2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

How OOS friendly is Rowan? My residency is Massachusetts but I do have some ties to NJ (lived there until I was 12).

How OOS friendly is Rowan? My residency is Massachusetts but I do have some ties to NJ (lived there until I was 12).
If you look at past years Rowan favors in-state 80-85%. That does leave room for OOS applicants and having NJ ties can help. Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Anyone get into the Rowan Masters in Biomedical sciences program? Or know any info / student experiences about the program? I just got accepted and also applying to medical schools this cycle!

Hello! Anyone get into the Rowan Masters in Biomedical sciences program? Or know any info / student experiences about the program? I just got accepted and also applying to medical schools this cycle!
I just graduated from their Master’s and am applying this cycle. If you want to pm me you can!

Has anyone received a secondary yet?

Has anyone received a secondary yet?
They’re a little behind. Spoke to admissions last week and they said secondaries should be sent out by beginning of July.

Reactions: 1 user
They’re a little behind. Spoke to admissions last week and they said secondaries should be sent out by beginning of July.
Thank you kind stranger

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten a secondary

Just called RowanSOM admissions and asked about the secondary and they said it should be about a week hopefully that we receive invites

Reactions: 2 users
Am I smoking something or did I just see someone say they got a secondary. Now it's gone lol

• Haha
Am I smoking something or did I just see someone say they got a secondary. Now it's gone lol
I was going to joke and say I did, but I felt like this community would get too sensitive over it so I deleted it hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I was going to joke and say I did, but I felt like this community would get too sensitive over it so I deleted it hahaha
Yeah neurotic and jokes don't go together well. I would have appreciated it though lol

anyone else get a secondary application update that doesn't actually include a secondary

Yeah. Says its coming Very Soon™
Yeah, got that same email. For some reason, it showed up in my Gmail account's "promotions" folder lol. No idea why it did that. Nova's emails have been going into that folder, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, got that same email. For some reason, it showed up in my Gmail account's "promotions" folder lol. No idea why it did that. Nova's emails have been going into that folder, too.
Same that’s so funny

I have a strange suspicion that there's some IT problem there and they just used their newsletter service (as it came from ConstantContact with a footer containing "Try email marketing for free today!") to stop people from calling and asking :D

Reactions: 2 users
What are the secondary prompts?
I don't think anybody got the 2° yet.

Speaking of which today I've got another email with "You will receive access to our secondary application very soon. " :D

People that received the secondary, are you guys in state or out of state

What are the secondary prompts?
1) Depending on which curriculum you pick, either 1a) Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Problem Based Learning Curriculum (PBLC) and why you are a good fit for this curriculum or 1b) Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Synergistic Guided Learning Curriculum and why you are a good fit for this curriculum.

2) Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)

3) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

4) Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:

5) Optional Essay
Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:

1) Depending on which curriculum you pick, either 1a) Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Problem Based Learning Curriculum (PBLC) and why you are a good fit for this curriculum or 1b) Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Synergistic Guided Learning Curriculum and why you are a good fit for this curriculum.

2) Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)

3) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

4) Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:

5) Optional Essay
Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:
Thank you very much! What's the character limit for them?

I just graduated from their Master’s and am applying this cycle. If you want to pm me you can!
Hi I was curious about this program would you suggest it or was there more risk than reward?

OOS and just received my secondary about 20 minutes ago.

IS, received secondary yesterday.

None of the essays have a word/character limit, right? How long should they be?