 last year)
Weill Cornell: 6/30
West Virginia University: 4/30
Western Michigan: 7/6
Wright State: 6/15
Yale: 7/15

("By selecting "Commit to Enroll," I am indicating that I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions. I understand that it is my responsibility to communicate my withdrawal and acceptance decisions with medical schools directly and to follow their school-specific processes to withdraw my application(s) or confirm my acceptance. Selecting "Commit to Enroll" is not an appropriate method of withdrawing applications from other medical school(s), including any which have offered me an acceptance. Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which applicants have selected “Commit to Enroll” at their institution. I acknowledge and understand the Choose Your Medical School option I have selected above, my responsibilities of direct communication with the medical schools, and the importance of following school-specific application policies and processes.")
what can med schools see?
  • Feb. 19: Medical schools can run an aggregate report to find out how many applicants in their pool have selected “Plan to Enroll” at their school versus another school.*
  • April 30: Medical schools can run detailed reports to identify accepted and alternate-list applicants who have selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” at their school versus another school.
  • Post-cycle: Medical schools can see where applicants in their pool matriculated (released in October of the matriculating year).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
edited to add - TCU (4/30), FSU (4/30), Cooper (4/30), NYU-LI (6/29), Wisconsin (6/1), Cincinnati (7/13)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good stuff, thanks @limeyguydr. What does it mean for schools to be bolded?
their CTE date is 4/30 which is the day CTE becomes available. It means they're not screwing around and those schools really don't want to play any games with waitlist movement.

oh damn, thanks. Thought I had quite a bit longer to make a decision than I actually do.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
oh damn, thanks. Thought I had quite a bit longer to make a decision than I actually do.
no problem. Yeah, depending on where you're accepted, you might be making a final decision earlier than anticipated. I was surprised at the number of schools that have a 4/30 CTE date

Reactions: 1 users
All applicants please note
1) failure to adhere to CTE dates and requirements (which may include withdrawing from all waitlists depending school), can result in having acceptance rescinded without notice
2) no school is required to provide any financial aid info prior to CTE. You may have to decide CTE without this info
3) do not wait until last minute. If something has deadline of 4/30 assume it means START OF THE DAY. Do not assume that you have until midnight as a school may have dropped you during business hours
4) do not screw around with these dates somehow hoping that WL from your dream school will come thru. If you lose an acceptance you have no recourse

All of this is very true. I was told at multiple interviews they had rescinded acceptances last year because people failed to follow the guidelines. If the school you intend to attend has a CTE date in July, you can remain PTE there until that date, correct?

Yes you can stay on PTE until CTE. But do not screw around with dates. I know of one student who had CTE date that landed on a weekend and assume he had until Monday. System automatically dropped him on Sunday
so once I CTE do I have to formally email each other school that I've been admitted to/placed on the wl and withdraw/beg them to hurry up and take me off of the wl lol?

so once I CTE do I have to formally email each other school that I've been admitted to/placed on the wl and withdraw/beg them to hurry up and take me off of the wl lol?
lmao - yeah you should send them an email and withdraw on their portal if that's an option.

lmao - yeah you should send them an email and withdraw on their portal if that's an option.
i get that this is a good problem to have but damn does this process suck. Like would it kill them to let us hear back from each other school and receive fin/merit aid offers before we finalize our decisions

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
edit: Stanford CTE is not 4/30. If you find the date or know it, let me know!

edit: Stanford CTE is not 4/30. If you find the date or know it, let me know!
Without doing all the legwork, I'd be willing to bet a lot of those 4/30 dates are PTE, not CTE!! Cooper stands out just based on how you wrote it!!

It's easy to confuse a school's requirement to hold only one acceptance (PTE) with a requirement to make a binding, non-revocable commitment to that school (CTE) based on the non-specific language they use on their websites. I would, however, be careful about posting stuff like this without being sure, because someone might make a decision relying on what might be bad information.

P.S. You deserve two thumbs up for starting the thread and doing the work to compile the list. I'm sorry for proving the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished! :)

Last edited:
Without doing all the legwork, I'd be willing to bet a lot of those 4/30 dates are PTE, not CTE!! Cooper stands out just based on how you wrote it!!

It's easy to confuse a school's requirement to hold only one acceptance (PTE) with a requirement to make a binding, non-revocable commitment to that school (CTE) based on the non-specific language they use on their websites. I would, however, be careful about posting stuff like this without being sure, because someone might make a decision relying on what might be bad information.

P.S. You deserve two thumbs up for starting the thread and doing the work to compile the list. I'm sorry for proving the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished! :)
I totally get it - if MSAR was incorrect, or I was incorrect, I'm more than willing to change the information. Additionally, I do not mind deleting all of the content in the post and people can compile it themselves if they want 100% accuracy :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally get it - if MSAR was incorrect, or I was incorrect, I'm more than willing to change the information. Additionally, I do not mind deleting all of the content in the post and people can compile it themselves if they want 100% accuracy :)
No -- I think everyone appreciates the effort, and I'm sure MSAR is not incorrect. I just think it's easy to confuse the 4/30 PTE deadline with a requirement to select CTE, and we have to be careful not to post inaccurate information.

No -- I think everyone appreciates the effort, and I'm sure MSAR is not incorrect. I just think it's easy to confuse the 4/30 PTE deadline with a requirement to select CTE, and we have to be careful not to post inaccurate information.
You say that in a condescending manner, though

• Hmm

I think you may have a point. I will add though that that is not what PTE means. At least that isn’t what it meant last year. From my understanding, PTE simply means you plan to attend (if nothing better comes along, so to speak) you can hold more than acceptance and your WLs. CTE is where you drop your other acceptances and waitlists.

I think you may have a point. I will add though that that is not what PTE means. At least that isn’t what it meant last year. From my understanding, PTE simply means you plan to attend (if nothing better comes along, so to speak) you can hold more than acceptance and your WLs. CTE is where you drop your other acceptances and waitlists.
No -- before 4/30, PTE is what you suggest, which is, at the end of the day, nothing, since you can still hold multiple As. After 4/30, you can only PTE at one school but CANNOT hold other As, while you remain on WLs waiting for the CTE date to roll around. At that point, it literally means "Plan to Enroll" unless you receive a better WL offer. PTE with multiple other As means nothing.

Last edited:
You say that in a condescending manner, though
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound condescending or diminish the value of your effort. But you posted a list with many CTE deadlines that are probably not accurate, so what should I say?

You picked up generic language that described how PTE works after 4/30 and assumed it meant CTE. I gave you an out, because the language is vague and lots of people still don't understand how it works. If that's condescending, I'm sorry. How about this -- maybe don't publish CTE dates unless you have a source that specifically references CTE. It doesn't matter to me, because I would never take anything posted here as gospel. I'm just trying to be helpful.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
MSAR is probably incorrect/not up-to-date for some schools, and they have a disclaimer to follow up with individual schools "for complete information"

Using Stanford as an example; this information is available without a subscription. Per last year's thread, reportedly their CTE was 7/19/19.

@limeyguydr: would you be able to annotate and re-post the original list if the dates came from MSAR vs. other sources? Definitely appreciate having an updated list in one place.

1577923112054.png

• Love
Because MSAR isn’t fully updated and @KnightDoc wasn’t pleased by false info spreading, I have deleted all of the dates. I encourage you to look them up where you are accepted and figure out what you need to do.
I AM sorry for not allowing a good deed to go unpunished, but, honestly, this is what everyone should be doing anyway. :)

• Love
  • Okay...
MSAR is probably incorrect/not up-to-date for some schools, and they have a disclaimer to follow up with individual schools "for complete information"

Using Stanford as an example; this information is available without a subscription. Per last year's thread, reportedly their CTE was 7/19/19.

View attachment 291380
Apparently I stand corrected on the accuracy of MSAR! :)

While this only affects a small % of applicants, people sitting on WLs might not have access to the PTE/CTE information. Having a centralized (and hopefully up-to-date) list can help decide timing of updates and LOIs.
I AM sorry for not allowing a good deed to go unpunished, but, honestly, this is what everyone should be doing anyway. :)

While this only affects a small % of applicants, people sitting on WLs might not have access to the PTE/CTE information. Having a centralized (and hopefully up-to-date) list can help decide timing of updates and LOIs.
With all due respect, PTE/CTE deadlines are not relevant to people on WLs -- they have no deadline because they have no As to respond to. What's the value of delaying any correspondence to just before a deadline? Don't you think schools make decisions on who they are going to pull off WLs, and in what order, well before they actually do it?

In any event, if you still think this information is important, it is better sourced directly from the school as opposed to a (hopefully accurate) post on SDN.

With all due respect, people on WLs can hold As elsewhere, and it does matter whether their WL school CTE is before or after their A school.

With all due respect, PTE/CTE deadlines are not relevant to people on WLs -- they have no deadline because they have no As to respond to. What's the value of delaying any correspondence to just before a deadline? Don't you think schools make decisions on who they are going to pull off WLs, and in what order, well before they actually do it?

Reactions: 3 users
With all due respect, people on WLs can hold As elsewhere, and it does matter whether their WL school CTE is before or after their A school.
Yes, they can hold one A after 4/30, and they would certainly know when that CTE deadline is without having to refer to a compilation on SDN. I thought you were referring to CTE deadlines at their WL schools to time updates and LOIs there.

Of course it matters when WL CTE dates are relative to the A CTE date, but that's because you have to withdraw from WLs after the A CTE date. Timing of updates and LOIs has nothing to do with it. Those should be sent before WL decisions are made as opposed to when they are communicated , and nobody really knows when that is, so they should go ASAP! While a CTE deadline at a given school is certainly a trigger for a burst of WL activity, there is WL activity throughout the cycle, so there is no reason to time an update or LOI by a CTE date.

Last edited:
No -- before 4/30, PTE is what you suggest, which is, at the end of the day, nothing, since you can still hold multiple As. After 4/30, you can only PTE at one school but CANNOT hold other As, while you remain on WLs waiting for the CTE date to roll around. At that point, it literally means "Plan to Enroll" unless you receive a better WL offer. PTE with multiple other As means nothing.

Again, I’m basing this on last cycle so forgive me if what I am saying is outdated (I’ll look it up after this post). So, you could only ever PTE at one school at a time. The part where we disagree is regarding PTE after 4/30 it seems. *EDIT* you right, you right :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Again, I’m basing this on last cycle so forgive me if what I am saying is outdated (I’ll look it up after this post). So, you could only ever PTE at one school at a time. The part where we disagree is regarding PTE after 4/30 it seems. *EDIT* you right, you right :)
No, the system will actually allow you to PTE at any and all schools at which you have an A. The rules say you have to limit to one after 4/30. Prior to that, you could use it to your heart's content, with no consequence, since schools can't see what you are doing at other schools until a report becomes available to them after 4/30.

No, the system will actually allow you to PTE at any and all schools at which you have an A. The rules say you have to limit to one after 4/30. Prior to that, you could use it to your heart's content, with no consequence, since schools can't see what you are doing at other schools until a report becomes available to them after 4/30.

The website says applicants can only select one school at a time (yes, you can change it. Is that what you’re saying?). There wouldn’t be a point to PTE at more than one at the same time (if that were possible). It’s would be the same as not using the tool at all, haha, right?

• Hmm
The website says applicants can only select one school at a time (yes, you can change it. Is that what you’re saying?). There wouldn’t be a point to PTE at more than one at the same time (if that were possible). It’s would be the same as not using the tool at all, haha, right?
You might be correct, but that's not how I am reading the following from the AMCAS CYMS website:

Beginning Feb. 19, applicants holding one or more acceptance offers can select “Plan to Enroll” in the AMCAS application at any school from which they have received an acceptance offer. Making this selection allows schools to view in aggregate the number of applicants who selected “Plan to Enroll” for their schools.
  • Until April 30, applicants can, at the time they make this selection, continue to hold other acceptances, remain on alternate lists, and continue to interview at other schools.

• If applicants receive new offers, they can update their selection at any time, but they can select only one school at a time.

• A school will only be able to see the aggregate number of their applicants who have selected that school or another school in the AMCAS tool to assist them with their enrollment management.

• If an applicant selects “Plan to Enroll” at another school, AMCAS will not identify the applicant or the other school.
Plan to Enroll – prior to April 30

Plan to Enroll: I have preliminarily selected this medical school as the one I plan to attend in accordance with Protocol 9 of the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants.

Medical schools can only see aggregate information until April 30th and will not know which applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school or at other schools.

I am reading this to mean you can go wild from 2/19 through 4/30, because it doesn't mean anything other than you are letting each school you select know, in a non-binding manner, that you plan to enroll. Isn't that the same as giving them the refundable deposits? I do see the "one" language, but I think it's just a suggestion before 4/30.

Protocol 9:
Out of respect for other applicants, if you receive an offer of acceptance from more than one school or program:
  1. Withdraw your acceptance from any school or program you do not plan to attend as soon as you have made that decision;
  2. On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
  3. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs.

In fact, I think the best practice is to not make any selection prior to 4/30, unless you have totally made up your mind, because there is no requirement to do so. And this doesn't mean it's okay to tie up seats you know you will not be using, but it's perfectly acceptable not to select PTE before 4/30 if you are still waiting to hear from schools.

Quite frankly, it's the inconsistency between the protocols, which are entirely voluntary, and the CYMS tool, whose use and requirements vary from school to school, that creates all the ambiguity and confusion!! :)

Last edited:
  • Hmm

I applaud your efforts to ensure that accurate and relevant information is posted on the forums. Thank you!! :)

• Hmm
  • Love
  • Haha
I’m grateful for everyone on SDN who complies data, starts relevant and informative threads, shares articles and podcasts. I’ll take away what I need, but remembering that free info is not guaranteed to be 100% infallible. That’s OK. Besides, I need something to pass the hours of waiting now that fantasy football is over!

I would try the school websites and their communications to you after being accepted. MSAR does not provide this info for every school.
and some schools don't have it on MSAR or their website which makes it even more fun