2021-2022 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed beginning of December and I’m feelin REAL anxious for this decision… 😬

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email from the admissions office stating that they're a bit behind on post-II decisions and we should be hearing back in the next several weeks! I interviewed on 12/15

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else have a short interview (~25 minutes) and receive an A? My interviewer seemed really busy and wanted to wrap up quickly. I hope that’s not a bad sign

The wait is killing me. I thought I received a decision but it was just the decision delay

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. Complete September

• Love
Is there a place on the portal to Withdraw or do I need to email the admissions office?
I just withdrew here and I just sent an email to the adcoms via the portal. They responded to me a day later with confirmation

Every time Rochester emails me I get excited for a decision only to see it’s another pop-up cafe 🙄🙄

• Haha
Has anyone been able to reach this school's admission office either through phone or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the group discussion is evaluated
Pretty sure it is but it’s nothing to stress over! Just actively listen to what other people say and then try to chime in once or so. There were people who tried to hog the conversation time and tried to act like “know-it-alls” while interrupting others during mine and it was definitely not a good look. Pretty sure I only spoke once and got the A!

Pretty sure it is but it’s nothing to stress over! Just actively listen to what other people say and then try to chime in once or so. There were people who tried to hog the conversation time and tried to act like “know-it-alls” while interrupting others during mine and it was definitely not a good look. Pretty sure I only spoke once and got the A!
This comment made me feel sm better about my group discussion because the same thing happened lol. Felt like I could barely squeeze my two brief comments in with so many other people dominating the conversation :rofl:

Does it look bad if we take our time submitting the pre-int prompts or should we do them ASAP?

Does it look bad if we take our time submitting the pre-int prompts or should we do them ASAP?
Think you're fine taking your time - keep in mind that this is all your interviewers will know about you.

It's been almost six weeks since my interview. I was wondering when others have received a decision post-interview and if I should expect one at all in this two week window. Thanks!

It's been almost six weeks since my interview. I was wondering when others have received a decision post-interview and if I should expect one at all in this two week window. Thanks!
They sent an email to people who interviewed before Christmas break that they’re behind on decisions. Not sure for your case but it may be delayed as well.

It's been ~ 9 weeks for me! I would imagine sometime within the next two weeks would be a reasonable expectation, but with that delay email they sent out, I would not be surprised if it's sometime march

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all do you think it's worth it to go to the pathways pop up cafe?

Hey y'all do you think it's worth it to go to the pathways pop up cafe?
I used to be really gung ho about attending these sessions but then I got WL and stopped going lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve never attended one and was accepted so I think it’s more for you to learn about their program vs. showing that you are interested in them

Are these available to those who have received an II only?
I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say so! Until I got my II, I only received an email sometime in November telling me they're still reviewing apps

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say so! Until I got my II, I only received an email sometime in November telling me they're still reviewing apps I didn’t get an II and I didn’t receive any emails.
Okay, thanks! I didn’t have an II and I didn’t receive any emails.

Withdrew my A…hope it goes to one of y’all! Best of luck!! 🤞🏻

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone have an idea of when they will be meeting to discuss any acceptances? Or when acceptances will be released soon? Interviewed in early January.

Anyone known when WL movememt usually starts here if at all, and if there's a high priority wait list or just a single WL

Do yall think the timeframe posted on Rochesters website is accurate? It states that all II decisions will be complete by March 1, however I interviewed at the beginning of December but have yet to receive a decision.

Editted to provide link.
Ooooo I hope so. Interviewed Feb 1 and have been so eager to hear back, but I thought they told me to expect a decision within 6-8 weeks..

Do yall think the timeframe posted on Rochesters website is accurate? It states that all II decisions will be complete by March 1, however I interviewed at the beginning of December but have yet to receive a decision.

Editted to provide link.
I doubt it. I also interviewed early December. If they haven’t made a decision in 11 weeks I doubt they’ll make it by next week lol

Editted to provide link.
I think it means they stop sending out interviews by March 1st. If you look at the box next to it, it says they interview until March 15.

• Care
I think it means they stop sending out interviews by March 1st. If you look at the box next to it, it says they interview until March 15.
Ahh and thats why my CARS score was not the highest. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Does Rochester hold class seats until their full interview season is over? Or is a late interview date a WL outcome? Interviewing next week

interviewed early December and I am dying to hear back ☹️☹️☹️ Any leads on when the next round of decisions could be?

Major post-II decision wave here last year on March 1... soon

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!

Does anybody know if they send Rs/WLs same day. Or if they roll As or send all at once

Does anyone know when scholarship notifications/financial aid will go out?

Has anyone heard back who interviewed mid-January?