2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long we think those letters will take to get to georgia?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my acceptance in the mail today in southern Indiana! No portal update or email yet. I was starting to lose hope as well! It didn’t show anything in Informed Delivery. The A’s are still coming!!
Congrats!! If you don’t mind, could you share your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we haven’t heard yet should we assume we are either waitlisted or rejected?

Reactions: 3 users
So if we haven’t heard yet should we assume we are either waitlisted or rejected?
I think so, since everyone's saying this was the last month for only acceptances to be handed out. Next month they'll start handing out either waitlists or rejections.

Reactions: 1 users
I think so, since everyone's saying this was the last month for only acceptances to be handed out. Next month they'll start handing out either waitlists or rejections.
If there's interest, I can follow-up if I receive email/portal change so you all know the end of this March wave.

Reactions: 6 users
If there's interest, I can follow-up if I receive email/portal change so you all know the end of this March wave.
Would appreciate that fam, thank you 🙏. At this point I'm prepping to reapply just in case lol, but it would be nice to know when emails/portal updates are finally sent out this month

Over the last 3 months there have been 9 reported A's. That may seem like a decent amount, but considering the school only sends out RD acceptances 5 months of the year (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar), that seems very low...especially for the biggest MD school in the country. Really hope there isn't a massive waitlist.

Over the last 3 months there have been 9 reported A's. That may seem like a decent amount, but considering the school only sends out RD acceptances 5 months of the year (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar), that seems very low...especially for the biggest MD school in the country. Really hope there isn't a massive waitlist.
True, but keep in mind SDN isn't the most accurate means of keeping track how many were accepted. I'm sure things are going all according to plan for IU, and that the waitlist will top off at 100 as usual.

I gotta say, Indiana's snail mail based admissions system has me incredibly amused

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Haven’t gotten anything and nothing on informed delivery

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in state? that would help us to determine whether or not the mail has reached certain parts of the country yet.
Nope. Don't want to dox myself, but I am several states away

Did anybody ever hear back from UMP?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone with a mcat score below 510 gotten accepted?

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted with a 506, I retook it in January to get a 511 but was accepted before it was scored.
If you have <510 you should definitely retake it, I have no words for why I got in. I have no idea why I was accepted, and would love to know what the admissions meetings are like cause none of this makes sense.

i know someone with a 508 who got accepted! i wouldn't worry too much if you received an interview bc if I highly doubt they would've sent an invite to someone who they didn't think had what it took to succeed in med school

also, keep in mind that the "510 mcat" is an AVERAGE and not a cutoff; a quick look at msar shows that people who scored below that still got accepted

If you have <510 you should definitely retake it, I have no words for why I got in. I have no idea why I was accepted, and would love to know what the admissions meetings are like cause none of this makes sense.
When did you interview?

I was accepted with low 500. But I’m IS, have 1000s of clinical hours and other experiences, and did well on casper (not sure how important casper is though)

I was accepted with low 500. But I’m IS, have 1000s of clinical hours and other experiences, and did well on casper (not sure how important casper is though)
I was bottom quartile for casper so i dont think it holds any weight

Has anyone who interviewed in mid-February or later received their decision?

When do waitlist emails go out?
Nobody knows for sure, but I would imagine some time late April. Last year they went out mid-late April and they trickled out for a couple weeks I think? Last cycle they also sent acceptances by email though so who knows what will happen lol

Reactions: 5 users
It's not a fun thing to be kept in limbo, but hopefully good news soon...
🙏🤞

• Care
I was under the impression that post-II Rs go out in May? Should we expect Rs this month?

Has anyone received the scholarship from the Month of March? I know that they were sending out the last spots but I havent heard anyone receiving it yet.

• Sad
Has anyone received the scholarship from the Month of March? I know that they were sending out the last spots but I havent heard anyone receiving it yet.
Received merit based scholarship (ORM, IS) notification yesterday, April 7, via email at 6:07 p.m.! Then I received another email this morning saying that since I received a scholarship, I was able to get my #1 campus placement. So surprised to get my campus placement today since they said it would release in May. Very hyped, hope others are receiving good news as well!:D

as expected, received the post-II R right now
Interviewed 2/9

• Care
  • Sad
as expected, received the post-II R right now
Interviewed 2/9
Sorry to hear that man. I've seen you on a few other posts I'm following, so I'm glad to know you got a few more A's under your belt. Do you mind sharing if this was over an email or the mail? I'm worried that I am going to get a hand delivered rejection by my poor mail man.

Sorry to hear that man. I've seen you on a few other posts I'm following, so I'm glad to know you got a few more A's under your belt. Do you mind sharing if this was over an email or the mail? I'm worried that I am going to get a hand delivered rejection by my poor mail man.

it was over email , and thank you bro, I appreciate you.

For regular decision? Sorry about the R though, hoping for the best for you!
Yes it was for regular decision