2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS A received today! :D:love:

secondary submitted 9/3
interview 11/8

Reactions: 1 user
still radio silence here lol can someone share the policy for update letters?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So UT sends rejection letters pre-interview? I thought I read somewhere they only updated people who were interviewed.

So UT sends rejection letters pre-interview? I thought I read somewhere they only updated people who were interviewed.
I am pretty sure they don't reject people pre- interview until like super late in the cycle. But their admissions team is pretty new so they might be changing it up

I am pretty sure they don't reject people pre- interview until like super late in the cycle. But their admissions team is pretty new so they might be changing it up
Ya thats what I thought, but I saw someone comment they got rejected after their secondary.

Pretty sure they were talking about after their interview they got a rejection

Any OOS applicants who got interviewed? If so, When did you complete secondary and stats (MCAT/GPA) please.

What seems to be the average turn around time for acceptance and rejection after interview? Please comment on the time for each. It seems on here that it is shorter than 3-4 weeks

What seems to be the average turn around time for acceptance and rejection after interview? Please comment on the time for each. It seems on here that it is shorter than 3-4 weeks
I got my acceptance call about a week after my interview. I think for waitlists/rejections you may not know until 3-4 weeks afterwards since they send those via mail instead of calling I believe.

Got the acceptance call last night around 630 eastern time. Interviewed 11/17. Super pumped!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II today. Scheduled for dec 15

Just received an email saying my application is still under review. But no II.

Members don't see this ad :)
still radio silence here lol can someone share the policy for update letters?
Hi same, I am wondering what the policy is on update letters. I looked through the portal but I could not find a place to upload them. Let me know if you find an answer.

Hi same, I am wondering what the policy is on update letters. I looked through the portal but I could not find a place to upload them. Let me know if you find an answer.
If you want to send an update letter I would suggest that you wait until you have many things to update on. So like maybe in January send one. If you send one with very little updates it might not look good.

From an email that they sent to most (all?) applicants a week ago, "Generally, updates to an application are reserved for candidates who have already been invited for an interview". Not sure if they mean that only people who have interviewed should update, or that they do not send application updates to those who have not interviewed, but given that the email was essentially a status update and I have not been invited to interview I would guess the former.

If you want to send an update letter I would suggest that you wait until you have many things to update on. So like maybe in January send one. If you send one with very little updates it might not look good.
Yes, I have a publication, an abstract, and a lot more volunteering hours racked up that I did not have the chance to talk about in my primary application (weak point of my app). Thanks!

Has anyone who’s been accepted been given a deposit amount and deadline to hold your spot?

Has anyone who’s been accepted been given a deposit amount and deadline to hold your spot?
They didn’t give me any specific date in my email, but their admitted students page on the website says starting February 22 you can select “plan to enroll” in AMCAS. Hope this helps.

They didn’t give me any specific date in my email, but their admitted students page on the website says starting February 22 you can select “plan to enroll” in AMCAS. Hope this helps.
in the acceptance check list, it states that there is no deposit required. however, once you receive your netiD (around 2 weeks after acceptance letter is received via postal mail), you will have to pay a $75 processing fee. from what I've read, the processing fee has to be paid within 2 weeks of receiving your nediD. there's more information in these two links that helped me figure out what all needed to be done! you can dm me if you have any other questions!

Any advice for someone interviewing next week?

I interviewed here recently and you'll have two interviews - one non-academic one with an M4 and an academic one with a physician. Know your AMCAS application throughout - personal statement and extracurricular activities and reflect on the lessons you learned from your experiences! Both my interviews were very comfortable and conversational and they're just trying to get a better picture of who you are. Definitely practice your answers to basic medical interview questions and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just to add on to what the previous poster (@futuredoctor16893) said, my non-academic (semi-open file, they had access to everything but my stats) interview was not with an M4, but with a faculty professor teaches M1s. The interviews were definitely low-stress and super conversations. It really felt like they were just trying to get to know me and most of the questions were focused on my experiences and interests. I had a great time and it was one of the most enjoyable, least stressful interviews I've attended thus far. I also love that they let you know your results within a week! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Where do we think we're at in the cycle right now? IS and haven't heard anything. I know Tennessee runs late but we must be past the halfway point right?

Where do we think we're at in the cycle right now? IS and haven't heard anything. I know Tennessee runs late but we must be past the halfway point right?
literally same! IS and im just surprised i havent heard something by now

literally same! IS and im just surprised i havent heard something by now
This is literally a crapshoot. This is my 3rd year applying IS, the first time was with a 502 and i received an ii followed by a rejection. Last year was with a 506 and i didnt receive an ii, but i applied a little late. and now I have completed a master's of science and applied on the first day possible and havent heard anything.

This is literally a crapshoot. This is my 3rd year applying IS, the first time was with a 502 and i received an ii followed by a rejection. Last year was with a 506 and i didnt receive an ii, but i applied a little late. and now I have completed a master's of science and applied on the first day possible and havent heard anything.
ya its truly wild. fingers crossed some news before Xmas!

No don't think they're are even at the half way point yet. They will interview as late as April. UTHSC is fairly late with the interviews every year.

No don't think they're are even at the half way point yet. They will interview as late as April. UTHSC is fairly late with the interviews every year.
I like this so I choose to believe

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Is there anything we need to do right now after acceptance besides paying the $75 fee? Getting nervous that I might miss some sort of deadline.

Is there anything we need to do right now after acceptance besides paying the $75 fee? Getting nervous that I might miss some sort of deadline.
That’s all I’ve done. Seems like we can’t do anything else at the moment.

I keep getting the email update that my application is still under review. Have not received an II. Is that the standard email update they send out to all?
I think these are mass emails-- I am getting them too. :/