2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1!
Damn, I just went on last year's thread, and man, oh man. They started accepting people (2 students, lol) off the APS in June and July. I hope the WL movement is not that slow this year, but we will see.
I just saw this and it is making me really nervous! I am grateful for APS but the waiting never stops!!!!:rofl::rofl: Is there any way to know the percentage of students on APS who are able to matriculate in the same year?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
+1!

I just saw this and it is making me really nervous! I am grateful for APS but the waiting never stops!!!!:rofl::rofl: Is there any way to know the percentage of students on APS who are able to matriculate in the same year?
Thats a good question that only RVUCOM admissions can answer. Can you take one for the team and email them lol :rofl::rofl:

APS email today as well. Will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, I'm going to be applying to RVU this upcoming cycle as a non-URM OOS. This is my first-choice DO, so I was wondering what my prospective chances are (or how I can improve my chances). Stats are 3.73c/509 (Low CARS).

Thanks.

Hey y'all, I'm going to be applying to RVU this upcoming cycle as a non-URM OOS. This is my first-choice DO, so I was wondering what my prospective chances are (or how I can improve my chances). Stats are 3.73c/509 (Low CARS).

Thanks.
I would apply, shoot your shot! I got in with a lower MCAT than yours and I'm a CA applicant. Looking at previous threads and from my own application I do think RVU really values clinical experience so make sure you have a good amount of hours under your belt :)

Thanks.
I know I'm rather late with this post, but I wouldn't worry too much about your low CARS score. I have a friend who is a current first-year (non-URM) student and she was accepted. My biggest advice is to apply early and attend their workshops. They provide excellent advise on how to prepare your application.

That was the placement rate, and I believe so. The complete list of matches is on the RVU website for both campuses.

RVU match 98.2% is that both campuses combined?
I believe that was Colorado specifically (current 4th year there). I don't know Utah. They posted our match lists separately (thankfully).

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know if there were any current students that could answer my questions. I was wondering what areas, neighborhoods, apartment complexes most students live in? Also is there a picture of a daily schedule or breakdown for the day? I understand there are morning lectures which are optional now with zoom, but wanted to know how often labs are. I am trying to decide how close to live to school since my s/o wants to live near the city. Thanks

Hey y’all I’m a current first year looking for a roommate for next year. My current lease ends in June and I’m looking to move into a new 2 BR apartment this July. I know we have a FB housing group, but I figured I might as well ask here first. DM me if you’re interested :)

I didn't know if there were any current students that could answer my questions. I was wondering what areas, neighborhoods, apartment complexes most students live in? Also is there a picture of a daily schedule or breakdown for the day? I understand there are morning lectures which are optional now with zoom, but wanted to know how often labs are. I am trying to decide how close to live to school since my s/o wants to live near the city. Thanks
Current second year. You really can't go wrong with any of the places near campus. Some people commute from Denver areas but just know traffic on 25 can be really bad. As of right now most lectures are either live on zoom or pre-recorded video lectures. For first year you will have a lot of labs on campus. You can bet on at least twice a week one for OPP and one for PCM labs. Additionally, you will have ultrasound labs but these occur on the same days as PCM labs. You will also have anatomy dissection's labs when you are in certain courses for first year. In addition to labs you will also have standardized patients on campus and exams are pretty frequent and those are obviously in person. Lastly, if you decide to do any tracks those may have classes in person and certain club events and simulations can happen on campus. I would say plan for at a minimum being on campus twice a week and sometimes 3x a week.

Another area people like to live is DTC that could be a good option and might be a good middle point.

Thats a good question that only RVUCOM admissions can answer. Can you take one for the team and email them lol
I asked them! Forgot to respond here. But they said they do not know the percentage, it varies year by year and is based on different factors.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary months and months ago and haven’t heard anything. Is anyone else in this same boat?

I submitted my secondary months and months ago and haven’t heard anything. Is anyone else in this same boat?
Honestly, I think they are done interviewing. Last year they were done in early January sending out II. You should reach out to them via email or phone and confirm please.

Honestly, I think they are done interviewing. Last year they were done in early January sending out II. You should reach out to them via email or phone and confirm please.
I figured as much, I’ll do that. Thanks!

I figured as much, I’ll do that. Thanks!
I believe they sent out an email in December stating that the class was getting full and that most students, if not accepted, would be waitlisted (or APS).

I’m sure by now their APS limit has been reached. However, I also agree— send an email out to admissions and check to see the status of your application.

So APS waves have started! They just said they had their first wave so hoping many of us will hear soon :')

I pray I get accepted by the end of this week! Otherwise I have to pay a deposit for another school to guarantee a spot for this year. I wish all of us on APS get accepted !!

Withdrawing my acceptance! Such a great program so it’s bittersweet. Good luck to all of you waiting to hear back!

Got off the APS list yesterday!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I got off the APS list but have withdrawn my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you :)

Just wondering those who have gotten off APS when did you interview, wondering how they're pulling students off!

Yes I would love to hear about this too if anyone can shed some light! :)

I interviewed in early February. I got a call last Wednesday saying I got off the APS status and needed to deposit the money by Friday. However, I got no email whatsoever (they said they would email and I tried calling the office many times). Turns out they change it on your my vista account.

Last edited:
I interviewed in early February. I got a call last Wednesday saying I got off the APS status and needed to deposit the money by Friday. However, I got no email whatsoever (they said they would email and I tried calling the office many times). Turns out they change it on your my vista account.
Ahh okay!! Thanks so much for your response :)

is there a groupme? if so could someone PM me? Thank you! Congrats to everyone btw!

Curious if anyone here changed campuses after acceptance? Long shot if anyone still follows this thread...